ooooooooooo

New owner with wheel and tire questions

Deuskid

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I apologize for my ignorance but so it is.

Attached is a pic of the 2018 ROXOR I bought yesterday, obviously used.

Looks to be after market wheels and you can read the tire size.

The tires are rubbing on the suspension and frame.

My mission is to drive off road but not rock climbing or swamping. Also want to drive on road. Think logging roads, fire trails and county roads.

I'm guessing all terrain will be the best?

What size tires are the largest I can mount without spacers or lifts [I am assuming it is stock now].

How to I measure the wheels to determine their exact dimensions.

I'd love to swap stock with anyone who wants these bigger tires/wheels.

Thanks in advance

Roxor 8-29-21.jpg Roxor tires and wheels.jpg

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Do your tires stick out past the tub any? I’m thinking you don’t have enough backspacing. To solve this you’ll need either spacers which you already said you don’t want so that leaves new rims with more backspacing to move the tires outward and away from the frame. Or you could change tire size, namely the width. If your happy with the 33s go with a 33x10.50 instead although choices will be limited in that size. A narrower tire will help but also a smaller diameter and narrower will help as well. A 31x10.50 will fit well and probably solve your issue. Also the previous owner may have adjusted the steering stops but I don’t think that’s the case just by looking at the way the tires sit under your Roxor.

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
To Txroadkill's point, coukd you post a picture of the Roxor fron the front, wheels straight?

You can look up my posts. I have oje Roxor with 255/85/16 (about 10" wide and 33" diameter) and one with 285/65/17 (about 11.2" wide and 33" diameter). I run 1.5" spacers on each.

The tires you have now are 12.5" wide and 33" tall. That is really wide. Post the picture from the front. I am guessing you will need 2" spacers to get a decent turning radius and keep what you have.

To not use spacers, you will need to spend money on new rims.

Or, you can get new set of wheel and tires. Keep the tires narrow. 235/85 (about 9.5" wide and just under 32" diameter) is a good size (if you had the srock rims).
It looks like your Roxor does not have a lift (add-a-leaf, shackle reversal, longer shackles). The 235/85 is a good height if you don't have a lift. There are some post on this board on that size.

To help figure out tire dimensions, just type the numbers in your browser.
Tirerack or Discount Tire have all tires specs that show diameter, tread with, section width, rim with, etc.

Deuskid

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
@AZROX
attached are pics of the tires. As the pic in post 1 shows, the previous owner was tearing up the sidewalls and apparently rotated it to the outside.

They are 33 x 12.50R15.

I'd like to go to original sized wheels and as large a tire that will not rub on a stock set-up. Thanks

Roxor tires and wheels.jpg
tire 1.jpg
tire 2.jpg
tire 3.jpg

Attachments

• tire 1.jpg
    tire 1.jpg
    331.5 KB · Views: 251
  • tire 2.jpg
    tire 2.jpg
    242.4 KB · Views: 222
  • tire 3.jpg
    tire 3.jpg
    264.4 KB · Views: 276

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The tire-wheel combination you have is not good for making any kind of turn.
You will need new tires anyway in the shape they are.

Stock tire size is 235-70-16. Rim is 7" wide.

If you want a little bit taller than stock and keep the width, 235-85-16 is a good option. You will be able to adjust the steer stops and get a decent turn radius. Since they are as wide as stock, they will not stick out much past the fenders (and keep down the mud slinging).

Anything wider or taller that 235-85, you will need rims with a differnet offset or spacers (to move the tires to the outside - away from the body).

See what you can find on this forum for 235-85-16.

Deuskid

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The tire-wheel combination you have is not good for making any kind of turn.
You will need new tires anyway in the shape they are.

Stock tire size is 235-70-16. Rim is 7" wide.

If you want a little bit taller than stock and keep the width, 235-85-16 is a good option. You will be able to adjust the steer stops and get a decent turn radius. Since they are as wide as stock, they will not stick out much past the fenders (and keep down the mud slinging).

Anything wider or taller that 235-85, you will need rims with a differnet offset or spacers (to move the tires to the outside - away from the body).

See what you can find on this forum for 235-85-16.
Thanks

Will do!