ooooooooooo

Missing, running rough at low rpm after getting in deep saltwater.

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
The MAP sensor calculates the air-fuel mixture based on the air pressure in the intake manifold. You said strong diesel smell this could cause that.
Diagnosing the MAP sensor is quite easy with a diagnostic tool since you can check the pressure it shows when the engine is off, which should be the same pressure as our air pressure. I'm looking forward to this head scratcher to be solved

Last edited:

Gene Trask

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Ok, right at the intake there is something that has positive and ground hooked to it. I thought that might have been a heating element. Is that the mas airflow?
What came up as a map sensore is just before the egr valve after the turbo.

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I just read your post again. Did you check if you got water in the fuel?
White smoke usually means water from a cracked head. I didn't read anything in you post that points at a cracked head. Maybe water?
The Roxor (like other diesels) has a sensor that senses water in the fuel.
I have an excavator that will run great, the stutter and shut off as if it is out of fuel. After a few seconds, I can start the engine again. Every time I have that issue, it is water in the fuel. Just the moisture in the air will accumlate over time and cause issues. I drain the water separator and the machine runs smooth again.
My point: a few ounces of water in the fuel can wreak havoc.

Gene Trask

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
It loads slow sometimes, try again a give it a few minutes. You can get into the full diagrams, I don’t know if it will help though.

fyi. You have to click on the Roxor emblem then.
Parts Catalog|ROXOR Offroad
Thank you, I was able to get that this morning.
Confirms that the air sensor is the one on top, and the thing next to the intake is a heater.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I Will try that again just to be sure

The tank has a drain plug. You could either check fuel at filter or pop the plug. If you do drain at the tank catch it in a clear container so you can see the water if it’s there. I believe the filter also has a drain on it as well. If you choose to check it there pop the fuel lines and electrical then remove the filter assembly so it’s easier to drain in a clear container.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gene Trask

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have been gone for a couple of weeks, thought I would get back at it...

Ok.... I really feel stupid now!
When you said it was a head scratcher, that meant something wasn't adding up. And you were right.
Gasoline instead of diesel.
We live in a rural part of honduras. Our fuel comes off the big boat in barrels. I ASSUMED that if it said. Diesel it was. Won't do that again. In 6 years that was the first time. But once is enough, I hope.
When I went to drain the tank to see if there was water, I knew right off what had happened.
Thank you to all of you who scratched your head and tried to figure it out for me.
I drained tank, filter, and lines. Ran fuel through them.
Would sea foam be good to run through it or just leave it be?

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
My dad did the opposite on my polaris ranger at the deer lease. He has a Kubota utv that’s diesel. So he put diesel in my ranger Nit thinking about it being gas. Drained the tank added gas then cycled key while injector lines were looses till gas came out. Then fired it up. Ran rough but it cleared out after about 30 seconds. I’m sure you’ll be fine Without seafoam. It’s not really needed but it won’t hurt either.

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I would lookup on google what mechanics recommend in your situation.

I'm not a fan of fuel additives, but it could not hurt to add some Diesel Kleen or any anti gel agent you can find. I'm talking about the stuff you put in your tank before extremely cold temps hit. Besides keeping diesel from geling in extreme cold temperatures, it adds lubrication (pump, injectors).

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Just think now your more advanced mechanically on your roxor now.