ooooooooooo

2023 2.7L issues at altitude

23Roxor

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hello. I purchased my first roxor about 2 weeks ago near Houston. It drove and ran well around the property. Then I loaded it up and trailered it to red river, NM for a bbq competition. At just 8,750’ altitude, it ran like crap. It sputters and blows clouds of white smoke. Revving is slow and stumbles like a fuel issue, but it’s not a fuel issue. Called the dealer who said they’d check on altitude issues, but no word back. Just got back home last night and it’s back to running smooth like a dream, zero issues. So it’s definitely altitude related. What can I do to solve this? Currently there’s no tunes available for the 2.7.

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I bet it's beautiful up there.

First I have heard of this issue. However, the highest I have had my 2020 is a bit over 7,000'. Sounds like it has a baro sensor, and it doesn't have the range for such low pressure and doesn't know to take away more fuel.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
That's interesting, I lived Utah and regularly drove my Roxor as high as 11000ft not a single issue. Wonder if it is just 23 models.

23Roxor

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
It could be the 2023 models or just something wrong with mine. The fact it runs perfect near sea level makes it hard for the dealer to do anything. I bought this roxor to build out and take to the mountains. The plan was to spend most of its time between 7,000’ and 14,000’ elevation.

What makes it worse is I can’t find hardly any info on the 2023 models. Even mahindras websites don’t seem to have specs on them.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
That's to bad, sorry to hear that. Hope it all gets fixed for you. Let us know the outcome.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I wonder if it is a problem with fuel delivery in the climbing stages?

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
White smoke is either completely raw fuel, or coolant. What did it smell like?

With altitude the new cooling system could've had too much PSI and found a weak spot to leak, so I'd check the level there if your exhaust didn't smell like kerosene. I am not familiar with their new pressure system.

If you get back up there often throw probes in the intake and exhaust to measure temperature.

23Roxor

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
It was raw fuel for sure. Coolant is still level. I’m starting to think maybe it’s EGR related at higher altitudes. Too much egr flow at low atmospheric pressure.

23Roxor

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
No tuning available for the 2.7 yet. If tuning doesn’t come out before my next trip to the mountains, I’ll make a restrictive plate to put in the egr path to limit it. Then we’ll know for sure.

Greg

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Hello. I purchased my first roxor about 2 weeks ago near Houston. It drove and ran well around the property. Then I loaded it up and trailered it to red river, NM for a bbq competition. At just 8,750’ altitude, it ran like crap. It sputters and blows clouds of white smoke. Revving is slow and stumbles like a fuel issue, but it’s not a fuel issue. Called the dealer who said they’d check on altitude issues, but no word back. Just got back home last night and it’s back to running smooth like a dream, zero issues. So it’s definitely altitude related. What can I do to solve this? Currently there’s no tunes available for the 2.7.
your dealer needs to run diagnostic.

23Roxor

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
It’s at the dealer now. They’re waiting on an adapter and some software from mahindra to run diagnostics. I gave them a link to the obd adapter I have and told them I couldn’t find any pending or active codes. Used scangauge and banks idash. Both show lots of active sensors and read codes. Both the same.

Ridem32

Hitch hacking to see what problems are

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Yes. I'm curious what the difference is in HP, torque, ect.

23Roxor

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Yes the 2023 has a whole new 2.7L, new gauge cluster, new tail lights. A 22’ beside a 23’ I thought the 23 looked better so that’s what I bought.

I picked the roxor back up from the dealer. They had to get some software and such from mahindra to scan it. No codes present which is what I found. The ball is still in mahindras court waiting on a reply. I went ahead and made a block off plate for the EGR. When I pulled it out, it looked like it was coated with creosote. No soot dust, all sticky. So far with the egr blocked off it seems to run slightly quieter and smoother. I’ll have to get it back up in the mountains to see if just blocking egr fixes the issue.

30CDE3BC-5644-4C3F-BB0C-2C05AB93A264.jpeg 071DEC64-05FC-455A-8E5B-A692C63CCC16.jpeg 1D89501F-70F4-4EC1-8E74-11257F5616E2.jpeg