ooooooooooo

Temp Gauge Add-On

WoodLot

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I recently added a temp gauge just to try and catch any heating issues with the non-shrouded fan design. I planned to use a mechanical and tap into the T-Stat housing but unfortunately found the port too small so I went electric. For those who might consider this little add-on the port is M12 x 1.5. I've attached pic of the plug and the installed SU. Incidentally I went with a "Dakota Digital" digital readout gauge and their SU.

IMG_0874.JPGIMG_0875.JPG

WoodLot

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Mounted to bottom rolled edge of dash plate with single gauge mount, don't plan on any others so that worked for me. I did shim the gauge mount a bit so as to angle the lower edge upward for better view angle. A poor quality pic is attached, doesn't really reflect the angle but it is easily viewable. There is so much room on the dash plate multiple gauges could be easily flush mounted in the plate, I just didn't want to take a hole saw to it for one temp gauge.

IMG_0876.JPG

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Nice setup. I can see fuel pressure, boost, egt and temp.

WoodLot

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Yep, I resisted that urge, for now, really just wanted to watch the temp. The open fan design was a concern for me when moving slow in the woods but as it turns out the cooling system is quite stable.

Rolandwanders

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The old Willys era had a setup just like the Roxor. eFans are nice but gimmie old school. If these motors rev'd higher, it'd prolly be a decent swap.

TacoJon

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I was thinking about just adding a ScanGuage to mine. Have one on my Tacoma and love it.

WoodLot

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I was thinking about just adding a ScanGuage to mine. Have one on my Tacoma and love it.

I had a used and dated ScanGaugeII in the shop and installed it this week, works great. Got my OBD adapter from OBD Diagnostics in CA. There's a forum member JMB3 that has a link on here for a great write up with all the details on moving the required OBD adapter pins, super simple.

Eyellgeteven

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
That is one gauge I really wish it had stock...it would be nice to have a full set of gauges, but an engine temp gauge is most important IMO. I need to put one in just for piece of mind.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I put the scan gauge, and I love it. I like knowing the WT in some numerical or rating manner, and you cant go wrong with Dakota Digital. Nice addition Woodlot

20190907_165002.jpg

WoodLot

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I put the scan gauge, and I love it. I like knowing the WT in some numerical or rating manner, and you cant go wrong with Dakota Digital. Nice addition Woodlot

View attachment 4731

Thx Roxasuras, I have since replaced the scan g with a Banks I-Dash Super Gauge, like it way better but a little pricey and much smarter than the Roxor and this operator

Eyellgeteven

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
So how waterproof are these digital gauges? I like the idea of all that info, but both brands of digital gauge kind of take away from the vintage utilitarian looks IMO, even though the factory gauge kind of does that a little bit anyway.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I agree, I think it does also, but the advantage out weighted the negatives IMO, Not sure about the others, but the Scan Gauge II I have unplugs, si I can easily unplug it and tuck the cord away.