ooooooooooo

Rocky The Roxor Build

Bob R1

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I bought Rocky the first of June 2024. Rocky was made 03/2024, and is a Base HD Model in OD Green.
I bought Rocky from Hirsch Feed and Farm Supply in West Plains Missouri.
Mark Bunch the Equipment Sales Manager was great to work with. You would have thought that we had been close friends for years. They checked Rocky out, filled it up with Diesel Fuel, and delivered it to my house 52 miles away from the dealership at no charge. I was totally happy with my sales experience. FIVE PLUS STARS.

The following day I loaded Rocky on my trailer and hauled it to Nathans Tire Shop in Summersville Missouri, and swapped the 4 Ply factory tires for something more appropriate. We installed Thunderer TracGrip M/T LT235/85R16 10 Ply Tires.

Next I installed the Fortress 2 Passenger Low Pro Level 2 Roof, with Insulation.
We also installed a Fortress Tilt Out Windshield at the same time. This windshield had a single windshield wiper.
I got both the top and windshield from a member in Van Buren Missouri who had installed a Hard Cab.

The next upgrade was an OEM Side Step from Diesel Freak.

I then installed a pair of Smitty Bilt Black Trail Mirrors. I originally bought this set of mirrors for my Wrangler MOAB to use with the Doors off. However they vibrated like crazy, and I bought a much better set of side mirrors. NOTE: These mirrors mount perfectly flat on the Roxor, and do not vibrate.

Next was a Universal Rear View Mirror from NAPA. I had the lady at Glass Plus install it.

Next was a set of Roll Bar mounted Sun Visors. They could have been a little larger, but they are doing ok.

I just made another order for Round Two of the build.

I have my Torq Locker on hand from On The Rox. I will take Rocky to the shop Tuesday to have the Torq Locker installed in the rear axle. I rounded up an old school Hub Puller just in case the garage did not own one. UPDATE: The trip to the shop did not happen so far.

My Light Bar OEM Switch was delivered also.

I have a pair of Harbor Freight Rock Lights to use for Interior Lighting.

I have a 6" ( SIX LED) Flood Light on hand from Harbor Freight for Rear Lighting.

I also have a 6 Circuit Auxiliary Fuse Panel with Relay to power up Lights, Wipers, etc.

STILL ON ORDER LIST:

Truck Lite 900 Turn Signal Switch on order from Vehicle Safety Supply.

Hard Cab Rear Two Piece Bulk Head on order from Diesel Freak.

Rough Country Winch Plate from Diesel Freak

Kolpin Rhino Grip XL Gun Rack to mount to the Rear Bulk Head, Ordered from Diesel Freak

I have Rocker Switch's on order for WIPERS, REAR FLOOD LIGHT, and INTERIOR LIGHTS from Rocker Switch Pro's.

I have an OEM Roxor Spare Tire Carrier on order from Mahindra

I also have a Spare Wheel on order from Mahindra.

Today I started my Turn Signal Project. I have both 2" LED Signal Lights installed in the Grill. I also have two 3/4" Round LED Turn Signals installed in the Fender Lips on each side. I drilled a 3/4" hole behind the 2" lights and installed Rubber Gromets for the wiring to go through. The Fender Light wiring was routed through the Fender Support Bracket. They should be protected pretty well in that location. I am waiting on the Truck Lite 900 Switch before going any further on the Turn Signal Wiring.

More to come if my post does not disappear again.

Bob R

Last edited:

Bob R1

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Gabe if you can post pictures, I can send you some.

Today my Rocker Switch's arrived. Wipers, Rear Light Bar, and Interior Lights.

My Tire Carrier and Rim were in at the Farm Supply, however they have not gotten the bill from Mahindra on them so far. I am in no rush on those parts, so I will get them next week. They have been very reasonable on the parts so far, so I am not going to rush them.

Still waiting on the Truck Lite 900 Turn Signal Switch. IF it shows up before next weekend, I should get the Turn Signals up and running by Tuesday. I have the 2" Amber LED Grill Lights installed. I also have the .75" Amber LED Signal Lights installed in the Front Fender Lip.

