ooooooooooo

Maximum never exceed RPM??

TomRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I am running snow tracks on my Roxor
The way it works is I need to pick lower a gear and run with it in the deep snow, cant really shift on the fly as the machine stops once the clutch is depressed while hill climbing in deep snow

I need to run in Low Range and long story short I or my son seem to get the rev’s way up

3600+ rpm at times to get thru deep snow or up a steep hill

I have a fair amount of experience with Cummins where the injection runs out prior to hitting the never exceed RPM

Is it the same here with Mahindra? The Coal Smoke does start to pour out at high rpm, indicating, at least to me, that the turbo is max’d and not putting in enough air

I have a stage 2 diesel freak tune

Anybody hear of an engine spinning a bearing or losing a connecting rod from too many revs?

How high are these engines rev’d on Dyno runs?

Google Roxor RubiTracks to see what we are up to

TomRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Well the Thar 2.5L redline in 5,000rpm
Peak power at 3800rpm
The magazine article states the power drops off after 4000rpm in the Thar

For us Roxor guys, peak power is at 3200rpm
I found a Dyno report that shows the power drops off at 4000rpm with strong power to 3500rpm

Looking at other small displacement diesels 5000rpm seems to be the magic number

Lebers driven

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
If you’re running RPM like that, maybe consider the RX 41 turbo upgrade so that you can feed enough air up top. The factory turbo really falls on its face pretty quickly.

Lebers driven

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I think it was a YouTube short, but I saw a video of Wade from Diesel freak testing the rev range and he was bouncing it at 5000 shooting flames out, he would definitely be the guy to ask but his answer will probably be you’re not making any power up there Anyway. Have you tried starting in a higher gear, but still in low range, just working the clutch to get started so that way you will have more wheel speed with a little less RPM.

Lebers driven

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Yes. Turbo, intercooler (dt intercooler comes with their intake hood down), egr plates (because the egr would make it smell like a mix of soot and coolant), electric radiator fan conversion, and DF stage 2 with 750rpm idle for crawling

TomRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
How does it run after all that?
You have me thinking about it

Lebers driven

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
How does it run after all that?
You have me thinking about it
so I initially purchased a stage one tune from Diesel freak that way when I put all the parts on, I wouldn’t have a check engine light from the EGR. I got to drive the Mahindra for about a week before I took it to a shop to have all of the parts thrown on. The stage one tune compared to factory was night and day. The throttle response was better, and it felt like it actually wanted to move, but the factory turbo wouldn’t keep up after that Initial jump from putting your foot on the throttle. Granted, I did not mess with a boost increase valve, since I knew I was putting on the other turbo.
Then all the parts got put on. Lean into the throttle again and now it feels like it pulls like a 5.9 cummins or something. You don’t run out of air with the upgraded turbo especially with how slowly I typically am operating it. In a few times I have been able to open it up, the Mahindra just keeps pulling the whole time so there is a major difference between the upgraded turbo and the factory one.
Then I want to slow down my rig since it’s on 35s so I sent my ECM back to Wade to have my idle reduced to 750 RPM and since it was already there I upgraded to the stage two tune. Stage one tune was definitely smoother, but stage two is a little more rowdy. This is just a guess but I bet a stage one tune with all of the parts feels better than a stage two tune with just a boost increase valve.
When I’m idling around, doing my rock crawling, the turbo typically just chirping at me, but once you’re anywhere above idle, giving it just about any amount of throttle, the turbo still comes to life pretty easily, but there is just a tiny amount more lag compared to the factory unit. With all the torque these little engines make plus the gearing it’s nothing that has been an issue though. I hit Rockwall and ledges while idling, and it is very rare that my rig stalls out.
Hope this helps
My Instagram is Lebers_driven if you want to see it

TomRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
After further testing the highest RPM my engine will spin is 3950rpm by a rev limiter

With 33”s That sets my all out top speed at 90mph even LOL