ooooooooooo

Mud Tire Opinions

B

Bister

That's the size I'm looking at if/when I change. I want a second set of rims in case I need my factory ones for plowing. I have to go with something close to 32" for the plow mount to work with them. They only have 2 set of holes for adjusting the mount and they are 1.5 inches apart. It's either the factory tires at 29" or new ones at around 32", 31.7" should be close enough. The factory measures around 28.5" when in the Roxor. I don't want any wider, I lean towards the tall/skinny thinking for where I drive. Not sure which tire yet, but I like those. I haven't come across them here yet.

This is a good site for comparing tire size.

Tire Size Comparison

I just ordered these. 235 85r16. They are the same width as the stock tires but 31.7” tall. I also installed some 1 1/2” wheel spacers to give it a little wider stance. Will post pictures when I get them on. View attachment 3686View attachment 3686
Congrats for your new rubber, they look great for the job!
The size you opted for (235 X85R16) has the exact height of the 7.50X16, being just a little wider.

Last edited:

Jeepish

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
That's the size I'm looking at if/when I change. I want a second set of rims in case I need my factory ones for plowing. I have to go with something close to 32" for the plow mount to work with them. They only have 2 set of holes for adjusting the mount and they are 1.5 inches apart. It's either the factory tires at 29" or new ones at around 32", 31.7" should be close enough. The factory measures around 28.5" when in the Roxor. I don't want any wider, I lean towards the tall/skinny thinking for where I drive. Not sure which tire yet, but I like those. I haven't come across them here yet.

This is a good site for comparing tire size.

Tire Size Comparison
Been looking at these tires for a while and perelli has a $70 mail in rebate on these. They are only $123.00 each with free shipping before the mail in rebate so I figured I couldn’t go wrong.

JoeMc

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #

Jeepish

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Congrats for your new rubber, they look great for the job!
The size you opted for (235 X85R16) has the exact height of the 7.50X16, being just a little wider.
Thanks! Considered the tires you have too. They do look nice on your machine.

JoeMc

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Check these out, don't know if this is what you are looking for? I like them.

B

Bister

Been looking at these tires for a while and perelli has a $70 mail in rebate on these. They are only $123.00 each with free shipping before the mail in rebate so I figured I couldn’t go wrong.
Maybe for you. lol

I can't even find them online, and they will never be free shipping for me to Canada.

B

Bister

PIRELLI® - SCORPION MUD WITH WHITE LETTERING

Don’t know if they’ll ship to Canada but this is where I ordered them from.
Thanks. I'll bookmark that. I can always get them shipped to Noonan ND and get a friend to pick them up when I am ready and if I can get a set of steel rims. I'm not in a hurry. Thanks.

EDIT: Make sure to post up some pics and how you like them. I'm curious of the actual height on the Roxor also. Thanks again.

Edit2: $545 just for shipping to Canada. lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeepish

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Thanks. I'll bookmark that. I can always get them shipped to Noonan ND and get a friend to pick them up when I am ready and if I can get a set of steel rims. I'm not in a hurry. Thanks.

EDIT: Make sure to post up some pics and how you like them. I'm curious of the actual height on the Roxor also. Thanks again.

Edit2: $545 just for shipping to Canada. lol
Damn that’s more than the tires!

Edit: I’d just about drive them up there to you for that. (Not in the Roxor of course)

B

Bister

Damn that’s more than the tires!

Edit: I’d just about drive them up there to you for that. (Not in the Roxor of course)
Yeah, shipping gets goofy on some stuff coming from the States. If the seller has shipping set up, it's Ok, but otherwise they go full price FedEx etc, then it's not worth it. I do get some stuff shipped to a small town in ND and my nephew picks it up and brings it across, but I hate bothering him. Lots of border towns have a place that will receive your stuff (for a few bucks cash) and wait for you to pick it up.

Jeepish

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Finally got the new Pirelli’s on today. Haven’t had a chance to try them out yet but they fit good and I really like the way they look.
05301A97-B3B4-4839-9CD3-14D8E758BE08.jpeg

Woodsman74881

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I put Goodyear Wrangler Authorities 245/75 on mine. They look very similar. I see your bumper does not have much sweep on the ends. My factory bumper has more sweep, I had to notch the bumper to keep wheels from touching bumper in extreme down position when going through ditches.Roxor 15.jpgRoxor 16.jpg

Bobby

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I replaced to stock BFG KO2 with stock size BFG KM3. However they do rub in extreme turns. What to do to stop this, but maximize turning radius?

Wayout

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I didn’t adjust my steering stops from the factory setting and it doesn’t touch anywhere. Turning radius is not very good but it doesn’t bother me much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indy4570

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Finally got the new Pirelli’s on today. Haven’t had a chance to try them out yet but they fit good and I really like the way they look. View attachment 3785

I have to say I like the way your whole rig looks. that green grabs me. The only more desired color would be the gloss dark olive you see on the old Dodge M37 trucks

Tinfoil Hat

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
you know you want a roxor bad when you are already shopping for tires 10 months before you can buy the rig :(
I did the same thing my friend! Once I finally got it... It was even better, hang in there!