ooooooooooo

Temp Gauge Add-On

oldgreybull

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I used a punch to make a pilot hole and the a circle carbide bit. Be careful the top part is pretty thick.
I found these on the Dakota website. I looks like they have M12 X 1.5 sending unit but it's a little pricey. Would this solve the problem though without having to drill anything? Just replace the bolt and connect the wire to the grounded gage?
I attached a the listing of their metric sending units that might be useful for other applications.

Water/Oil/Trans Temperature Sender

Woodsman74881

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Figure where you want to put the gauge in. Put blue masking tape on dash to protect it. Mark the center of where you want to put your gauge. Use center punch to mark. Drill a 1/4 pilot hole for hole saw. If a standard gauge, use recommended hole saw with arbor and pilot bit and cut hole. Done.

Woodsman74881

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I see. I bought the adapter. Stainless steel. Had to use a drill bit to ream hole a little to accept sending unit.

Woodsman74881

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Bought it on amazon. 7DEC2A3A-84DE-4558-8B7C-59FE3F38F22B.pngYou can also buy a brass one, but I question the strength. Especially if you have to drill it out a little.

Haerterich

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Bought it on amazon. View attachment 6872You can also buy a brass one, but I question the strength. Especially if you have to drill it out a little.
Getting ready to do the fan, question, where are you installing the sensor and what thread is the sensor? I am confused now because i read that the plug in the thermostat housing was a M12x1.5 thread. plan to put the sensor right inlace of the plug.

Togo

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
You can buy the thermostat and oil adapters from diesel freaks. Would link but I’m on my cell phone.

Spanky

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Does anyone think their cruise control kit SKU: CRS-3000 would work with our Roxors?

oldgreybull

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I followed what others above did (WoodLot, Roxasuras) and stalled the temp gauge. So far I've never found any indications of high temp so not sure why I would need the shroud.

temp gauge 1.jpg

Togo

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I followed what others above did (WoodLot, Roxasuras) and stalled the temp gauge. So far I've never found any indications of high temp so not sure why I would need the shroud.

View attachment 7141
You probably don’t.
I just added it because it was cheap and easy. I sorta feel it will be better for my engine in the long run. It gets hot down here in mid summer. I’m pretty sure my engine is running a bit cooler in all this heat.
Im no mechanic so who knows.

oldgreybull

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
On the other hand Mtroxor has a point - the shroud should provide some protection for the radiator which is pretty exposed. It might be a cost effective precaution, like the oil pan skid plate for example.
The price is reasonable and it sounds like the installation is straightforward - huh, why not!

OL' Gringo

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I used the diesel freaks gauge set. Needed to know oil psi and eng temp. Very happy with the gauge set.
Nice install. Made center console harbor freight Pictor gun case fits perfect between the seats.

image.jpg

Ridem32

I felt like it could work since it's throttle by wire. Or am I missing something?

Roxor is TBW meaning no cable. That kit seems to use the old style throttle cable. Don’t think it will work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk