ooooooooooo

New to Roxors

Kivmax

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hi from Utah
Been wanting a Roxor for a long time and just put money down on a 2018, picking up next week. I am concerned about the parts availability issue especially with how much I paid for this machine but obviously not worried enough not to buy it! It has tons of upgrades BUT the left rear brake drum must be warped, when you brake you can feel it bounce or grab and release of whatever. I has just 1100 miles and has been well cared for. The owner, who seems very honest, said he thinks maybe his wife drove with the e brake on or something. Kind of worried about where to get a new brake drum if it can't be turned but I am still so stoked to be getting this machine! Any idea on where to get a brake drum or what other brand drums might convert let me know!

Last edited:

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
First, where in Utah?

As for the brakes, might want to consider converting them to disc. For parts try, Sherwood tractor, they are pretty good, or maybe cross reference it with something else

Kivmax

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
First, where in Utah?

As for the brakes, might want to consider converting them to disc. For parts try, Sherwood tractor, they are pretty good, or maybe cross reference it with something else
I saw that disc conversion but after dropping $$$$$ on a new toy, hard to justify to my better half another 6 to $800 for it. I just hope it can be turned and I have no idea how to cross reference it, was hoping someone else has. I'm in Draper.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Nice, I’m in Bountiful, there are a few of us on here from Utah. Welcome

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
After regearing mine I think the shop somehow managed to mess with the brake adjustment. Probably got bumped when reinstalling the backing plates. Immediately upon driving the brake pedal pulsated, had a horrible noise while braking and the brakes got really hot. I was also locking the rears before the front. Once used a bit of the pulsating dissipated some, assuming from heat fade. After a few trips I decided to see if there was an adjustment. There was no external adjustment found. After some time I decide to tear into it and see what the brakes looked like. They looked fine. But once you get the drum off you can see an adjustment. Pull that spring metal out and away and spin that star wheel. retract the brakes in and then release the spring on the adjuster. Put drums and tires back on. In my case the brake pulsating disappeared and braking bias was returned. You might give it a shot and see if it will help yours.

Kivmax

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
After regearing mine I think the shop somehow managed to mess with the brake adjustment. Probably got bumped when reinstalling the backing plates. Immediately upon driving the brake pedal pulsated, had a horrible noise while braking and the brakes got really hot. I was also locking the rears before the front. Once used a bit of the pulsating dissipated some, assuming from heat fade. After a few trips I decided to see if there was an adjustment. There was no external adjustment found. After some time I decide to tear into it and see what the brakes looked like. They looked fine. But once you get the drum off you can see an adjustment. Pull that spring metal out and away and spin that star wheel. retract the brakes in and then release the spring on the adjuster. Put drums and tires back on. In my case the brake pulsating disappeared and braking bias was returned. You might give it a shot and see if it will help yours.
Thank you for the in-depth response I will definitely give that a shot!

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
That little spring metal I’m talking about. You just pull it back a little so the start adjusting wheel can turn. All you need is a flat head screw driver to turn the adjuster. And maybe a second one to hold that piece of metal back.

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Utah here as well, where about are you?

Kivmax

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hi from Utah
Been wanting a Roxor for a long time and just put money down on a 2018, picking up next week. I am concerned about the parts availability issue especially with how much I paid for this machine but obviously not worried enough not to buy it! It has tons of upgrades BUT the left rear brake drum must be warped, when you brake you can feel it bounce or grab and release of whatever. I has just 1100 miles and has been well cared for. The owner, who seems very honest, said he thinks maybe his wife drove with the e brake on or something. Kind of worried about where to get a new brake drum if it can't be turned but I am still so stoked to be getting this machine! Any idea on where to get a brake drum or what other brand drums might convert let me know!
Anyone who knows roxor brakes does this look right? This eBay seller says this drum will work but before I spend the money I’d like a little reassurance

Front Rear Brake Drum For Jeeps Mahindra MM540 FJ 460 Peugeot @CA

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
There are three of us from here headed up to Francis peak in Farmington on Sunday. My last ride before I get my foot worked on. We would like to get our own get together of Rox owners here. I know of two that aren't on here that I've meet that live around Davis County

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
There are three of us from here headed up to Francis peak in Farmington on Sunday. My last ride before I get my foot worked on. We would like to get our own get together of Rox owners here. I know of two that aren't on here that I've meet that live around Davis County
Who we need to get them on here

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I've tried my friend who helped me redo my rollcage. He doesn't seem interested, and a yellow one out of Syracuse. Retired guy

IMG957779.jpg

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Hi from Utah
You wouldn't happen to have a picture of the roxor you are buying would you? Is it the one on KSL?

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
The one on ksl has no pictures. That's no fun.