ooooooooooo

RPM Sweet Spot

us17094

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have only ever owned diesel cars - never a truck and want some advice from the forum members on the best RPM range for the Roxor. Note that I have the stock ECU.

I have the impression I am probably letting it rev too high when driving on paved roads. I just feel like it lugs a fair bit in higher gears going up hills. But perhaps this is mistaken impression.

BoxofRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
This is just me, but I like to cruise on pavement at 1800-2000 RPMs. When I come up to a hill I downshift by the time it gets to around 1600. This is with my stock ECU, I plan very soon to get it tuned and fully expect that to change, hopefully a lot.

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Peak torque is from 1400-2200RPM. 1600-1800 is where I keep mine. I also live around a lot of hills.

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
:-(
I have only ever owned diesel cars - never a truck and want some advice from the forum members on the best RPM range for the Roxor. Note that I have the stock ECU.

I have the impression I am probably letting it rev too high when driving on paved roads. I just feel like it lugs a fair bit in higher gears going up hills. But perhaps this is mistaken impression.
Hello us17094,

I currently have a stage 1 tune for the very reasons you mention. Before the tune I would run 40 mph in 3 red or 4th gear. The only time I ever used 5th was on a down hill stretch. I had the OEM 45 mph limiter. Mine struggled to pull a mild hill in 4th and be able to maintain 40 mph.

The tune changed my world for the better. I now lug around on flat ground in 5th gear as slow as 40 mph at like 1200 rpm. I have been driving on the streets more lately and usually stay in 4th gear etween 40-50 mph and I think it's around 1800 at 45 mph.

The tune wakes it up for sure. I did 2 days in Colorado in mostly low range in 2nd and 3rd gear. It would pull at no throttle up inclines like a mule. A few times I lugged it to much and it still trudged through but would blow some awesome black smoke rings! Lol.

If you can swing it, get a stage 1 tune. It's worth it.

BDRAG