ooooooooooo

3 WEEKS IN. REPORT AND UPDATE.

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
:-(
Hey All, I have had the Rox 3 weeks now. In the first week I installed the Fortress Top and windshield. I finally received the wiper kit yesterday and installed it last night. That's another thread! Lol. So its all working. I am making my appointment with state ASE guy for the street certification hopefully today. Then off to the tax office to see just how we register this thing. It AIN'T a damn motorcycle as the title app say's. LOL, My temp tag also say's motorcycle. WTF? HAhaaaaa.

I have 120 miles on it, all street. Loving it. The Jeep guy's don't know weather to wave or give me the bird! HAhaaaaa. Had a new Rubicon pass me as I was in a left turn lane and he breezed past on my right and while he was looking at me in his side mirror smacked the curb on the other side of the intersection. HAhaaaa. He bounced back into his lane with a few wiggles. Glad he hung onto it! More later.

BDRAG

Doshounds

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Great minds think alike. Got my fortress top in Sat. Got it installed and wiper working. I agree the wiper install is a complete thread on its own.

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
The wiper? Hummmmmm? Where to start? I'll just say you have to open up holes in the wiper motor, supply a washer not figured in on the inside nut, I don't do nuts flat on another surface, Oh and move the pivot hole in the wiper blade 3 inches from center. LOL! Oh and where is that hole at the base of the roll bar to run the wire? HAHaaaaaa. No big deal. Most of it was figured out. They have been built for 7 days. You or I got unit number 1! HAhaaaa.

BDRAG

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
How did you like installing the windshield mounting nut? HOLYMOLY! HAhaaaaa. If I had it to do again, I would set top on edge, install windshield to top and then get 3 bodies to help put it on. Oh was the pull handle upside down?

BDRAG

Doshounds

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
How did you like installing the windshield mounting nut? HOLYMOLY! HAhaaaaa. If I had it to do again, I would set top on edge, install windshield to top and then get 3 bodies to help put it on. Oh was the pull handle upside down?

BDRAG

The windshield was not easy. I used a closed end wrench and a small piece of gorilla tape, set the nut in the closed end wrench and turned it from the top. There was no way my hands were getting in there. The wiper blade was too long, fortunately jimmyb had just done his and gave me some advice on cutting the arm a few inches. My pull handle was correctly installed, it will be easier next time.

Renegade6

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Are you just getting the normal annual safety inspection for the full blown ASE inspection?

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
Ok. State ASE Certification done. Stopped by local state inspection and provided my ins card and they had no issue giving a state inspection as Mahindra Roxor II. Category as Sport Utility / SUV . Not a damn motorcycle. So off to tax office Wednesday or Thursday for the real deal on trying to re title now that I have everyone saying its street legal and safe, with insurance and inspection. Fingers crossed.

BDRAG

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
Sooo....wiper install pics? Thread?

Check on Fortress web site. look at their parts for the Roxor. www.fortressatv.com

The wiper kit is good once installed, I think the first handful of us that went that route are the test bed. I have mentioned the issues I had with my dealer and they have passed or will pass it along to Fortress and let them know what I found during install. Now weather that keeps it simpler down the road?? HAhaaaaa.

I just ran mine straight to the battery with a blade fuse in the hot wire. I will eventually go back and tie it in to the ignition circuit. The wiper motor cycles about a 80 degree sweep. It has a small toggle switch built into the driver side surface with high and low speed. Very simple.

Ill take a few pic and post them.

BDRAG

Renegade6

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
So, could you have avoided the ASE inspection and titled it as a Roxor once it passed the safety inspection?

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
So, could you have avoided the ASE inspection and titled it as a Roxor once it passed the safety inspection?
No! It must have the ASE inspection whatever you try. The ASE inspection VERIFIES the vehicle meets the states safety criteria as far as road worthiness.

BDRAG

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
Modified my post. Trying again.

BDRAG

Last edited:

M4R1N3

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
If it's like Texas they can say no or whatever they want. I still think the only route to road legal that would work in any state would be to buy an old cj and transfer the vin thus calling it a restored cj. Dont really understand the point of getting it road legal at least here in rural Texas. I mean, if you wanted a road legal jeep, buy a road legal jeep. In most cases it's same cost and easier than a Roxor. I like it for what it is, a better side by side.

Bfree

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Call H&W Honda in Marshall Texas. They just got theirs licensed for street legal last week. I took it on a 30 mile trip around E. Texas today. Ask for Kirk hes the manager at that dealership. Great guy. He said Texas listed is as a Jeep Replica!

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
Call H&W Honda in Marshall Texas. They just got theirs licensed for street legal last week. I took it on a 30 mile trip around E. Texas today. Ask for Kirk hes the manager at that dealership. Great guy. He said Texas listed is as a Jeep Replica!

Thanks' I will!

BDRAG

Last edited: