ooooooooooo

Fuel Gauge

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
For being a 12 gallon tank has anyone ever ran it even close to that? When the last fuel line goes clear and fuel light turns on you would think it's super low. Even after all those that turn on I still only put in just over 7 gallons. With 4 more gallons left why is the fuel Guage so far off?

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Have u paid attention to yours when u get fuel once those alerts turn on?

Joxor889

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I’ve filled mine up about 4 times. Always at 1 bar and holds about $20 worth.

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
$20 worth is hard to judge, next time look at gallons. My record

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211014-105054_FillUp.jpg
    Screenshot_20211014-105054_FillUp.jpg
    446.9 KB · Views: 202

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
How many miles are the average between when the lights turn on the fuel Guage? Maybe I'll ignore it if it's premature

Buckpasser

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
My fuel gauge seems to be pretty accurate. I’ve filled it up from one bar and it took about ten gallons. Doesn’t it have five levels of display? Four bars, then a hollow bottom bar for warning, or did I make that up? Anyway, if so, 12/5=2.4 gallons per increment.

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
4 bars then the bottom one goes hollow. And a fuel light kicks on. How many miles between fillups?

Buckpasser

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
4 bars then the bottom one goes hollow. And a fuel light kicks on. How many miles between fillups?

I don’t keep records, but I’ve been getting around 28mpg and I normally fill up somewhere after half a tank. I’ve never let the bottom bar go hollow yet.

jcjelp

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
My alternator broke on my 18 . Does any one have a picture of one. I foolishly let my man go before i knew about this problem he has dis peared along with the alternater. help please!!

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
What exactly do you end a pic of? I can take it for you when I get home

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Hey same app, when mine hits the first bar always around 7 gallons. Guess I need to wait till spring to push the tank I have in it. Plan on ignoring the Guage and going off miles

GnadenAce

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
As a retired heavy equipment mechanic, It doesn't matter how easy it is to prime a diesel, don't EVER let your engine run out of fuel. If it's close and it starts to sputter, kill it and start your "refuel" from there. If you don't and run it dry, you will be sorry.

Evh1

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
As a retired heavy equipment mechanic, It doesn't matter how easy it is to prime a diesel, don't EVER let your engine run out of fuel. If it's close and it starts to sputter, kill it and start your "refuel" from there. If you don't and run it dry, you will be sorry.
I always run my gas gauge down recording mileage as I hit milestones, last bar to flashing on my ADV Motorcycles. With a gallon of gas in a pouch, I can gas up and bump start if needed. I need to do this with my Roxor so what do I look for in a diesel motor. No experience with them. Why is it such a no no to run one totally out of fuel? On Flat terrain, will I have a decent warning sputter or three to shut down and refuel from a 5 gallon can? Thanks for your input.

GnadenAce

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Honestly, most of my experience with gasoline engines is before they became fuel injected. Diesels always have fuel delivered through at least one high pressure pump and "injectors" that atomize the fuel into the cylinder right before it explodes due to compression. Gas engines used to use a carburetor to mix gasoline and air together where it would be drawn into the cylinder just before a spark plug causes it to explode due to ignition. Using any kind of high pressure diesel pump requires that the entire length of suction and pressure pipe be leak free and 100% filled with fluid and absolutely no air. A tiny bubble of air will cause the high pressure pump not to pump and the diesel not to start, where it doesn't affect the gas engine. Depends on the engine, and I haven't looked at the Roxor, but some have a manual pump somewhere that you can use to "bleed" the air out of the system. Sometimes you can use the starter to bleed, but you would have to make sure the fuel filter was completely full and then go to each fuel line fitting from the injection pump out and crack the fitting to let out the air (and fuel). Probably four fittings on the pump and one fitting on each of 4 injectors. Often you will need to repeat this procedure more than once to get all the air out of the system. This is A LOT OF WORK. After you have to do this once I'm sure you will figure some way of always fueling your diesel before it runs out. And in case you didn't know, diesel fuel stinks, especially to wives. One drop will stay with you all day.

Last edited: