ooooooooooo

Most important upgrades in order of importance.

InfRoxor

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Hi everybody,

im curious what everybody thinks is the most important upgrades to our Roxor in order of importance.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Research and learn what most people want to try and figure out was done years ago. Don’t try and reinvent the wheel but rather learn from history and mod accordingly. A lot of the old flatty tech applies to the roxor.

roxor specific:
do the tune to gain power and speed
Suspension. Either shocks and/or springs. Max‘s kit is best for ride. The spring overs have issues with spring life when wheeled. learn from those that came before us. lift springs help over stock, but longer YJ springs help even more.
check fluid levels and use appropriate fluids and repack front wheel bearings.
wheel it, drive it. Enjoy it.

InfRoxor

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Research and learn what most people want to try and figure out was done years ago. Don’t try and reinvent the wheel but rather learn from history and mod accordingly. A lot of the old flatty tech applies to the roxor.

roxor specific:
do the tune to gain power and speed
Suspension. Either shocks and/or springs. Max‘s kit is best for ride. The spring overs have issues with spring life when wheeled. learn from those that came before us. lift springs help over stock, but longer YJ springs help even more.
check fluid levels and use appropriate fluids and repack front wheel bearings.
wheel it, drive it. Enjoy it.
As a new owner, I’m looking for a consensus to prioritize most needed upgrades. It is important for me to spend what money I do have on Things that matter. Thank you for your recommendations.

OffRoad709

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Check all fluid levels most come low
Shock upgrade
Winch
Egr Delete
Windshield
Tune if you need more power / speed , not everyone needs this depends on what you need

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
All of these are good ideas, remember this will also drive the msrp up. One of the things that attracted me to the roxor originally was the diesel and the affordable price.

Wm435

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Hi everybody,

im curious what everybody thinks is the most important upgrades to our Roxor in order of importance.
My opinion from most important to least

**check all fluids along with grease zerks ensure it's properly greased up**

1) intake correction kit for boost
2)ecm tune
3)windshield
4)turn signals
5)Locking hubs
6)high flow air filter
7)RX41 turbo
8)intercooler
9)radiator fan
10)clutch

nomadsnj

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
My opinion from most important to least

**check all fluids along with grease zerks ensure it's properly greased up**

1) intake correction kit for boost
2)ecm tune
3)windshield
4)turn signals
5)Locking hubs
6)high flow air filter
7)RX41 turbo
8)intercooler
9)radiator fan
10)clutch
I haven’t seen adjusting the steering limiting bolts. Free to do, and improved my turning radius from poor to just bad…

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I worked on a 2022 it looks like the intake correction piece comes standard now. But the one I worked in didn't come with the red skid plate for the oil pan. Shocks will greatly improve ride quality

Lebers driven

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
With these vehicles coming with open differentials, I would consider getting different tires if you expect to be in low traction areas

doschewy

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have a 2022 and in my opinion just because the gear ratio is very low, I would would put 33” tires on it to get the rpm’s down. That’s the first thing I would do

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
The gear ratio is perfect if u do alot of wheeling. That granny gear will climb a wall.

InfRoxor

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I have a 2022 and in my opinion just because the gear ratio is very low, I would would put 33” tires on it to get the rpm’s down. That’s the first thing I would do
Would you put that on a 16” original rim?

Wm435

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Would you put that on a 16” original rim?
I know the question was intended for another member on the chat. Though, Doschewy is spot on in regards to bigger tires/lower RPMs. I have the 5.38 gears like you, they sucked with the factory tires. Once I put 33s on my factory rims it massively changed the look of Roxor, and lowered the RPMs drastically, especially when I drive on the highway going 65 mph for hours at a time. Just one small little price you must pay, and that is the turning radius; however, worth the cost in my opinion.

I want to experiment with 35s on my Roxor as I am more than halfway done with the first set of tires. I am unsure as to how much more of a piss-poor turning radius with 35s; however, getting a nicer rise off the ground is a bonus, and I know the RPMs will go down even more. Yes, 35s has more weight, though, from the harsh city conditions and long continuous hours of 2800-2900 RPMs in 5 gear & 20k road miles driven, I feel a Roxor should be able to handle those 35s and with minimal or even no extra wear & tear. Though to run 35s just an extra minor mod would be needed, I heard you must reduce your full lock on your steering wheel, I hope I am saying that right.

To run 33s or 35s your going to need to do a shackle lift, Wade from DF has them