ooooooooooo

Waste motor oil fuel

joeyd99403

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
looking to buy a Mahindra can't seem to figure out what injection pump it has and if you be able to run waste motor oil for fuel through it. I have a como filter cart that will filter the oil cleaner than what a guy gets in a brand new jug of oil. I currently have a 1st Gen Cummins with a VE pump I've put thousands of miles on it running 65% waste oil and 30% diesel 5% mineral spirits. the filter cart removes water, glycol paraffin wax it's designed to filter down to 1 micron.

Paulson

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I'm not shure how they would run on black diesel. The 12 valve is a mechanical pump. These are a electronic injection set up like the 24 valve.

joeyd99403

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I think it really boils down to the cleaniness of the fuel, viscosity and of course emissions would encounter issues but if a guy is running waste oil they really aren't going to care much for emissions. I'm sure a fella probably get away with 30%-40% or more. in my Cummins I run a marine/locomotive engine oil to combat heat, soot accumulation around the ring, acids and to hold the soot in suspension. I have ran several engine oil analysis through out the years I've been running waste motor oil and have been happy with the results. really don't notice any drivability difference or have any starting issues. just at idle smokes a little blueish white but when you goose it it's still black. you do creat alot more BTUs so if your towing you need to pay attention I run certain booster also to help

joeyd99403

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
the filter cart that I use is $6500 new the holds 2 filters that are $100 a pop and I get 700-1000 gallons out of them before they need changing depending on how dirty the oil it it. gets it cleaner than a centrifuge it's faster also. 5gpm

Paulson

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
been doing black diesel for quite a few years. just haven't tried it on this new stuff.not sure with all the extra sensors and pumps.

Spanky

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I run on-road, off-road and throw a quart of used motor oil in there every now and then. I always add the used oil on 1/4 tank or so then go fill it up. I'm not ha ung any issues, kinda treating it like my old 7.3 L PowerStrokes.... I did elect to remove the incentives that exhaust thieves come looking for....