When I start on the Turn Signals again, I will also be installing a 6 Circuit Auxiliary Panel. The Rear LED 6" Light Bar, the Two LED Rock Lights for Interior Lights, as well as Powering up my Wiper.

Bob R

Bob R1

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Well it is now 07/20/2024. No Truck Lite 900 Signal Switch, and no Rear Bulkhead from Diesel Freak. No Tracking Numbers for either so far. Both have been on order for Two Weeks (7/07/2024).

My last order from Diesel Freak for a Kolpin Gun Rack and the Rough Country Winch Plate have arrived.

I will be on the phone with Vehicle Safety Supply Monday checking on the Truck Lite 900 Turn Signal Switch. I am dead in the water on my wiring until I have the Turn Signal Switch in hand.

Bob R

Bob R1

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
My Hard Cab Two Piece Bulkhead arrived from Diesel Freak this afternoon.
It is now installed. No drilling required. Get the lower metal section of the Bulkhead in place, and turn the Roll Bar Locks, and Cam them down to tighten. Then install the Glass Upper Section of the Bulkhead. Same deal Four Cam Locks to hold it in place. I removed the Four back Bolts from the Fortress Top, and loosened the front Two Bolts. I then Lifted the roof and blocked it up to install the Glass Upper Section of the Bulkhead.

I decided to install the rest of my Diesel Freak parts when I was done with the Bulkhead. A Rough Country Winch Mounting Plate, as well as a Kolpin Swivel Gun Rack.
KOLPIN GUN RACK
I started off by removing the passenger seat so that I had some room to drill the mounting bolt holes.
I bolted the Gun Rack to the Bulkhead with the Rifle setting at an angle behind the seats. NOTE: The Head
Swivels on the Kolpin Gun Rack. I have it swiveled 90 degrees. I checked the fit with my AR15 in 300 HAM'R as well as a Howa Mini Action in 7.62x39. Both fit well enough. After checking the fit, and getting the angle and height figured out so the Clamp cleared the scopes, and I was ready to drill holes and install screws. I bolted the Gun Rack Clamp to the bulkhead using Stainless Steel 1/4" Screws, Nuts, and Washers.

The Winch Plate required the removal of the Front Bumper. That required the removal of Four Bolts. I then positioned the Winch Mounting Plate. The Kit came with a Nut Plate with both Nuts attached. Just slide the Nut Plate into the Frame Horn, and line up the Nuts with the holes, and install the Bolts from the top. I probably had the Bumper off, Winch Plate Mounted, and the Bumper back on in under Ten Minutes. Very easy install.

Still waiting on my Truck Lite 900 Turn Signal Switch. I ordered it from Vehicle Safety Supply. I should have checked their reviews before ordering. Per the reviews they seem to have a habit of show things in stock that they do not have on hand. The customer then ends up waiting way longer than they anticipated for the part to arrive. Calling to check the status is a waste of time also. After a few minutes they instruct you to inquire online. I have done that with no response so far either. That order is past two weeks and no tracking number. It will probably show up in another week or two. Per the reviews things seem to show up, just way later than what you would have liked them to have arrived.

My Roxor dealer still had not gotten billed on the Rim and Tire Carrier. They offered to let me pick up the parts, and they would call me later for a Credit Card Number when they got the bill. I am in no real hurry for the Tire Carrier and Rim, so I will hold off another week on these parts.

Things are coming together. I guess dragging out the wiring gives me more time to decide on exactly what I will do. Specifically installing the 6 Circuit Auxiliary Power Block and Relay.

Bob R

Last edited:

Bob R1

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I will go by the Roxor Dealer in West Plains Missouri Tuesday and pick up the Rear Tire Carrier and Spare Tire OEM Rim.

After Three Weeks I got tired of waiting on my Truck Lite 900 Signal Switch from Vehicle Safety Supply, and I ordered a United Pacific Industries KIT from Vintage Auto Garage. The Kit is basically just the Turn Signal Switch, Switch Wiring Harness, LED Electronic Three Prong Flasher, and Flasher Plug. It comes with Instructions which I have already down loaded. Now that I have ordered the second Signal Switch, the Truck Lite 900 will probably show up tomorrow. :)

Hopefully I will start working on the Wiring again over the weekend.

