ooooooooooo

Tune - how to know?

Richard211

Roxor Ownership
Do not own
Some of the Launch scantools are able to delete the speed limiter, its a common mod done in India on the Mahindra Bolero Pickup, which has the speed limiter set at 80 kph or 50 MPH (Commercial Vehicles are supposed to have speed limiters in India). These engines have been around for a long while and were available with mechanical fuel injection pump with power ratings of 58 HP for the NA 2.5L engines and 63 HP for the 2.5L engines with a mechanical fuel injection pump and a turbocharger. Mahindra also offers a couple of long stroke variations as 2.7L and a 3.0L engines. Bosch supplied the inline and the rotary fuel injection pumps.

Gabe

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
On the 2024 stock units it just seems like there is little to no power once it gets to around 50 mph from what I witnessed on my test drive. I am guessing this has more to do with the gear ratio and engine rpm more than anything.

Richard211

Roxor Ownership
Do not own
On the Mahindra pick up with axle ratios of 4.3:1 and the speed limiter removed they can do around 120 KPH or 74MPH with the 2.5L stock engine.

Hummingbird Ranch

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Richard,

I have several different scan tools that can talk to most ECMs and the Mahindra 2.5L engines in the Roxors, however, they are unable to communicate with the 2.7L ECM in the 2023 and up Roxors. Do you have any insight?

Richard211

Roxor Ownership
Do not own
Richard,

I have several different scan tools that can talk to most ECMs and the Mahindra 2.5L engines in the Roxors, however, they are unable to communicate with the 2.7L ECM in the 2023 and up Roxors. Do you have any insight?

I am not sure what the reason for communication issues with the Roxor 2.7 ECU's is, because I would have thought basic OBD 2 diagnostics functions should be easily accessible as a requirement for emissions testing / compliance.

Would you happen to know if the models with communication issues were manufactured after March 2023 and were they using Delphi ECU's instead of the Bosch ECU's?

Hummingbird Ranch

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Don't know which ECU, but I have not found anyone that has successfully communicated with the 2.7L ECU. Not even basic OBD 2.

Bob R1

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
You would think that a Roxor Shop/Garage would have a scan tool to check one with.
Next time I am at the dealer, I will ask about scanning a new Roxor. I was in the garage last week. They had a shop full of tractors. Not a Roxor to be found.

Bob R

Richard211

Roxor Ownership
Do not own
It would be interesting to know if the North American dealerships are using the i smart software for diagnostic work and what software version they have. The new i smart software that's being sold here in India is compatible with 2024 vehicles as well. If we are able to get some part numbers off the 2023 / 2024 ECU's, I could run them past the scan tool dealers to find out what would work.

Gabe

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
That is plenty speed! Thanks for Posting. Yours has the 5.38 gears ? Correct?

Sasquatch

Supporting Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
That is plenty speed! Thanks for Posting. Yours has the 5.38 gears ? Correct?
Yes, stock 5.38 gears, but 285/65 R18 tires.

According to the manual, between 2000 - 3500 is ideal RPMs for this engine.