ooooooooooo

Roxar AT Automatic Transmission Fluid

J.R.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Bought new 2019 Roxar AT about a year ago with automatic transmission.. What type automatic transmission fluid do I use? Are there any compatible brand name fluids than the GL-4-SAE 80W90 listed in the manual? I suspect this may be for manual transmission??? The folks at O'Reilly didn't know..Its a 180mi round trip to the dealer I bought from..I would like to order online maybe Amazon. TIA

B

Bister

Why do you need fluid?

It will not be the same fluid as a manual, that's for sure.

In the manual it says that transmission is serviced for life. That kind of makes a person wonder. lol

Screen Shot 2021-02-10 at 2.54.01 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-02-10 at 2.54.27 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-02-10 at 2.54.01 PM.png Screen Shot 2021-02-10 at 2.54.27 PM.png

Last edited by a moderator:

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Bought new 2019 Roxar AT about a year ago with automatic transmission.. What type automatic transmission fluid do I use? Are there any compatible brand name fluids than the GL-4-SAE 80W90 listed in the manual? I suspect this may be for manual transmission??? The folks at O'Reilly didn't know..Its a 180mi round trip to the dealer I bought from..I would like to order online maybe Amazon. TIA
If you want a very good synthetic that out performs Dex VI I can hook u up at my cost. I wouldn't use Dex if it was free

J.R.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Yep
Why do you need fluid?

It will not be the same fluid as a manual, that's for sure.

In the manual it says that transmission is serviced for life. That kind of makes a person wonder. lol

View attachment 8633View attachment 8634

View attachment 8633 View attachment 8634
Yep..but the service department where I bought it apparently did NOT perform new vehicle service check when I bought it.? Dip stick barely shows any transmission fluid at all..Took it out for about a 10 mile run when transmission started making noise..checked and found very low..Now to find some comparable automatic transmission fluid to fill it up..

B

Bister

Yep
Yep..but the service department where I bought it apparently did NOT perform new vehicle service check when I bought it.? Dip stick barely shows any transmission fluid at all..Took it out for about a 10 mile run when transmission started making noise..checked and found very low..Now to find some comparable automatic transmission fluid to fill it up..
Ok.

I never looked at one with an automatic. I thought I saw somewhere that they didn't have a dipstick and had to be checked just by using the plug in the transmission. I have a F150 like that. I guess the other guy couldn't find it. lol

PineCreek

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Yep
Where is the auto dipstick, I’ve searched everywhere for one and was told there is no dipstick.
mid love to know for my own curiosity! Thank you!!!

B

Bister

Where is the auto dipstick, I’ve searched everywhere for one and was told there is no dipstick.
mid love to know for my own curiosity! Thank you!!!
I just finally found the post you made on Facebook about the dipstick, that's where I read it. It's all your fault. lol

PineCreek

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I just finally found the post you made on Facebook about the dipstick, that's where I read it. It's all your fault. lol
Sorry.... haha, but seriously I’d love to know how to check!

J.R.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Y
Ok.

I never looked at one with an automatic. I thought I saw somewhere that they didn't have a dipstick and had to be checked just by using the plug in the transmission. I have a F150 like that. I guess the other guy couldn't find it. lol
You're right...Im the 'dipstick'..I didn't quite compose my post correctly.? In more detail..my neighbor and I located the transmission fill hole..The fluid was not at top of the hole and he couldn't touch it with his 'longer than mine' fingers.? So after some thunking we fashioned a couple make shift 'dipsticks'. None worked really well, but a small brass brazing rod was used..It indicated the level about 3.5???+- below fill plug..Im going to trailer it to a transmission shop and let them change the fluid, ck fluid in transfer case and gear boxes. I'd take it back to dealer but that's 75mi one way..Ive seen numerous posts where owners complain of low fluids in their Roxar...Dealer Service should have checked and made right..Ill send my bill to them with a "Descriptive" letter for what that will do.??? Sorry for my stupid omission on dipstick.

B

Bister

Y

You're right...Im the 'dipstick'..I didn't quite compose my post correctly.? In more detail..my neighbor and I located the transmission fill hole..The fluid was not at top of the hole and he couldn't touch it with his 'longer than mine' fingers.? So after some thunking we fashioned a couple make shift 'dipsticks'. None worked really well, but a small brass brazing rod was used..It indicated the level about 3.5???+- below fill plug..Im going to trailer it to a transmission shop and let them change the fluid, ck fluid in transfer case and gear boxes. I'd take it back to dealer but that's 75mi one way..Ive seen numerous posts where owners complain of low fluids in their Roxar...Dealer Service should have checked and made right..Ill send my bill to them with a "Descriptive" letter for what that will do.??? Sorry for my stupid omission on dipstick.
Ok. Thanks for explaining.

If there is problems with it, Roxor warranty will not cover it unless the work is done by the dealer. Just a heads up. If you take it to the dealer and the transmissions toast, Roxor will replace it under warranty, but only if it is done at the dealers.

PineCreek

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Y

Thank you so much!! That make so much sense!!!
I really appreciate you taking the time to explain. That helps a lot