Bob R

Bob R1

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Well I now have notice that my Truck Lite 900 Turn Signal Switch now has a shipping label generated.
Vehicle Safety Supply has only taken a little over THREE WEEKS to get it shipped. CORRECTION to have a Shipping Label Generated. It is not shipped yet.

Vintage Auto Garage has the second Turn Signal Switch that I ordered in the mail, and it should be delivered tomorrow per USPS Tracking. FIVE DAYS from order to delivery. That is more like it. I will determine which one to install in the next week.

I will gather up my Spare Tire Carrier and Rim tomorrow after noon.

It will probably be another week before I can get any meaningful work done on wiring the Roxor.

Bob R

Bob R1

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
My Truck Lite 900 Turn Signal Switch has a USPS delivery date of Friday 2 August, which will probably end up being closer to Saturday 3 August.
I hope to get to work on the wiring this weekend.
My garage is acting like I may be getting closer to getting the Torq Locker installed. They had a possibly shop date of Friday. I am not holding my breath yet.

Bob R

Bob R1

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
2 August 2024

Today I installed my OEM Spare Tire Carrier. I removed my Triangle Reflector which was bolted on using two of the Tire Carrier bolt holes. I reinstalled the Reflector on the Bulk Head. This round I have it bolted to a 150# Magnet stuck to the Bulk Head. Temporary or Permanent?? Not sure yet.

I also started my wiring project.

To start with I took the rear bolts out of my Fortress Top. I loosened up the front bolts, and lifted the top and installed Plastic "Wood Cutter" Wedges to hold it up. This will help me with wire loom installation, by getting the Roof up off the roll bar so that I can install Zip Ties around the roll bar securing the Wire Loom.

I next removed both Seats to have more room to work.

I have a Weather Proof Box installed on the Top Left side of the Hard Cab Rear Lower Bulk Head, on the outside, as close to the glass as possible. I am installing a 120v Single Receptacle in the weather proof box. It will be wired up 20 Amp, 12V. This receptacle is to power up my 25 Gallon Sprayer as well as my Reese Hitch Mounted Seeder. I currently use both on my Polaris wired the same way.

I removed all three of the Switch Blanks on the top row, and the Bottom Left Switch Blank. They were not the easiest thing to remove. I used Painters Tape to protect the dash. No Scratches :)
The Plan is to have Light Switch's on the top row. Front Light Bar, Rear SIX LED Light Bar, and Two LED Rock Lights mounted on the roll bar for interior lights. The Left switch on the bottom will be for the Windshield Wiper.

I have a Power Point constructed. It has a 4" X 4" Plastic Junction Box with bolt on Lid as the main platform. I have a Relay mounted on the top of the box to supply power to the Six Fuse, Fuse Block that is bolted to the cover. On the Bottom I have a Neutral Bar with Ten points to attach Neutral Wires. I have Two 1/2" knockout holes on each side of the box. One side has close Nipples with Bushings, the other side has Conduit Flex Clamps that will securely hold the Smurf Tube "Blue 1/2" Plastic Flex Conduit" that I will use to route the wires to the Drivers side of the dash. I have the holes drilled in the dash to bolt the Power Point in place.

I also have the Six LED, Six Inch Rear Light Bar installed on the back Dovetail of the roof.

My Truck Lite 900 Turn Signal Switch was shown by USPS to be delivered today. As usual it will arrive a day later than shown. I am expecting it around Noon tomorrow. At that point I will make a determination on using the Truck Lite 900 or the Vintage Auto Garage (United Pacific Industries) Turn Signal Switch for the Turn Signals.

