:-(
Modified my post. Trying again

BDRAG

Last edited:

Renegade6

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Oh, BTW if your land is considered a farm, you can drive within 25 miles without it needing to be registered.

M4R1N3

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Renegade 6 exactly.... wasnt trying to cut dude down. Just dont understand trying to turn it into a jeep when a great condition CJ is much less expensive. Oh well. To each his own and I get the whole "its mine and I wanna do with it what I want" thing.

Renegade6

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Just a matter of approach. Hit your head against the wall and fight the system or go indirect e.g., go to another county, the dealer in Marshall, TX. While the first method is most satisfying, the second maybe more fruitful.

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I registered mine months ago in Texas and have regular license plates (not replica) with it registered as what it is, a Mahindra with the vin/pin that it was born with. I was going to go the replica route with an ase inspection but sometimes too much documentation is counter productive.

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
Call H&W Honda in Marshall Texas. They just got theirs licensed for street legal last week. I took it on a 30 mile trip around E. Texas today. Ask for Kirk hes the manager at that dealership. Great guy. He said Texas listed is as a Jeep Replica!

THANKS'

BDRAG

Last edited:

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
I registered mine months ago in Texas and have regular license plates (not replica) with it registered as what it is, a Mahindra with the vin/pin that it was born with. I was going to go the replica route with an ase inspection but sometimes too much documentation is counter productive.

Modified my post. Trying again.

BDRAG

Last edited:

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #

BDRAG

Last edited:

Bfree

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Just an idea, but maybe you can drive over to Marshall Tx and visit that DMV, since they are already use to the process. Or find a DMV closer to you that is Roxor friendly! Just a thought!

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #

BDRAG

Last edited:

M4R1N3

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Just drive over to Marshall lol. For me its 7 hrs from the Corpus area. But then again, I'm ok with just an orange triangle on the back. Rural south Texas does not seem to care because there are always people on the country roads in side by sides and farm equipment. I just might check the DMV locally here just to know to share in case anyone in the area is interested in registering theirs.

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #

BDRAG

Last edited:

M4R1N3

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Its not just about that. The main reason for not allowing the Roxor to be road legal is because all vehicles manufactured since certain dates for use on public highways must conform to modern standards and regs and the Roxor Classic, Classic 2, and LE cj copies do not and never will. And once again, if a person wants a "Jeep" cj, then go buy a jeep cj. They are much cheaper than buying an Indian version that will never be truly road legal.

Sonnyd

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have mine fully road legal. Here is the proscess. The roxor does not have an actual Vin number, what it has is a product identification number( that's why its a weird as number with a bunch of A's .) So what you need to do is get your title and bring it to and custom/ hot rod shop that can produce and actual VIN and vin plate titling it as and custom vehicle for road use. The legalities are and little grey but it's not by any means against the law. Mine is clearly customized with and different grill, lockers, windshield, wheels, paint and tuning it looks the part. Plus your not tampering with a Vin number as their was never a Vin to start with. The only hang up is that the bank that holds the note proably also holds your title and they may get weird with you tampering with it, so you may have to pay it off first or wait for it to be paid. However I imagine like most banks if you establish a good payment history (6 months to a year) and continue to pay they will likely never look twice and it, and not care if they do. Dirt legal can help you with this proscess. Money well spent.

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
Ok M4, We can banter back and forth all we want. You have your opinion and strangely I would have the same opinion in many cases. But since you keep coming back to your point of GO BUY A JEEP if ya want A JEEP, let me expand on why I even have this cool little wannabe jeep thingy.

One year ago next month a good friend who I have ridden 100,000 miles plus with on all types of motorcycles and all over this great country had a bad crash. A mechanical failure we presume since he crashed in a straight line at 70 MPH. He has no recollection of what happened. He has lived in Colorado for the past 12 years or so. We would meet at least 2-3 times a year out there or in other great road states like Arkansas.

After his crash it made me realize just how unpredictable riding can be and we rode hard and fast like kids most of the time. Had a few close calls. So I decided I'm retiring in a few years and want to enjoy it with all my body parts working. My buddy has mostly lost his use of his right arm.

I have kinda sorta been trying to sell my two duel sport bikes for the past 10 months. Not trying real hard because its real freaking hard not having the bikes under my ass. I can maybe relate it to a crack habit? Hard to stop after doing it for so long? I have never done drugs because I might like it. LOL. So its been real hard not riding and keeping the promise to my wife of 38 years that I am done. REAL F-ING HARD!

So a few months back I had seen the Roxors out in front of the same motorcycle dealer that I bought a bike from in 2000 when I got back on after a 13 year absence of riding. A few months later I drive by the dealer with the wife and we stop and look at the Roxor and inquire about pricing. The dollar value was in the realm of the value of my 2 bikes combined. Yes I'm talking getting low balled and if it happens why not get something for them at least. I went home to do my soul searching and research the possibility of what it would take to make the Roxor a little more useful for some around town, short trips to my East Texas land and be able to drive the trails in Colorado and drive the Roxor to town for the night instead of on and off a freaking trailer every time. My wife seemed to like it, I can still go to Colorado and see my bud and we can still hit the trails and have *hit to do. Just not bikes. A win win for me. Wife would be happy bikes are gone and I would still have a toy. So I haggled for a few days with them and did a deal. My ass is still sore but it's better now! LOL!

So in my case, I don't really fall into the GO BUY A JEEP IF YA WANT A JEEP class. I acquired mine through trade. Something I was not using for something I can't use. HAhaaaaa. S H I T ! HAhaaaa. Damnit Jim!

BDRAG:eek::D:ROFLMAO:o_O:)

Last edited:

M4R1N3

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Rotfl..."dammit Jim I'm a doctor"!
I'm sorry about your friend. I too have been riding all my life. You made a smart trade for the future. Sorry for busting your balls.