ooooooooooo

Roxor jeep build

tcxtreme

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I was gonna do the same in the beggining, then I found Dirt Legal. They can make it street legal with the government. I just feel a little safer that way rather than have swapped vin tags. Here in illinois that swapped vins be a nightmare, you get some inquisitive cop pull you over and this state will bury you for years in legal tape and fines. And chances are you will never see your ROXOR again.

Dirt legal won't do Michigan.

Djrmt406

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The test comes calling for me, NOW. I dragged ( trailered) mine to SW Texas. So far it still sits on the trailer awaiting places to use it, which I am finding are few and far away. I am street Legal with Montana plates willing to brave some local rds on the way to the trails.........which do not exist for public use, not sure what I will do now for the winter !
RiderPlanet USA
This is a great site to find areas to ride, it won’t help with the roads but it’ll find some good trails to ride.

Woodsman74881

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Being in Texas, you should be able to find plenty of farmers or ranchers that have lots of land. Befriend one of these folks, trade some labor for some place to ride. I did that in OK with firewood and electrical work. I now have access to 35000 acres to drive around on. (On approved roads of course) Also, if you tell a farmer as your out driving you'll pick up trash and fix fence or whatever they need while your out. (For Free) you might win over someone that way as well to let you drive around. I've even counted range cows for a farmer for permission to hunt antelope once. There are some good options. There are some cool places in Texas!

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
No doubt wheeling goes everywhere except , we’ll mayb New York City ! The problem is always lack of local knowledge which is hard to get if you are new in town. I went to all the ATV,UTV dealers around here. When confronted about places to ride all I was told was “ we sell to ranchers , prices start at 24,000 , by the way those Roxors were shut down by Jeep. We have a dealer in town ,got three of em, no buyers “ ......I have come to the conclusion asking for local info is like asking a fisherman where to go for good fishing. ......I did get some help from the Roxor dealer who printed out a flyer for “ adventure park places” . Closest one is 45 miles away, starting to look good considering !

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Being in Texas, you should be able to find plenty of farmers or ranchers that have lots of land. Befriend one of these folks, trade some labor for some place to ride. I did that in OK with firewood and electrical work. I now have access to 35000 acres to drive around on. (On approved roads of course) Also, if you tell a farmer as your out driving you'll pick up trash and fix fence or whatever they need while your out. (For Free) you might win over someone that way as well to let you drive around. I've even counted range cows for a farmer for permission to hunt antelope once. There are some good options. There are some cool places in Texas!

Texas is a big state that for the most part all land is priverly owned and off limits to 4 wheelers.Far West Texas can be an exception, around the Big Bend area, very remote and 400 miles from the Hill Country.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I am in Kerrville...RV resort. I noticed there are 2 parks in Marble Falls, about 40 miles away.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
What part of Texas are you in Darstar? Texas is about 99% private land. Even far west Texas is virtually nothing to ride on.

http://www.hiddenfallsadventurepark.com/
Katemcy Rocks
https://www.wolfcaves.com/
Barnwell Mountain Recreation Area
There’s more places but these are the main ones that stick out to me. Most of the others are in east Texas and are primarily mud parks.
I see Wolf Caves is even closer. Question is in Texas what is a Roxor? UTV or as in Jeep field ? I see some parks do not allow UTVs or side by sides as they are known most places. Seems to me the Rox is,size wise a Jeep.?

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Don’t worry about sxs classification at the private parks. Many folks have custom built buggies or 4x4s with no title and aren’t street legal. The parks will just treat you the same as them.

I hunt just east of you outside of comfort. Next week I’m taking the roxor out there for the first time.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Don’t worry about sxs classification at the private parks. Many folks have custom built buggies or 4x4s with no title and aren’t street legal. The parks will just treat you the same as them.

I hunt just east of you outside of comfort. Next week I’m taking the roxor out there for the first time.
I started thinking when I read the words “ no UTV allowed “ at the Wolf Caves site....... are you trailering or driving ?

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
They just don’t want Rzrs and such cause the trails are too extreme for them and/or the go fast aspect of the drivers.

I’m trailering out there. Too far to be legal to drive Plus it’s winter. Too cold with no heater and doors at road speed that distance. I’m about 2.5-3 hours away.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
They just don’t want Rzrs and such cause the trails are too extreme for them and/or the go fast aspect of the drivers.

I’m trailering out there. Too far to be legal to drive Plus it’s winter. Too cold with no heater and doors at road speed that distance. I’m about 2.5-3 hours away.

I understand fully , recent experence had me strapped into a Textron Havoc in summer heat,eardrum busting reports and my dog expressing extreme discomfort, let alone the wife..........I quickly traded it in before the ink was dry, for the orange Rox...and nevered looked back !

tcxtreme

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Got a few things torn down and started test fitting the new body. It's going to take some massaging.

20181217_092201.jpg 20181217_175615.jpg 20181217_175630.jpg 20181217_183221.jpg 20181217_183720.jpg

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Neat work. It'd be cool to see a company make a bolt up flatty style body that keeps the mounts, uses flatty hood, grill, fenders, and blurs the lines out back to make the look work. As usual though. getting a top would be a pain/custom job.

1930modelA

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Good to here that the hood will clear. If it did not a cj3b body would have been an option. When you set the hood on, with the grill where it is in your last picture, I expect that it will be short due to 80" v 96' wheelbase differences, much like when people try putting cj3a/b bodies onto CJs or later chassis. Can you add a picture with the hood mocked in place and give measurements? The rear wheel and overhang seem to be good by what I can see from the pictures. If the difference in wheelbase (80 v 96) is taken care of in front, then a cj3a soft or hard top could be used, which would really help. It is great to see this happening. If we can get a rolling chassis with engine and drive train from Mahindra/Roxer, this could become a very popular body swap.

tcxtreme

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
3B body is not the look he wants. The difference in wheel base will be taken care of by a 12 inch stretch. This not only fixes the length but makes the willys better for tall people as he is 6'6". Now the wheel wells will not need to be modded. Firewall will not have to be cut and clearance is good.

20181220_201727.jpg 20181220_211613.jpg 20181220_211631.jpg 20181220_211655.jpg 20181220_211937.jpg