Bob R

Last edited:

Bob R1

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
3 August 2024

I mounted the Truck Lite 900 Turn Signal Switch to the Steering Column today. I did not use the supplied Mounting Strap. Instead I used a Hose Clamp. I first wrapped a couple ply of Scotch 33+ Electrical Tape around the Steering Column so that the Switch had a good solid grip on the pipe. I attached a Ground Wire to one of the Bracket Bolts, and routed it down the Wire Loom with the other wires. Per the Instructions the switch needs to be grounded in order for the Indicator Lights to Flash. I drilled a hole in the plastic cover under the Steering Column with a Step Bit. I made the hole a nice fit for the Wire Loom Extension that I added. The Truck Lite 900 Factory Installed Wire Loom over the wiring was pretty short. I added enough length to run the Loom into the Dash.

I Ran the Power Wire and Ground Wire from the Battery to the Six Circuit Auxiliary Power Panel. I routed it into the Passenger Side Turn Signal Wire Loom. This power wire has an Inline 30A Fuse to protect the circuit at the battery Location.

I have the Power Panel almost Mounted. My last SS 10-24 screw did not have the screw driver X Slot in it. That was typical of my day today. I made Three Trips to town for Parts or Tools that I needed. I thought that I had everything that I needed on hand.

I routed the Passenger Side front Turn Signal wire to the Drivers Side in Wire Loom. Talk about a pain to zip tie it up out of the way. It was very hard for an old guy to get two hands up under the dash to attach the Zip Ties.

I also wired the Auxiliary Panel. I wired the Relay Switch off the Charger Outlet so that it was on Ignition Switch Power. I have Circuits ran for the Wiper Switch, Rear Six LED Light Bar, Interior LED "Rock Lights", Rear Bulkhead Power Receptacle, Power for the Truck Lite 900 Switch, and one spare that I did not install a Fuse in. I had a change of plans. I originally was going to mount both Rock Lights on the Roll Bar shining down. I decided to mount one under the Dash, and one on the Roll Bar shining down. "UPDATE this turned out to be a good plan."

I installed the Factory Mahindra Light Bar Rocker Switch, and plugged the existing Factory Wiring into it.
"UPDATE Not a Good Plan as the factory switch is not back lit at all." When I decide to add a Light Bar to the front, I will probably get a new Switch to match the new switch's.

I ended the day putting the Deck Belts and Drivers Side Tensioner Spring back on the Skag Cheetah ll Mower. The wife's mowing had priority over the wiring. She is back ready to go again tomorrow.

I will probably miss Church in the morning, and finish up the Wiring Project on Rocky.

Bob R

Last edited:

Bob R1

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
4 August 2024
Back on the wiring project.

I got the Interior LED Rock Light installed on the Roll Bar. I routed the wiring around the top of the Back Roll Bar to the Drivers side corner. I installed the High Dollar Woven 1/2" Wire Loom from O'Reilly along the Back Roll Bar.

NOTE: I have the Fortress 2 Passenger Low Pro Level 2 Roof. This is the one set up for the Rear Angled Ropes, which my 2024 machine does not have. This roof has the Dovetail that angles down Nine Inches which should protect both the Light Bar, as well as the wiring.
I Drilled the Fortress Roof and installed a Gromet to route the Six Inch, Six LED Rear Light Bar wiring to the under side of the roof. I used a Yard Stick to lay out the bolt holes for the Insulated Clamps which were attached using 1/4" Stainless Steel Screws and SS Lock Nuts. I spaced the clamps at Eight Inches on centers. I routed these wires across the under side of the Roof Dovetail, then over the top of the Roll Bar, and under the roof where the gap is formed by the roll bar bracket. This wiring was also installed in 1/2" Wire Loom to the Drivers side rear Roll Bar corner.

I also installed the wiring for my Exterior Outlet mounted on the Rear Bulk Head. This wiring was also installed in 1/2" Wire Loom. I anchored the Wiring on the interior utilizing the Outlet Box drivers side bolt to secure an Insulated Clamp. I ran the wiring from the box to the Drivers side Roll Bar, and routed it up to the Corner where all Three of these Circuits met.

