ooooooooooo

Tune/flash

Lwhite5

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Looking for some input on what tune to buy, I have been looking at RXR, VR, and few others. What are your thoughts on the best tunes?

pejo0501

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I technically have owned my Roxor for more then a month now but I haven’t seen it or driven it yet it is stuck in North Michigan waiting for its new vin and title before I pick it up. I was told my dealer that I should be able to go at least 90 if not higher. It should be I told my dealership to do that. Tune is the 2.0

Rick

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I went with Vivid out of Gilbert AZ. Stage 1 with the EGR delete. The guys there were great to work with, answered all my questions and even went out of their way to get it back to me. 800 miles on the new program and zero problems

RCF

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I don’t know top speed but I’ve had it at 75 mph and I do have her deleted

gpfred

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
i went with vivid got stage 1 because i didnt want two stress clutch. drove it a week and sent it back for stage 2 ---- its perfect --- got the delete also --- top end 75 but cruises nice at 57 to 62 ive got 2000 miles on mine not a single issue

Cshama

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
i went with vivid got stage 1 because i didnt want two stress clutch. drove it a week and sent it back for stage 2 ---- its perfect --- got the delete also --- top end 75 but cruises nice at 57 to 62 ive got 2000 miles on mine not a single issue

Do you feel that it is in fact stressing the clutch?

I just ordered a stage 3 (equivalent to stage 2 everywhere else) from KMS and my only real concern is that I'm keeping the stock clutch.

pejo0501

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #

I just ordered a stage 3 (equivalent to stage 2 everywhere else) from KMS and my only real concern is that I'm keeping the stock clutch.
Your clutch will wear out quick. Diesel freak told me that if I am going to a stage 2 that they wanted me to upgrade my clutch before I started driving with the new tune

Lwhite5

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #

What is the top speed with KMS stage 3?

gpfred

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
i dont feel i have any issues --- im not dumping the clutch or hot rodding-- why upgrade for something that may never happen---

Tinfoil Hat

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Hi all,
I went with the KMS tune as well. I liked the idea of having the stock ECM to fall back on if I ever needed it. I ordered the stage 2 (apparently they don't have a stage 2 anymore, but they did when I ordered it!), but I received a stage 3 about 115HP. For those wondering, the difference when driving is...well... unbelievable... If you take delivery of the Roxor with a tune already installed, you won't ever know the difference. If you drive a stock Roxor and then install the tune, it's night and day difference. Way back in high school I had 2 friends that owned firebirds, one had a V6, the other had a V8. These Roxor tunes basically take you from a V6 experience, (it looks cool and it'll get you where you want to go) to a V8 experience (Wow this is pretty fast). I've only got about 50 miles on it since installing the tune, so I can't comment on longevity, only the instant HP increase once I took it for a drive.

I asked KMS specifically about the clutch issue and the toll that the new tune might take on the engine, and they said that they have not had anyone inform them of any problems either way. I'm not saying that there won't be, I'm just letting you know what they told me when I specifically asked about these issues. I guess we are pioneers here, we have to let each other know if we have problems with this stuff, otherwise it's just speculation.

My Roxor couldn't even use a 5th gear until I got the new tune. I could uncomfortably cruise along the road in 4th gear at 2k rpm's and not be able to go any faster. Now, I have no idea what my top speed is, and I don't care. I do know that I can drive the speed limit on the road near my cabin, at 70 mph on my way to the trails!

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I did a full stage II from VR, I am very pleased with the performance and enhanced response. The sound is a bonus. From the research I've done there are several good options out there. Hope you find one and are happy with it. Post the results, I'm curious

Cshama

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I'm getting my KMS Stage 3 on Friday. I personally feel the spare ecu is valuable. Otherwise you're throwing away a 2 year warranty away.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I was worried about that in the beginning, but I have yet to run into any issues with that. :)

Tokarev

Roxor ECM Power Tuning with Speed Limiter - Rox Tuning

I haven't had a tune done yet but might use this fellow. He can simply delete the governor or do something that will bump up performance.

Whatever I have done I'll probably get the EGR code deleted while they are in there. I still have the EGR on my engine but I will probably ditch it one of these days.

Tinfoil Hat

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Hello everyone, I'm back again with another question about these tunes! When I spoke with the folks at KMS Performance, (Very nice people), I specifically asked them about the "EGR delete" on my tune as well. I was told that my tune would "eliminate the warning light associated with an EGR delete". Originally, I thought that by ordering a tune that included an EGR delete, the EGR system would stop working.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but as of today, it is my understanding that EGR delete, when specifically referring to a tune, will only give me the ability to do the actual EGR delete, (Install the plates and remove the EGR crap) and merely not throw a code. I was under the impression that the EGR system was something that can be turned on and off through a tune, so I wasn't going to install the EGR plates (which I bought here on the forum), until the warranty ran out. In my mind, I had already addressed the EGR problem with a tune. Apparently that's not the case? As of my understanding this morning, in order to turn off the EGR system I have to actually block it off. I can't turn it off with a tune, the tune only effects whether or not I get a check engine light. Do I have that right?