ooooooooooo

Warn Hub Install

P Bleskey

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Thanks brother. Not yet. It will be here Monday. They got it yesterday and it’s on it’s way back to me. Sucks I paid 48 bucks for expedited shipping and have to wait through the weekend.
I see you have had your ECM flashed. Who did it ? Do you feel an overall improvement?, speed, pickup no more feeling of topping out?

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
:-(
I installed mine last night. Took me about 20 mins. to remove the freakin dust cap on one side and about 45mins on the other. I remember the good old days when I was kid working in my Dad's shop . We had a dust cap puller that made it a snap normally to remove the caps. Once in a while you would run into one that was rusted on and a real mother to get off.
We would smack it a few times with a hammer while spewing a string of profanities. It didn't help much in removing the caps---but sure made ya feel better! lol
Foxstand mentioned in his post to remove every other hub bolt to allow the claw hammer approach. Worked GREAT for me. Tapped the claws of the hammer in with a few taps from a dead blow hammer. Prayed one side a tad, moved around to another spot and POP! Off came the cap. I did bend up one slightly. The other is near new.

BDRAG

quickshot

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Foxstand mentioned in his post to remove every other hub bolt to allow the claw hammer approach. Worked GREAT for me. Tapped the claws of the hammer in with a few taps from a dead blow hammer. Prayed one side a tad, moved around to another spot and POP! Off came the cap. I did bend up one slightly. The other is near new.

BDRAG
I used claw hammers . One cap only slightly mangled but the other I nearly destroyed it. On the really stubborn one , I removed all hub bolts, since I was running out of cap lip to pry up on. Lol I used to take dust caps off several times a week when I was teenager in my dad's shop. I sure wished I had that old cap remover still. It looks like a half plier/half hammer weird tool. But they work great.

ShawnKurtz

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
WARN Hubs on order...

Has anyone noticed a "popping" or "clicking" sound from the front-end prior to replacing the hubs? My Roxor is making those sounds while turning, I am attributing that to everything turning when it is in 2WD, I don't seem to hear it when I am in 4WD at the ranch.

P Bleskey

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
WARN Hubs on order...

Has anyone noticed a "popping" or "clicking" sound from the front-end prior to replacing the hubs? My Roxor is making those sounds while turning, I am attributing that to everything turning when it is in 2WD, I don't seem to hear it when I am in 4WD at the ranch.
I heard an occasional pop, nothing with the new hubs. I agree with you on that.

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
WARN Hubs on order...

Someone said some place, some thread to grease the spring bolts at supplied grease fittings. It stopped the pop for them.

BDRAG

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
WARN Hubs on order...

So did you grease the spring bolts at shackle's ? Did it stop the pop?

BDRAG

Woodsman74881

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Also go through the undercarriage and tighten all nuts. Many on mine were loose. Once tightened and greased. Popping stopped

Joe Roberts

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Are any locking hubs available for the rear wheels, looking to be able to unlock hubs on all 4 wheels for flat towing without the need to disconnect the drive shaft to preserve parts.

I have probably over 2000 miles of towing on mine. Front manual hubs and everything in neutral. No issues. the rear drive shaft keeps the oiler in the transfer case pumping so nothing to worry about.

B

Bister

I have probably over 2000 miles of towing on mine. Front manual hubs and everything in neutral. No issues. the rear drive shaft keeps the oiler in the transfer case pumping so nothing to worry about.
When towing, your transmission should be in first gear to lock it from turning at all.

Harvey Cannon

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Is there a problem when the hub is turning and and your axle is not ? That would be happening with your hubs unlocked.

Collin S.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Ok everyone I have one hell of a mystery happening. I’ve installed warn hubs so I can flat tow. Daily driving they work exactly as they’re supposed to. In 2wd with the hubs unlocked, the front driveshaft doesn’t spin. Lock the hubs and it does. But then when I go to flat tow, I unlock the hubs, shift the transfer case into neutral and trans into 1 and begin to be towed, the front driveshaft is spinning. This makes no sense. Can anyone think of anything that would cause this? Thanks.

Rolandwanders

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Seen the same thing, would also like an answer because with the transfer case in neutral, shouldn't both driveshafts be free?

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
It’s probably not spinning in proportion to what it should be under power. Hope that makes sense. I’ve seen it happen in semis and I know it probably happens in autos/jeeps too. You can put the drive wheels in the air and then idle the engine with the trans in neutral. The wheels will spin slightly. What happens is the fluid is spinning the gears in the trans. There is no resistance to stop it so the power gets transmitted to the axle and the wheels spin slowly. Lower it on the ground and the wheels provide resistance and the gears can’t spin the driveshaft. I’m sure someone else can explain it better and clearer but that’s what your seeing. Nothing worry about IMO.

Collin S.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
It’s probably not spinning in proportion to what it should be under power. Hope that makes sense. I’ve seen it happen in semis and I know it probably happens in autos/jeeps too. You can put the drive wheels in the air and then idle the engine with the trans in neutral. The wheels will spin slightly. What happens is the fluid is spinning the gears in the trans. There is no resistance to stop it so the power gets transmitted to the axle and the wheels spin slowly. Lower it on the ground and the wheels provide resistance and the gears can’t spin the driveshaft. I’m sure someone else can explain it better and clearer but that’s what your seeing. Nothing worry about IMO.
Thanks for the explanation. So I’m your opinion you don’t think that I need to worry about it while flat towing. It freaks me out to to tow seeing the front driveshaft spinning with unlocked hubs.