From the Drivers side Top Roll Bar Rear Corner the wiring for all Three Circuits was routed to the Front Drivers side Vertical Roll Bar. From that location the wiring was routed down the Drivers side Vertical Roll Bar, and ran through a Hole that I had drilled with a Step Bit in the Top Lip by the windshield. All of this wiring was covered in 3/4" Woven Wire Loom. All of the Wire Loom was secured to the Roll Bar with Zip Ties at approximately Eight Inch Intervals.

After getting the Auxiliary Power Panel secured to the back of the dash, and the Power Wires routed to the Switch Location. I powered up the Panel and used my 12V Tester to identify which Three of the Four Circuit Wires for the Switches were hot. The spare wire was wired up to the panel, but no fuse was installed. All that I did with the Switch's was to install the Neutral Wires, and the Jumper Wire for the Lighted Switch's. Tomorrow before attaching the Power and Load wiring to the Switch's I will give the wiring a good look under the dash to make sure no wires will rub or get pinched.

Monday I will finish the Switch Installation, resecure the Roof to the Roll Bars, then wire up the Truck Lite 900 Switch, which is already installed. The front Grill Lights and Fender Mounted Side Lights have all been previously installed.

I will also bolt on a couple anchor points to secure my 25 Gallon Sprayer Tank to the Bulk Head. This is the time to install the Anchor Points while the Seats are out. The Anchors came in a pack of Four. I will probably mount the other two up at the top of the Metal Bulk Head, on the outside edges. One on each side for additional Tie Points.

More to come.

Bob R

Bob R1

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
5 August 2024

I started the day finishing up wiring the Switches for the Wiper, Rear Light Bar, and Interior Lights. When I install a Front Light Bar, I will need to swap out the factory Mahindra switch for a new one matching the ones that I just installed. They are All Back Lit, as well as have a Lighted Indicator showing the switch is on.

I wired up a Ground Bar under the Drivers side of the dash. I had several Neutral Wires between the Switch Neutrals, Flasher Neutral, I Grounded the Truck Lite 900 Switch to make sure that the Indicators would Light Up. I also ran the Neutrals for the Front Turn Signals back to this ground bar. Both Ground bars were connected to the Battery with a #10 Wire.

Then I got a call, and had to go in to work for Half a Day.

I Bolted the Roof back down, and resecured the Rear Bulk Head Window section, which I had loosened up to install Zip Ties around the Roll Bars.

I installed a section of 1/2" Smurf Tube "Blue Plastic Flexible Conduit" from the under hood area behind the ECU all the way to the back bumper for the Drivers Side Tail Light Wiring. I installed the wire and hooked it to the Truck Lite 900 Switch Wiring. I will hook up the wiring to the Brown Tail Light Factory Wiring tomorrow morning at the Tire Shop. My plan is to have the Back Drivers side Tire removed, and work on the wiring with Rocky on a lift. While I am doing this, I plan to have the Wheel Stops adjusted out for more travel.

I wired up the Truck Lite 900 Turn Signal Switch. The only slight issue was cutting and reconnection the wires to the Brown Brake Light Wire. Not much slack, and a little tough to get to. The cut wire is connected to the Truck Lite switch wiring. Gray with Black Stripe hooks to the Brake Switch end of the wire. The Black Wire connects to the other end of the Brown wire and powers up the Passenger Side Rear Tail Light through the Turn Signal Switch. I did not connect the Flasher Power to the Green Brake Switch wire as shown in the On The Rocks Instructions. Instead I ran a Power Wire from the Auxiliary Power Panel to power it up.

I finished wiring the Outlet on the Rear Bulk Head.

I also installed the Tie Points on the Bulk Head to secure my 25 Gallon Sprayer.

I checked the Lighting this evening as it got dark. The Rock Light on the Roll Bar, and the second one under the dash worked out very well.

The Rear Light Bar is going to put out about the perfect amount of light to see behind the Roxor.

The Wiper Works :) I will now need to replace the Wiper Blade.

I finished up cleaning Rocky out, and reinstalling the Seats.

