ooooooooooo

Roxor jeep build

IppoJ

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Right. Obviously its not exactly legal. But at what point of swapping parts does the car become a different Vin. ...
Legality here depends on the state. eg, Nebraska has very clear guidelines on what constitutes legal in this case. I believe NE DMV states "a major component such as the engine, rear 1/4 panel, front clip..."

Jattz

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Can we get these Rims and Tire here in US?

product-500x500.jpeg

tcxtreme

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Got a few things done this week. Started welding the body back together. new 2.5 inch exhaust is in. Pedal assembly is mocked up and both the clutch and brake master cylinders are mounted. Modded the grill to fit the Willys radiator and ordered a bunch more parts. Lights and blinkers are on the way, Winch and Warn winch plate, Front and rear bumpers will get built soon, finish the floors and bracing and figure out the gauges. It should be ready for paint soon.

20181222_135630.jpg 20181222_151241.jpg 20181222_180410.jpg 20181222_181649.jpg 20181222_200007.jpg 20181223_140710.jpg 20181223_144335.jpg 20181223_155708.jpg 20181223_165708.jpg 20181223_171422.jpg

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I looked over your project and all I can say is WOW. I can see you've had to cut and extend the cab because of the longer wb which means it's time for custom doors. I really hope it works out for you. Keep us posted.

tcxtreme

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I looked over your project and all I can say is WOW. I can see you've had to cut and extend the cab because of the longer wb which means it's time for custom doors. I really hope it works out for you. Keep us posted.

It will probably never have doors. It will be spending its time in AZ and summers in michigan. So just bikini top. But a soft door or tube door is easy to make.

XXX

Do you guys think a CJ7 body would fit with less modification? I don't care about street legal, I live in rural Ga and drive my can am Maverick to the gas station and beer cave and the sheriff just waves, never drive it on the road after drinking, I think the local law enforcement appreciates that more than worrying about "street legal". It is fully insured and the speed limit is 45, I also have a dune whip flag just cause it is awesome. That being said a CJ7 body that I can put a hard top and doors on with the Roxor drivetrain would be awesomeness!

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Do you guys think a CJ7 body would fit with less modification? I don't care about street legal, I live in rural Ga and drive my can am Maverick to the gas station and beer cave and the sheriff just waves, never drive it on the road after drinking, I think the local law enforcement appreciates that more than worrying about "street legal". It is fully insured and the speed limit is 45, I also have a dune whip flag just cause it is awesome. That being said a CJ7 body that I can put a hard top and doors on with the Roxor drivetrain would be awesomeness!

Several sites have measured and said the roxor is most like the cj7. However, I intend to just wait for a while. The roxors are selling well so I'm sure it'll just be a mater of time before rampage or some other top manufacturer comes out with a cab enclosure kit with doors and a boxes rear end. That will be a lot easier to install compared to swapping the body.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
NICE touch on the Roxor speedo!

tuskermedic25

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Question about the CJ3-A, If measuring for top Bow Assembly is the width 60 or 62 inches?
On a side note according to the Roxor specs sheet, its width is suppose to be 62inches, but 59 and a quarter is what I got.
Are they almost identical? I saw in some your pics the tire stick out a little, meaning the Willys is narrower?

tcxtreme

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Question about the CJ3-A, If measuring for top Bow Assembly is the width 60 or 62 inches?
On a side note according to the Roxor specs sheet, its width is suppose to be 62inches, but 59 and a quarter is what I got.
Are they almost identical? I saw in some your pics the tire stick out a little, meaning the Willys is narrower?
I will have to measure again but I think the 55 inch cj5 top is a popular one to fit the the willys. And where did the measure that width. bare tub? at the fender? either way it is a little skinnier