ooooooooooo

Temp Gauge Add-On

WoodLot

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I agree, I think it does also, but the advantage out weighted the negatives IMO, Not sure about the others, but the Scan Gauge II I have unplugs, si I can easily unplug it and tuck the cord away.

I would not call any of my gauges anywhere near water proof, esp the way water pours into my Rxr during rain, so I just cover them to deflect it.

Having run both the scan gauge and the banks, if I was to do it again I'd go old school mechanical type SW gauges in OP, WT and DCV, vert dash mount on RH side of Factory meter, they look great there.

Another gauge I am running I didn't mention is exhaust temp, tapped in the rear EGR plate, pretty good indicator to have.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Yes, I have added that and a boost gauge to monitor the turbo

Eyellgeteven

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I would not call any of my gauges anywhere near water proof, esp the way water pours into my Rxr during rain, so I just cover them to deflect it.

Having run both the scan gauge and the banks, if I was to do it again I'd go old school mechanical type SW gauges in OP, WT and DCV, vert dash mount on RH side of Factory meter, they look great there.

Another gauge I am running I didn't mention is exhaust temp, tapped in the rear EGR plate, pretty good indicator to have.
I think I will put in some liquid filled SW gauges in at some point...can't go wrong with those.

WoodLot

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Yes, I have added that and a boost gauge to monitor the turbo

The Banks will read everything coming off the ECU and whatever a customer wants to tap with their sensors but man it is way too smart and costly for my simple Roxor. Cheaper to do a stand alone pyro than buy their sensor. So now I have classic mix/match bunch off meters I have to cover in the rain. Oh well

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
You can get a fan shroud as an accessory from Mahindra for these. The shroud only comes standard if the Roxor has an automatic transmission or air conditioning.

Mtroxor

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I definitely want to get that shroud ordered. Not for cooling, but to protect the radiator. I can't be the only one that is having problems with large weed stems finding their way into the engine compartment between the fan and radiator then beating the crap out of the fins. It should be standard on all of them!

Mtroxor

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Can anyone confirm this is the correct part number?
Screenshot_20200503-112907_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Screenshot_20200503-112907_DuckDuckGo.jpg

MAVROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner

Mtroxor

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
This is the link. It's through roxor, but you order it to your dealer I guess? I have not tried this yet, so maybe the dealer will still want to put on their mark up. But knowing cost could still be a chip to have them give me a deal. Say $110 instead of 130 maybe

MAVROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
This is the link. It's through roxor, but you order it to your dealer I guess? I have not tried this yet, so maybe the dealer will still want to put on their mark up. But knowing cost could still be a chip to have them give me a deal. Say $110 instead of 130 maybe

I just followed the link and it shows $132.00!?

Togo

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I just put the new shroud on my Roxor. It was pretty simple to do.
I received my shroud to day. Took about an hour. I feel better about this “accessory “ than anything else I’ve done. It is difficult for me to understand why this isn’t standard equipment.
My diesel tractor doesn’t have a shroud and you have to watch it constantly for over heating.

Last edited:

BOGGER

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I received my shroud to day. Took about an hour. I feel better about this “accessor“ than anything else I’ve done. It is difficult for me to understand why this isn’t standard equipment.
My diesel tractor doesn’t have a shroud and you have to watch it constantly for over heating.

oldgreybull

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I recently added a temp gauge just to try and catch any heating issues with the non-shrouded fan design. I planned to use a mechanical and tap into the T-Stat housing but unfortunately found the port too small so I went electric. For those who might consider this little add-on the port is M12 x 1.5. I've attached pic of the plug and the installed SU. Incidentally I went with a "Dakota Digital" digital readout gauge and their SU.

View attachment 710View attachment 711
For the mechanically challenged- like me - what kind of adapter do I need to install the Dakota sending unit in the M12x1.5 port?

Togo

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
How would y’all recommend cutting a hole in the dash for these gauges?
I'm thinking about using a carbide tipped hole saw.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I used a punch to make a pilot hole and the a circle carbide bit. Be careful the top part is pretty thick.