Bob R

Last edited:

Bob R1

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
6 AUGUST 2024

Off to Nathans Tire Shop I went first thing after cleaning Rocky out.
When I got to the shop no vehicles, and the doors were down. The sign on the door said on vacation till 12 August. Back to the house I went.
I parked Rocky under an Oak in the yard "The Oak Tree Garage", and went to work on the Drivers Side Tail Light Wiring. BE CAREFUL, the TOY WIRE they use wiring the newer Roxor's is tiny and has very thin insulation. You can skin a wire easily cutting through the Wire Loom. I cut the Zip Tie off the Bumper clip to get some elbow room to work on the Factory Wiring Harness. After separating the Four Wires I cut the Brown wire. I attached my new Drivers Side Turn Signal wire to the Tail Light End of the cut Brown Wire. Nothing needs to be done with the other end of the Brown Wire except taping it up.

NOTE: The Brown Wire that was cut at the Brake Light Switch is the same Brown wire we are working on at the Drivers Side Tail Light. When we cut the wire at the Brake Light Switch the Black Turn Signal Wire was connected to the outgoing end of the wire going to the Tail Lights. When the Turn Signal Switch is all wired up, and operational, if you Turn on the RIGHT SIDE Turn Signal, with the Turn Signal Switch, Both Tail Lights will Blink.

The Brown Wire powers up the Brake Lights on both sides. The wire splits at the rear bumper and one wire goes to each Turn Signal Light.

Today I cut the Brown Wire Feeding the Drivers side Tail Light at the Drivers Side Rear Bumper Location, and reconnected it to the GRAY Wire on the Truck Lite Turn Signal Switch. The Turn Signals now work perfectly.

All that remains is letting the Liquid Tape Dry that I put over the Wire Crimp Connector, taping the wires back up in a bundle, and installing some Wire Loom over them. I will tape the ends of the Wire Loom to keep water and dirt out of the Wire Loom. Zip Tie the wire loom back in place, and the job is completed.

THIS PART OF THE WIRING PROJECT IS NOW COMPLETED

Still more to come as I get the Torq Locker Installed, and the Spare Tire Mounted on the Factory Rim. I will probably remount the Triangle Reflector to the Spare Tire Carrier. Then we have Doors, and a Heater. Oil Pan Skid Plate. And "The List" goes on.

Bob R

Bob R1

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
08 August 2024

I picked up a couple 1/2 - 20 Lug Nuts, and installed the new Wheel on the Tire Carrier on the back of Rocky.

I purchased a new "Tire Shop Quality" Four Way Lug Wrench for Rocky. I put the Four Way behind the Passenger Seat. With luck it will stay their, and never be used.

I picked up a couple 1/2" X 5" Bolts, a couple 1/2" Nuts and a couple 1/2" Wing Nuts. The plan is to weld the two Bolts to the Tire Carrier to hold the Triangle Reflector behind the Spare Tire. Over Kill, but hopefully it will make a solid mount that will not vibrate loose.

I had a shop visit scheduled to install the Torq Locker in the rear end of Rocky. My Wrangler MOAB Oil Cooler decided to start leaking oil, so it went in the shop for repair in place of Rocky. I have Rocky rescheduled for the first of September.

Bob R

Bob R1

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
12 August 2024
I went to a local fabrication shop and had a couple bolts welded to the Tire Carrier to hold my Triangle reflector. When I got home I touched up the paint with some Black spray paint, and remounted the Tire carrier.

Bob R

Bob R1

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
13 August 2024
Today my Spare Tire arrived at Nathan's Tire Shop in Summersville Missouri.
235/85R16 10 Ply Thunderer Trac Grip M/S. The same Tire as the Four on the ground.
After getting it Mounted and Balanced, I installed the Spare Tire on the OEM Tire Carrier. I next installed and adjusted the 1/2" Stop Nuts on the Bolts holding the Triangle Reflector. After verifying everything was a fit, I drilled a hole in the Upper Bolt, and installed a Pin to stop the 1/2" Wingnut from backing completely off. Looking good so far. I will keep an eye on the lower Wingnut, and add a keeper Pin if needed. With the upper Wingnut retained, I do not need to worry about the Reflector falling off. The Reflector would be only part of the loss, I have my Dent County UTV Sticker mounted on the Reflector.
It just keeps getting better.

Bob R