ooooooooooo

Mud Tire Opinions

Kyjondeere

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
When I first got the Roxor in late December I was happy with the BFG AT KO2s that came on it. However, after a month of use in wet/muddy conditions I've decided I'm going to have to switch to a different tire. I think the BFG KO2s are great tires for what they are, however, they just don't cut it in sloppy muddy conditions. Even when the mud isn't terrible sloppy, the tread channels seem to just collect the mud and not clean out great until I get out on pavement then it slings all over the place.

That said, I need a tire with wider tread channels that will perform better in the sloppy mud. I saw a Roxor yesterday with EFX Motovators (30 9.5 16). Apparently these are going to start becoming an option from Roxor dealers. I liked the way they looked. Does anyone have any experience with them?

Another option I was considering is the Maxxis Buckshot II. I'm not sure of the size fitment of these though.

What are some other folks switching to for better mud performance?

Kyjondeere

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
DOT approved is not a requirement, however, it will be used pretty significantly on pavement, (probably half and half).

tuskermedic25

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
a few owners from the facebook page have bought the buckshot mudders for their mudding needs.

5602187F-73F1-44EA-A00E-9237D1EDC648.jpeg EDDF01CD-D82E-40AB-863E-A8F614C24BDC.jpeg C9E642C0-0FEA-482A-B11D-23CB0578D837.jpeg 5D72AF4B-92C7-419E-9A36-75B14634BF56.jpeg

WoodLot

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have run several sets of EFX tires on sxs but not that model, very satisfied with their performance, my dealer was also talking about them. However I went with the BFG KM3 in 7.50x16 and I love them, bought online with a good rebate. Having had many BFG tires these do not disappoint. They pull great in clay mud, air down well, have a heavy sidewall, good balance and fit the old school look. The only con I would say is they’re a bit heavy but that comes with their carcass strength.

Haerterich

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Not sure of what size tire you plan to run, But BFG mud terrain tires are hands down the best mud tire on the market. I have ran these on a few jeeps, on my LJ i ran 33/10.5's when i would go out with my friends they laughed about the skinny size. Well i pulled them out several times and i myself only got stuck once. Wide tires are not your friend in the mud. Most people don't believe this but it is true, a skinny tire gets down to traction, a wide tire wants to stay on top of the mud. I will be running 255/85/16 on stock rims with 1 1/2 spacers.

JonBoyK

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Not sure of what size tire you plan to run, But BFG mud terrain tires are hands down the best mud tire on the market. I have ran these on a few jeeps, on my LJ i ran 33/10.5's when i would go out with my friends they laughed about the skinny size. Well i pulled them out several times and i myself only got stuck once. Wide tires are not your friend in the mud. Most people don't believe this but it is true, a skinny tire gets down to traction, a wide tire wants to stay on top of the mud. I will be running 255/85/16 on stock rims with 1 1/2 spacers.
All depends on how deep that traction is...if its deeper than the frame those skinny tires didnt help a bit.

one2doo

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I like a little wider tire to keep the body protected here in the mountains. The ruts and gullys will get you.

WoodLot

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
When I first got the Roxor in late December I was happy with the BFG AT KO2s that came on it. However, after a month of use in wet/muddy conditions I've decided I'm going to have to switch to a different tire. I think the BFG KO2s are great tires for what they are, however, they just don't cut it in sloppy muddy conditions. Even when the mud isn't terrible sloppy, the tread channels seem to just collect the mud and not clean out great until I get out on pavement then it slings all over the place.

That said, I need a tire with wider tread channels that will perform better in the sloppy mud. I saw a Roxor yesterday with EFX Motovators (30 9.5 16). Apparently these are going to start becoming an option from Roxor dealers. I liked the way they looked. Does anyone have any experience with them?

Another option I was considering is the Maxxis Buckshot II. I'm not sure of the size fitment of these though.

What are some other folks switching to for better mud performance?

Kyjondeere, attached is a off-roaders link to a bunch of tire reviews, might be helpful in your research.

http://www.offroaders.com/reviewbox/showcat.php?cat=3&page=1

ehart814

I have general grabber x3’s on my pickup. They are pretty amazing. I’ve driven through some really deep mud in wet fields and was very surprised that it never even felt like I was going to get stuck. Not sure if they make smaller sizes for the roxor... but def check them out. And they look great too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

one2doo

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I called them and asked what they think or otherwise. He said no problems or returnes . They sell wheels also going to get a package deal free shipping,mouting, and balance.

7C5F6B94-C284-4CB3-BC51-DD3AE5897063.jpeg 727D9A41-6153-4C49-951E-B873DDE333C9.png

Bobby

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
It is my understanding the BFG KM3 will be available in late March 2018 in our standard size. That’s what I’m going for. I will advise when I learn of availability. Clemson 4WD did test on the tires as they were engineered by Michelin. They say they are awesome.

Jeepish

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
B6EA421B-9EC4-4FC3-8A7F-A6D2874ADA55.jpeg

235 85 R16 (31.7”x 9.3”)
122.00 each
Seriously considering this tire after I add-a-leaf to the front end