Tune/flash

Roxasuras

Roxasuras

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I was worried about that in the beginning, but I have yet to run into any issues with that. :)

Tokarev

Tokarev

Roxor ECM Power Tuning with Speed Limiter - Rox Tuning

I haven't had a tune done yet but might use this fellow. He can simply delete the governor or do something that will bump up performance.

Whatever I have done I'll probably get the EGR code deleted while they are in there. I still have the EGR on my engine but I will probably ditch it one of these days.

Tinfoil Hat

Tinfoil Hat

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Hello everyone, I'm back again with another question about these tunes! When I spoke with the folks at KMS Performance, (Very nice people), I specifically asked them about the "EGR delete" on my tune as well. I was told that my tune would "eliminate the warning light associated with an EGR delete". Originally, I thought that by ordering a tune that included an EGR delete, the EGR system would stop working.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but as of today, it is my understanding that EGR delete, when specifically referring to a tune, will only give me the ability to do the actual EGR delete, (Install the plates and remove the EGR crap) and merely not throw a code. I was under the impression that the EGR system was something that can be turned on and off through a tune, so I wasn't going to install the EGR plates (which I bought here on the forum), until the warranty ran out. In my mind, I had already addressed the EGR problem with a tune. Apparently that's not the case? As of my understanding this morning, in order to turn off the EGR system I have to actually block it off. I can't turn it off with a tune, the tune only effects whether or not I get a check engine light. Do I have that right?

G

gpfred

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
im interested in this answer also---

V

Vetdawg

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I just installed the KMS stage 3 and absolutely love it. The power increase is amazing and it drives very well. Have to agree on keeping stock unit for warranty issues.

Skymarc

Skymarc

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Vetdawg, I bought the KMS stage 3 also and waiting for delivery. Does it trow out any black smoke from the exaust or its clean?
They told me 115hp so it must make a hell of a difference. Cant wait.

Tinfoil I believe you are right. Sensors must be deleted so you dont get a code when you remove the EGR.

I just installed the KMS stage 3 and absolutely love it. The power increase is amazing and it drives very well. Have to agree on keeping stock unit for warranty issues.

C

Cshama

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
My kms stage 3 is excellent. Changes the car completely.

J

Jamesc

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
My KMS Stage 3 should be arriving soon. I am looking forward to the improved driving experience. In the meantime I'm really enjoying this Roxor. In many ways it reminds me of my VW Thing from 45 years ago - easy to buy, all steel body, standard transmission, off-road purpose, military roots from WWII, no frills, easy to work on, minimum electronics, basic seats and interior. I still can recall removing the doors. flipping the roof back, folding the windshield flat and heading out. I think you get the picture.

Bailey

Bailey

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I did Diesel Freak stage 1. You keep the same factory ECM. So i like that. One of engineers I spoke with from Mahindra about this particular tune said it was safe for Roxor motor, clutch, etc. so I went that route. Stage 1 tune also provides rev limiter, too.

Tokarev

Tokarev

I did Diesel Freak stage 1. You keep the same factory ECM. So i like that. One of engineers I spoke with from Mahindra about this particular tune said it was safe for Roxor motor, clutch, etc. so I went that route. Stage 1 tune also provides rev limiter, too.
What's redline for the little diesel?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Tinfoil Hat

Tinfoil Hat

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Vetdawg, I bought the KMS stage 3 also and waiting for delivery. Does it trow out any black smoke from the exaust or its clean?
They told me 115hp so it must make a hell of a difference. Cant wait.

Tinfoil I believe you are right. Sensors must be deleted so you dont get a code when you remove the EGR.
Yes, unfortunately this thing rolls coal, but I expect that they all do that with a tune.

V

Vetdawg

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Skymarc my KMS stage 3 does not smoke at all. It runs perfectly and power is awesome. I did not do any other engine mods only the ECU. I could not be happier

J

Jamesc

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I too run the KMS Stage 3. I have not noticed excessive smoke. Strong pulling power is evident. Drivability is good with only a brief roughness when I first start it up. That goes away in a second or two and I don't experience it on the remaining starts that day. The increased fun factor of the driving experience is worth the cost and minor installation effort.