Tune/flash

L

Lwhite5

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Looking for some input on what tune to buy, I have been looking at RXR, VR, and few others. What are your thoughts on the best tunes?

L

Lwhite5

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
What is the top speed you can go now? And did you delete the EGR? What stage?

pejo0501

pejo0501

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I technically have owned my Roxor for more then a month now but I haven’t seen it or driven it yet it is stuck in North Michigan waiting for its new vin and title before I pick it up. I was told my dealer that I should be able to go at least 90 if not higher. It should be I told my dealership to do that. Tune is the 2.0

R

Rick

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I went with Vivid out of Gilbert AZ. Stage 1 with the EGR delete. The guys there were great to work with, answered all my questions and even went out of their way to get it back to me. 800 miles on the new program and zero problems

RCF

RCF

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I don’t know top speed but I’ve had it at 75 mph and I do have her deleted

G

gpfred

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
i went with vivid got stage 1 because i didnt want two stress clutch. drove it a week and sent it back for stage 2 ---- its perfect --- got the delete also --- top end 75 but cruises nice at 57 to 62 ive got 2000 miles on mine not a single issue

C

Cshama

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
i went with vivid got stage 1 because i didnt want two stress clutch. drove it a week and sent it back for stage 2 ---- its perfect --- got the delete also --- top end 75 but cruises nice at 57 to 62 ive got 2000 miles on mine not a single issue
Do you feel that it is in fact stressing the clutch?

I just ordered a stage 3 (equivalent to stage 2 everywhere else) from KMS and my only real concern is that I'm keeping the stock clutch.

pejo0501

pejo0501

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #

I just ordered a stage 3 (equivalent to stage 2 everywhere else) from KMS and my only real concern is that I'm keeping the stock clutch.
Your clutch will wear out quick. Diesel freak told me that if I am going to a stage 2 that they wanted me to upgrade my clutch before I started driving with the new tune

L

Lwhite5

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #

What is the top speed with KMS stage 3?

G

gpfred

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
i dont feel i have any issues --- im not dumping the clutch or hot rodding-- why upgrade for something that may never happen---

J

Jamesc

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
CShama,
Today, I ordered a KMS Stage 3. How has your Roxor responded to that tune? I was assured drivability and response is fine. KMS reports early issues with stage 3 were resolved and bugs are out of the tune. I will be watching for clutch issues but my Roxor won't see any extreme action. I will upgrade that at the first sign of problems. Since the top three were DieselFreak, Vivid and KMS, they all made my short list. But, the fact that I could keep my stock ECU made the difference for me. Any feedback is appreciated.

Tinfoil Hat

Tinfoil Hat

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Hi all,
I went with the KMS tune as well. I liked the idea of having the stock ECM to fall back on if I ever needed it. I ordered the stage 2 (apparently they don't have a stage 2 anymore, but they did when I ordered it!), but I received a stage 3 about 115HP. For those wondering, the difference when driving is...well... unbelievable... If you take delivery of the Roxor with a tune already installed, you won't ever know the difference. If you drive a stock Roxor and then install the tune, it's night and day difference. Way back in high school I had 2 friends that owned firebirds, one had a V6, the other had a V8. These Roxor tunes basically take you from a V6 experience, (it looks cool and it'll get you where you want to go) to a V8 experience (Wow this is pretty fast). I've only got about 50 miles on it since installing the tune, so I can't comment on longevity, only the instant HP increase once I took it for a drive.

I asked KMS specifically about the clutch issue and the toll that the new tune might take on the engine, and they said that they have not had anyone inform them of any problems either way. I'm not saying that there won't be, I'm just letting you know what they told me when I specifically asked about these issues. I guess we are pioneers here, we have to let each other know if we have problems with this stuff, otherwise it's just speculation.

My Roxor couldn't even use a 5th gear until I got the new tune. I could uncomfortably cruise along the road in 4th gear at 2k rpm's and not be able to go any faster. Now, I have no idea what my top speed is, and I don't care. I do know that I can drive the speed limit on the road near my cabin, at 70 mph on my way to the trails!

Roxasuras

Roxasuras

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I did a full stage II from VR, I am very pleased with the performance and enhanced response. The sound is a bonus. From the research I've done there are several good options out there. Hope you find one and are happy with it. Post the results, I'm curious

C

Cshama

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I'm getting my KMS Stage 3 on Friday. I personally feel the spare ecu is valuable. Otherwise you're throwing away a 2 year warranty away.