ooooooooooo

Mud Tire Opinions

Bosn

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
When I first got the Roxor in late December I was happy with the BFG AT KO2s that came on it. However, after a month of use in wet/muddy conditions I've decided I'm going to have to switch to a different tire. I think the BFG KO2s are great tires for what they are, however, they just don't cut it in sloppy muddy conditions. Even when the mud isn't terrible sloppy, the tread channels seem to just collect the mud and not clean out great until I get out on pavement then it slings all over the place.

That said, I need a tire with wider tread channels that will perform better in the sloppy mud. I saw a Roxor yesterday with EFX Motovators (30 9.5 16). Apparently these are going to start becoming an option from Roxor dealers. I liked the way they looked. Does anyone have any experience with them?

Another option I was considering is the Maxxis Buckshot II. I'm not sure of the size fitment of these though.

What are some other folks switching to for better mud performance?
Hello from Arkansas, I just bought my new rig. Dealer doesn't have rims or aggressive tires. I need an extra set of rims and tires to go hog hunting in South. Arkansas. I need all to height and width I can get without effecting steering. Would anyone recommend paddle tires, please share your thoughts and experiences.
Terry

Bobby

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I agree with your observation on the KO2 which came on my ROXOR. When BFG introduced thei KM3 in the same stock size I sold the KOs and bought the KM3. Tremendous improvement in performance. There are a lot of tire out there, but I love the KM3

Woodsman74881

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Ko3s are great. I went to the Goodyear Authority 10 ply for the same reason. I put on 245/75/16. About an inch higher and wider tread. Throws mud great in the pasture. Reasonable prices too. But there are lots of good options people have listed on this site. Good driving! 549BA6B9-5B3A-480A-8E84-699A8112B889.jpeg

wpatter

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Hey Everyone, I'm looking at some 285/75 or 70/ R16's for my 2020 Roxor. I've got inch an a half shackles on the front and wondering if I need anything else. I'm pretty sure I will need some 1.5" spacer as well. Any help would be beneficial.

EliRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I replaced my Wrangler Duratracs (factory tire that came with my factory lift) with Firestone Destination MT2 (235/85R16), and noticed a big improvement in snow / mud traction. I ran KO2s (35s) off-road on my heavy Toyota Sequoia for 3 years and then switched to Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs (34s) and can say that for me at least, the Wranglers are better on the Sequoia. Given that the Destination MT2s perform better than the Wranglers on my Roxor, I'd be comfortable stating that the Destination MT2s will be an improvement over the KO2s. But I don't do deep mud (nothing more than 6"-9") so I can't speak to how well they'd do when the bottom of the Roxor starts to drag in the mud.

Cloud

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Just bought some narrow super swamper TSL 34x9r16. I'm excited to finish the build soon. Then I have to leave it at my dad's place while I leave for the summer

Kake America

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Just bought some narrow super swamper TSL 34x9r16. I'm excited to finish the build soon. Then I have to leave it at my dad's place while I leave for the summer
Can’t wait to see how it turn out, I hope you post some pictures

Cloud

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Can’t wait to see how it turn out, I hope you post some pictures
Well my 34x9 narrow super swampers are actually not available. Seems to be a theme with super swamper right now, all their pizza cutters are unavailable.

So I was bummed. I don't like running spacers on heavy tires. Hub centric spacers are kinda expensive, new wheels with a deep offset are expensive and difficult to find..... Ugh.

Then as I'm trolling forums I learned that "the blem list" is a thing. I really don't mind buying off road tires that are scratched or whatever. I'm gonna do way worse to them anyway. My welder should be available next Sunday for the long travel kit so maybe next Wednesday I'll be hitting the trails, without a winch, by myself. Probably leaving the dog at home for this one.

So I start scrolling through intercos blem list and wouldn't you know it, they had 4 TSL SX-II 35x10r16 on the blem list for $100 off retail. The tire is discontinued but they had 4 left! WHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! 35s baby! Gonna get that diff sky high!

If you never hear from me again, I died the way I lived. Having a good time and not giving a damn if anyone wanted to join me or not