ooooooooooo

Running out of fuel

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
So I'm going to ignore my fuel Gauge since it shows I need fuel when I still 5 gallon left in the tank. My question if I run it out. Will adding fuel it will start right back up? I just know our reefer units at work if they run out it has to be primed..

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Repair manual 5.5.4.5 shows air bleeding instructions after replacing a fuel filter. I believe that this would be the same procedure you follow when you run down the tank and pump air.

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Bleeding and priming seems easy enough....
But I would not want to stall out in traffic and block a lane (or get hit from behind as I roll to a stop).

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Lovely... When does manual say to replace fuel filter?

reedcharlie75

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Lovely... When does manual say to replace fuel filter?
I’m not sure what the manual says, all my friends who are diesel guys said 10k miles. I was at 14k then, so I changed mine. It still looked pretty good. So I’d say 10-15k just to be safe

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
This information should also be in the owner manual (but I am away from my machine and cannot check).

Screenshot_20211205-163625_Drive.jpg Screenshot_20211205-163750_Drive.jpg

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Couple more points on running your tank empty and filter change: it depends:
- any crud and water settles to the bottom of the tank, which might end up in the fuel filter and water separator.
- diesel from gas stations will very likely not have any particles. It should thousands of milea before the fuel filter needs changed.
- Diesel from fuel cans, farm tanks, or 55 gal drums may have dirt in it. A filter could be ruined with a couple fill ups. (I never pump from a tank directly into my equipment)
- tanks can rust. For winter srorage, I fill my tractor and excavator to the point the tank has no air gap under the fuel cap. The fuel caps are horizontal (tanks fill from the top) not like cars. If I leave just a few inches of air above the diesel, moisture will condensate on the fuel cap, which will rust. That crud will settle in the tank. The condensing water will settle in the water separator. If you don't drain that for a while, the engine will stall.