ooooooooooo

Winter fuel???

UtahHunter

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
My Roxor is the first diesel engine powered vehicle I have owned. I am getting ready to go on a hunt here shortly and in the mountains nearby the temperatures can dip into the teens overnight this time of year. It's my understanding that diesel fuel can gel at 15 degrees F. None of the local gas stations seem to know anything about diesel #1 or diesel #2. I did talk to a delivery driver who told me that they will not be delivering diesel #1 here in town until late October, after my hunt. He claimed he has never run into a problem until the temperatures reached below zero.

I've read the Roxor manual and they give stern warnings about using ANY fuel additives. What do you guys do during the winter months when the temperatures get down into the teens and single digits?

Last edited:
B

Bister

You'll be fine. Just dipping at night is no problem at all. Once it stays down all day, you might not want to be running number 2 fuel.

As for what I do, really nothing cause I live in Saskatchewan and all our full is switched over in October like yours. I do park inside, but I am out for a pushing snow etc and all is good with number 1 fuel. Some swear by different additives. Anti-gel is your biggest one needed its cold and you don't run Number 1, but 15º is not cold. lol

Last edited by a moderator:

MikeT

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I would get a container of diesel 911 just for peace of mind. Its not a regular additive but is meant to fix a gelled filter or line.
I’m sure Bister is right though, but im a be prepared kind of guy.
Btw, i know what Mahindra says but fuel is fuel and they all have a bit of water. I use additives in all my diesel engines including the roxor.

B

Bister

I would get a container of diesel 911 just for peace of mind. Its not a regular additive but is meant to fix a gelled filter or line.
I’m sure Bister is right though, but im a be prepared kind of guy.
Btw, i know what Mahindra says but fuel is fuel and they all have a bit of water. I use additives in all my diesel engines including the roxor.
Nothing wrong with being prepared. Nice to have some stuff around just incase. Not a bad thing to add a bit if you are not sure of your fuel.

I park inside and I know my fuel should be good, but could aways get some bad stuff.

I drove truck for years into the winter and I never had any problems. We did add a little bit of stuff in the real cold, even in number 1 fuel, but that was in trucks that ran for hours in extreme cold (Manitoba and Saskatchewan). I don't do 12 hours in -30 in my Roxor in the middle of the night and the middle of nowhere. lol