ooooooooooo

Ouray CO Trip

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I will be running trails around Ouray, Co next week (7/17-7/21), If anyone wants to join they are welcome. There is one other Roxor coming from New Mexico, and a few jeeps from various areas.

Planned trails are mild to wild, I posted routes on the Enthusiasts FB page but feel free to email/call me at Torque King if you don't do the FB thing.

We do plan on making Roxor get togethers at a later date in other places, so stay tuned.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Wish I could join ya. Let us know how it goes and how well colorado honors your little MT plate. I hear silverton used to let sxs thru town on designated roads and have now cracked down on it and won’t let them ride thru town anymore.

TomRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
What route are you taking down from Billings? I am near Vail and would like to talk shop about some winter projects, maybe face to face

I might be able to make it to Ouray

TomRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Will I be Able to keep up?
Mods:
Shackle lift
Full skid plates
OTR nerf bars
Diesel Freak Tune
33’s
Bilstiens
Winch

C5E2B110-9154-4040-8B60-5BEE0BBEA1F6.jpeg

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Will I be Able to keep up?
Mods:
Shackle lift
Full skid plates
OTR nerf bars
Diesel Freak Tune
33’s
Bilstiens
Winch

View attachment 12535

Got your email, I am posting it here as well.

Was going through Rifle on the way down, but I can switch that to go through Vail. We planned on driving the truck and trailer around the mountain roads anyway, so I hust need to figure out timing for hotel stays before Sunday afternoon. I'd be happy to stop in and see what you have planned, by winter we should be fully stocked with a ton of drivetrain parts.

It's my first trip to Ouray, so no idea what equipment will me nice to have. The Roxor is a capable vehicle as-is, so you would probably do OK! I'm sure lockers would be nice, but that's what the winch is for I suppose... Our little group is used to having vehicles that are fairly stock anyway. I have pulled jeeps several times on our escapades, but it's all part of the experience. You are welcome to join us for a day or the week, otherwise stay tuned to facebook and youtube! Lodging is up to you, I guess rooms are expensive but there is always tent camping if you're into roughing it.

PXL_20230630_194539327.jpg

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Wish I could join ya. Let us know how it goes and how well colorado honors your little MT plate. I hear silverton used to let sxs thru town on designated roads and have now cracked down on it and won’t let them ride thru town anymore.
They probably won't know mine from a jeep... If NY and PA didnt hassle me, they probably wont. But if they do, I have the whole North American highway vehicle registration reciprocity thing as a good argument. Then I guess it would be motivation to retitle as a full plate vehicle.

TomRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
In Colorado it is a $50 petty offense to ride a UTV on the wrong road, about the same as the I-70 toll to go up and down the Mtn on a ski weekend

2dutz2

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
A52AAAAAVJA001435 1435
They probably won't know mine from a jeep... If NY and PA didnt hassle me, they probably wont. But if they do, I have the whole North American highway vehicle registration reciprocity thing as a good argument. Then I guess it would be motivation to retitle as a full plate vehicle.

2dutz2

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
A52AAAAAVJA001435 1435
My 2019 Roxer lives near Ouray and has been over all Passes no special equipment is needed, I carry a High lift jack which I have used once in 40 years and a snatch block and strap. The passes are all open as of last week. Huge snow was plowed to get them open, some road cuts 30 ft.+ deep. Check out Facebook " Ouray County Road and Bridge " great Drone videos of plowing out. / or on the WEBB. page, Ouray County CO. Road & Bridge -Off HIGHWAY ROADS. all PASSES OPEN IN, San Juan, San Miguel & Hillsdale counties. HAVE A GREAT TRIP.
I have a S. Dakota rear plate and a Co., atv-sxs off road sticker. Sticker is legal on most county roads- Towns are a crap shoot. Never been stopped-looks like a (jeep) Perfer Willys.
Don't do any thing STUPID. Works for all of us.
FRom the 1950's "San Juan Mountains JEEP Capital of the World" !
" OURAY " reg c- Western Colorado

tram buff. boy.JPG ROXor6.jpg

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
My 2019 Roxer lives near Ouray and has been over all Passes no special equipment is needed, I carry a High lift jack which I have used once in 40 years and a snatch block and strap. The passes are all open as of last week. Huge snow was plowed to get them open, some road cuts 30 ft.+ deep. Check out Facebook " Ouray County Road and Bridge " great Drone videos of plowing out. / or on the WEBB. page, Ouray County CO. Road & Bridge -Off HIGHWAY ROADS. all PASSES OPEN IN, San Juan, San Miguel & Hillsdale counties. HAVE A GREAT TRIP.
I have a S. Dakota rear plate and a Co., atv-sxs off road sticker. Sticker is legal on most county roads- Towns are a crap shoot. Never been stopped-looks like a (jeep) Perfer Willys.
Don't do any thing STUPID. Works for all of us.
FRom the 1950's "San Juan Mountains JEEP Capital of the World" !
" OURAY " reg c- Western Colorado

View attachment 12544 View attachment 12545
Thanks! I checked neighboring counties and some are still closed. I wish you guys would've sent some of that white stuff up my way! Couldve used the "snow days" so work is quiet for me to get stuff done.

We did however have a nice spring storm that left about 3 feet to play with. I opened some roads that day...

PXL_20230325_232117663.jpg