ooooooooooo

Need help! Turbo diverter valve snapped

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I just got mine finished. I should have followed this thread a little close, great info. I replaced mine with an aftermarket for a K03 Turbo. It is metal and needed minor fab to fit to the mounting. In hindsight, I could have fixed it easy, just not 100% comfortable with turbos or diesels yet, getting there though.

r.jpg r2.jpg

12voltac

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Thanks wood lot! That’s exactly what I was trying to say. If you make something to hold the wastegate in the closed position and use a boost gauge to make sure things don’t get out of hand, you should be good to go.
I broke mine doing the same thing trying to put the Agency Power piece on with my stage 2 and the cold air intake from vivid. Seems like the hose Mahindra uses is stupid strong and the plastic is just weak ( I even tried cutting the hose with a blade and that was a challenge).I am pretty much convinced that the only way to take this hose off is to score it deeply with a sharp blade and then try pulling the hose off.To get the waste gate off
i removed the tube from the turbo to the engine intake and had to remove the oil filter and the heat shield around the oil filter( get your kid with the thinnest arms to get the top bolt in and out on that heat shield). I took the waste gate off and tapped threads in and put in a nipple from the exhaust pipe of R/C car along with a little JB Weld on the threads. the hole in the nipple is smaller and more restricted but then again so is the Agency Piece so.... it seems alright. BTW it looks like with the broken actuator the waste gate will stay close since the air from the turbo pushes it open (it has a heavy spring inside ). I asked my son if he learned something and he said " don't rush something cause it will set you back 3 hours......." lol

IMG_5945.JPG

Cody strickland

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I have the same problem, and was wondering when you did this was you able to remove just the wastegate or did you remove the whole turbo.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Just the waste gate, it has two bolts if i remember correctly.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I honestly don't know, but I personally wouldn't test the theroy.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I would ask a turbo shop. The wastegate is a basic KO3.

Nebroxor

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
This how mine got broke ugh still trying to find a replacement waste gate and still no luck

DB93A52C-EF6A-4EEB-B6CF-7D5176B24B23.jpeg 1895CCF8-3800-4516-A477-6D560BB56AE5.jpeg

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Look up KO 3 wastegate for turbo. Should be about 180-200.

3861-892968163b65e0daab38c54630583d8f.jpg

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Anytime, let me know how it works out, anything I can do to help, I'll be more than happy to.

turner_t55

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I just got mine finished. I should have followed this thread a little close, great info. I replaced mine with an aftermarket for a K03 Turbo. It is metal and needed minor fab to fit to the mounting. In hindsight, I could have fixed it easy, just not 100% comfortable with turbos or diesels yet, getting there though.

View attachment 3861 View attachment 3862

View attachment 3861 View attachment 3862
Roxasuras, would you be willing to share a picture of what you built to mount the wastegate? I bought the same one with the intent of using the factory mount, but that’s not going to work.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Sure, I will take some in a little bit, let me know if there's anything specific you want a pic of.