ooooooooooo

Potential buyer, happy to be here!

Hillbilly

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Hello all, I recently moved to West Virginia from NC...Thank goodness, I would have lost everything in the recent floods. I have been working on my home for the last 3 years and havent bought any new vehicles since 2008. I love my Toyota FJ Cruiser, and it hauls my quad and me to the races really well, but I refuse to off road my daily driver as they are just too expensive and hard to clean to abuse.

So......now that I am in a state where there is alot of off roading, and I live in the woods I have spent a few days as a passenger in a few Razrs, a 900S, and a 1000XP, I also test rode a CF Moto Z Force 800EX.....I guess none of them really interest me enough to spend the dough on them. My buddies 1000XP requires a drive belt every 1000 miles, and he keeps a spare in the trunk. My bros 900 also seems to be a tad needy as well. I race sport quads and none of the belt drive side by sides, compare to the power/weight ratio of these sport quads. I also find the engine rpms, and cab noise of the side by sides very annoying to the point of I am happy to get out of them within a very short ride time.

So, surfing the you tube....and I stumble across the Roxor! Now this thing checks off alot of boxes for me....Large bed area for a doggie ( dont have one yet), places for camping gear, and confort items like a cooler, food, fire wood, fishing poles, cold weather gear etc....Real truck tires, and a seating area that doesnt make me feel like a sardine in a cage......The only downside is not being street legal, but most of my daily off roading and work can be done with a farm use designation. The Roxor is also very quiet so less offending people as I drive by. I have alot of questions....but I am very happy with what I am seeing. I will probably just get a base model, then pick my own wheels/tires, winch, top , etc.....

General

Founding Member
@Hillbilly Yes, I think you'll love it! You mentioned one aspect of the Roxor that doesn't get enough attention: NVH. Noise, Vibration and Harshness are components of any machine, but they take a toll on us especially over time. Prolonged use in any traditional side-by-side is a rough experience. The Roxor feels the same as any truck's NVH, feels easy going for long rides. With two of my bikes requiring oil changes every 500 miles, I'll be glad to have a practically maintenance-free machine for casual use. The wheels/tires/brakes are a huge upgrade over any SxS. As long as you're not pounding the dunes at 80 mph, the Roxor is a better fit for most folks, and the market demand has been tremendous. Factory accessories and aftermarket offerings increase by the day, as you'd expect for something like a CJ--just look at the ridiculous Wrangler aftermarket. Snatch up a 2018 before the big price increase in 2019 (no base vehicle changes MY2018 to MY2019).

Hillbilly

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
@Hillbilly Yes, I think you'll love it! You mentioned one aspect of the Roxor that doesn't get enough attention: NVH. Noise, Vibration and Harshness are components of any machine, but they take a toll on us especially over time. Prolonged use in any traditional side-by-side is a rough experience. The Roxor feels the same as any truck's NVH, feels easy going for long rides. With two of my bikes requiring oil changes every 500 miles, I'll be glad to have a practically maintenance-free machine for casual use. The wheels/tires/brakes are a huge upgrade over any SxS. As long as you're not pounding the dunes at 80 mph, the Roxor is a better fit for most folks, and the market demand has been tremendous. Factory accessories and aftermarket offerings increase by the day, as you'd expect for something like a CJ--just look at the ridiculous Wrangler aftermarket. Snatch up a 2018 before the big price increase in 2019 (no base vehicle changes MY2018 to MY2019).

I am going for a drive now to the local dealer to see if they have any on the lot. I figure the price will increase some potentially due to the tariffs being implemented. For as light as these things are, I will just use a Harbor Freight Badlands winch setup and save the extra money and get a base model if possible. Damn if I didnt just practically give away a set of 265/75/15 BFGs off my FJ when I upped the size to 285s...Oh well, for my terrain I will prolly need a really aggressive UTV type tread anyways. That way I dont have to install lockers immediately. No 80 MPH duning for me, I dont even go that fast when racing quads and absolutely hate when I am a passenger in a Rzr and the driver goes that fast.....I feel its irresponsible to other atvers, and to locals living along the roads as well.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
UTVs are kings up here for bumming around back lots and local roads. Most everyone I’ve talked is goinng to get a Roxor or Willys when the time comes to refresh, unless they like the speed side of things.

Hillbilly

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
the local dealer didnt have any Roxors, I stopped at the mall today and while I was milling around I found a car magazine and a local dealer has a Roxor in stock. i am gonna make time this week to drive the hour up and see it in person, hopefully test drive it too. Things like the Roxor dont sell well around here. People just buy what their buddies have, which is usually a Razr or Can am. I dont follow the trendy buys , I tend to keep things forever these days, so long term and usefulness always win.

Shortbus

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Don’t Forget to add you’re not sitting on top and within inches from the engine getting blisters on your Batuk us