ooooooooooo

All the Fuel

Fhleader

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have a 41 that was made by my turbo supplier for me. Yes i have no fuel added to my file. Also all my dyno numbers i am collecting from my power test dyno. Gotta understand i started doing all this in 18 when there was nothing made or available. Im thinking about making a custom exhaust manifold and changing turbos completely. Something about this little k series turbo pushing 27psi of boost kinda scares me.

Wm435

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I have a 41 that was made by my turbo supplier for me. Yes i have no fuel added to my file. Also all my dyno numbers i am collecting from my power test dyno. Gotta understand i started doing all this in 18 when there was nothing made or available. Im thinking about making a custom exhaust manifold and changing turbos completely. Something about this little k series turbo pushing 27psi of boost kinda scares me.
So in theory all I would have to do to my roxor is modify the injectors?

I currently have a Diesel Freak 2.6 custom tune, with the RX41, and intercooler, you think I'd probably blow the motor if I don't down tune it and I go with the 30% injectors?

I'd love to push the motor all the while still having longevity in mind, I do know it's possible we just need to find that sweet spot through trial and error AKA blowing up motors

Fhleader

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
So in theory all I would have to do to my roxor is modify the injectors?

I currently have a Diesel Freak 2.6 custom tune, with the RX41, and intercooler, you think I'd probably blow the motor if I don't down tune it and I go with the 30% injectors?

I'd love to push the motor all the while still having longevity in mind, I do know it's possible we just need to find that sweet spot through trial and error AKA blowing up motors
Do you have a pyro installed? The reasone i took the fuel out of the file is my pyro temps are getting too high for me to like. You have the nice cac compared to mine and what are you seeing for boost numbers? The bottle neck is the exhaust ports. I believe we will start lifting heads if we can't come up with a solution for that. I'd say send it and go for it. I would just do it and ask for forgiveness later.

Wm435

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Do you have a pyro installed? The reasone i took the fuel out of the file is my pyro temps are getting too high for me to like. You have the nice cac compared to mine and what are you seeing for boost numbers? The bottle neck is the exhaust ports. I believe we will start lifting heads if we can't come up with a solution for that. I'd say send it and go for it. I would just do it and ask for forgiveness later.
Strangely enough I'm only getting 20
Pounds of boost, the same amount of boost just like my previous DF stage 2 tune. I'd thought I'd gotten more boost with my DF stage 2.6 tune.

You sound like you have gotten significantly farther a head of me. What's your 2 cents, where do you think the sweet spot is?

Wm435

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Pounds of boost, the same amount of boost just like my previous DF stage 2 tune. I'd thought I'd gotten more boost with my DF stage 2.6 tune.

You sound like you have gotten significantly farther a head of me. What's your 2 cents, where do you think the sweet spot is?
No pyro btw, but it might be a good idea for a guy like me and my ambitious mind lol

Fhleader

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner

I yeeted the waste gate, i have no issues breaking my 32 loose. But i also have 4.56 gears in mine as well. 120 should be perfect for the average individual. I am trying to figure out how do we get to 300. Im pushing 1500 on the pyro on a dyno run with the eletric fan stuck on. I wouldn't mind those numbers if i was around 200 but 118rwhp i have to figure out the heat issue first. I am probably going to spray it and probably upgrade my cac. Your cac is dam near double my size. New custom intake, bigger cac and spray it. That's my plan of attack right now. Also look at installing a fass on your unit.

Wm435

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I yeeted the waste gate, i have no issues breaking my 32 loose. But i also have 4.56 gears in mine as well. 120 should be perfect for the average individual. I am trying to figure out how do we get to 300. Im pushing 1500 on the pyro on a dyno run with the eletric fan stuck on. I wouldn't mind those numbers if i was around 200 but 118rwhp i have to figure out the heat issue first. I am probably going to spray it and probably upgrade my cac. Your cac is dam near double my size. New custom intake, bigger cac and spray it. That's my plan of attack right now. Also look at installing a fass on your unit.
How you know my cac is bigger?

If I tinker with the wastegate I can push more boost?

Wm435

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I've seen pictures of the kits, yes you can. Just remember it overspeeds the turbo.
Overspeeds the turbo means it cranks more heat the farther I go past the efficiency zone?

I may not have a pyro, but I do pay attention to my radiator Temps, and it never goes past 195F. And after I trashed the spark arrest I don't go past 188F. And I was able to shift at much lower RPMs all of a sudden

Fhleader

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Overspeeds the turbo means it cranks more heat the farther I go past the efficiency zone?

I may not have a pyro, but I do pay attention to my radiator Temps, and it never goes past 195F. And after I trashed the spark arrest I don't go past 188F. And I was able to shift at much lower RPMs all of a sudden
Correct, you will eventually hit a point where it just heats the air. I have aftermarket stainless exhaust on mine. Are you running the stock fan or eletric?

Wm435

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Correct, you will eventually hit a point where it just heats the air. I have aftermarket stainless exhaust on mine. Are you running the stock fan or eletric?
Electric fan, I wouldn't trust that factory fan anything past a stage 1 tune. From personal experience

You think 25 pounds of boost is okay? My roxor is my daily driver

Fhleader

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Electric fan, I wouldn't trust that factory fan anything past a stage 1 tune. From personal experience

You think 25 pounds of boost is okay? My roxor is my daily driver
Yes, if i haven't blown mine up you will be fine

Lebers driven

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
How and where did you get your injectors modified? Put me on the list for that new manifold if you make one. I’d like to be able to read EGT and drive pressure. With how much time you’ve had with this machine I’m surprised you haven’t told us that you ported the head.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
How and where did you get your injectors modified? Put me on the list for that new manifold if you make one. I’d like to be able to read EGT and drive pressure. With how much time you’ve had with this machine I’m surprised you haven’t told us that you ported the head.
If you’ve deleted the egr you can easily tap the knock off plates to add the pyrometer sensor and boost sensor

Fhleader

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Been looking to get a 4 port version. I have talked to a guy in Kentucky that will custom cast a 4 port head if i get him a stock 2 port. Probably get custom push rods made if i go to this extent.

Fhleader

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Wouldn’t I only be able to add one gauge off of that port?
No, you can run multiple if you stack them correctly. Also i am not mentioning names on the suppliers i use because of current events in the diesel industry. Find yourself a shop that rebuilds injectors that can also oversize them.

Lebers driven

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
No, you can run multiple if you stack them correctly. Also i am not mentioning names on the suppliers i use because of current events in the diesel industry. Find yourself a shop that rebuilds injectors that can also oversize them.
Good to know and fair enough. I’m just happy to know that a bigger injector can be done in the roxor and work