ooooooooooo

Road Trip ??????

TRUE_GRIT

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Hey guys I have a question? I bought a new 2019 Roxor back east and because I'm getting stupid bids to transport it back. And I don't feel like driving my truck and trailer 2500 miles around trip I had a thought! Why don't I just drive it back home! I can get a temp license plate here and the new Roxor has the 5 speed manual, soft full cab cover, mirrors Window shield, really what else do I need. ( Maybe AC in the middle of Kansas) Mind you it's not that I'm cheap, it because I'm going to be pooor after buying all the upgrades on the new Roxor and I'm retired and have the time! I really think it would be cool as hell for a road trip back to Colorado when taking all the back roads home and great way to brake in the machine! What's your thoughts! Let the comments start!!! Flame suit on!

:unsure:

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
You could also rent a u-hual trailer, they are pretty cheap.

Bhayarock

I mean without a tune you won't be able to push more than 55mph, what about turn signals? Most of the states via with you will be driving can basically give you a citation for being non compliant. just not worth the risk of getting caught and going over hassle of getting it released from impound or paying fines, I would highly recommend you tow it, haul it or get it transported... I mean I got my car transported couple of years back from NY to UT for 800 bucks not bad.

Last edited:

TRUE_GRIT

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I'm still shopping for transportation. The lowest bid I had $1200 and highest of $1400. Apparently the rates have jump quite a bit since you
moved your vehicle. and my distance is alot shorter. Again I'm in no hurry and I won't drive at night and I have several friends to stop by to visit. I'm won't be driving the interstate. As far as the turn signals goes I'll use the old method of sticking out the arm. (If anybody can give me a transport outfit throw me their info!)

Vinny

Supporting Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
In the same boat. Bought a 2019 in Mississippi. Paid $1300 to a transport broker. First guy went to pick it up and said it was too tall.? Still waiting for the next attempt. It would have been way more for me to drive and trailer myself. Good thing I'm not in a hurry.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
What state is it in? maybe we can figure a plan to drive it back or find enough members that could help do a relay for you and get it closer. You could also get on Facebook and join a trucker group. Find a flat bedder who could haul it as a partial.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
What state is it in? maybe we can figure a plan to drive it back or find enough members that could help do a relay for you and get it closer. You could also get on Facebook and join a trucker group. Find a flat bedder who could haul it as a partial.
Very good idea

TRUE_GRIT

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Well guys thanks for all the help. I didn't know the EFX tires on my Roxor is for strictly off road use. So I can't drive this home! And just got another quote for shipping at $1500. I may just end up going to get it for that kind of money! :mad:

TRUE_GRIT

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
In the same boat. Bought a 2019 in Mississippi. Paid $1300 to a transport broker. First guy went to pick it up and said it was too tall.? Still waiting for the next attempt. It would have been way more for me to drive and trailer myself. Good thing I'm not in a hurry.
Vinny could you send me your transport companies name. I placed at least 6 request on websites and have not gotten much luck. Thanks.

ptwalsh9

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I used Transport Connection to get mine from Kentucky to Denver. A few of the quotes came back cheaper but when I dug into reviews it seemed a lot of places were pretty shady. Contact info: Bill Avrich, President, Transport Connection, Office: 561-982-1275.

Vinny

Supporting Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Vinny could you send me your transport companies name. I placed at least 6 request on websites and have not gotten much luck. Thanks.
Van 3 auto transport Spoke to Bobby and Vince (224) 788-7777 l used them last year for another vehicle and they were legit.
Good luck.

TRUE_GRIT

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I used Transport Connection to get mine from Kentucky to Denver. A few of the quotes came back cheaper but when I dug into reviews it seemed a lot of places were pretty shady. Contact info: Bill Avrich, President, Transport Connection, Office: 561-982-1275.
Hey thanks alot! Just got a quote from them for $765! Looks like now I'll ship it! (y)

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
This post is worth $750. Glad you found a reasonable solution

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TRUE_GRIT

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Hey thanks alot! Just got a quote from them for $765! Looks like now I'll ship it! (y)
Well I spoke too quick, after getting off the phone with this Bill guy the quote changed to $1050. But what I can say he seems to be a straight shooter! So now it looks like again I will be driving to pick this up! Boy this is like a soap opera! :unsure:

BoxofRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Your EFX tires, if they're MotoVators like mine, are DOT radials. Just like any MT you see on the road.

p0lpot

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I'm also in the same boat trying to get one transported from Delaware to Florida. I have a few bids under $700 but I will have to wait a few weeks to get it. I am still thinking about it. I can't wait to hear your decision.