ooooooooooo

Advice on Placement of Front Facing LEDs

Togo

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
We enjoy trail riding on our farm at night so I’d like to be able to see where we are going but don’t necessarily need or want to light up the whole farm.
I’m getting ready to add front facing LEDs to my Roxor. I need advise on where to place the LEDs to be most effective and cause the amount of glare and interference with forward vision.
I'm considering some combination of roof top, windshield pillars and or winch fairlead roller.

DesertRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have found that a roof mount light bar set back behind the windshield just a bit is the most effective for me. It reduces glare in my opinion.

B

Bister

I never got the factory light bar cause I don't like the way it lights up the hood. It needs to be set back farther to avoid that. I was quite happy with the factory head lights for most of my driving but I did come across 2 small LED's from a friend and mounted them up a bit above the bumper. They add a nice bit of coverage. I don't like anything that lights up the hood, too much glare; so it has to be roof and mounted back a bit to shade the hood or front bumper area for me.

B0A6F486-83E2-4FB3-A172-87C3DC436690.jpeg

Togo

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Thanks for your advice. It’s had to know what I want without experience in this vehicle.
We’ve been using 4 wheelers with small LEDs on the front.

TheFurnace

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
We enjoy trail riding on our farm at night so I’d like to be able to see where we are going but don’t necessarily need or want to light up the whole farm.
I’m getting ready to add front facing LEDs to my Roxor. I need advise on where to place the LEDs to be most effective and cause the amount of glare and interference with forward vision.
I'm considering some combination of roof top, windshield pillars and or winch fairlead roller.
I mounted kc lights on the A-pillar...I went with the spot light beam...works really good.

Togo

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Thanks, Furnace. Do you get much glare off the hood?
Did you route your wire harness around the pillar?

75f250

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Well Togo, if your putting led lights on the front like Bister. You can save some wiring time by installing a rocker switch to the light bar switch harness under the dashimage.jpg and tie the light into the plug on the fenderimage.jpg. You can use ether plug on the front fenders as they both have power with the rocker switch turned on. Then there’s no added wiring to route or extra fuses and relays as you would be using the existing relay and fuse. The black wire on the fender plug is ground and the white wire with green stripe is power for lights

Last edited:

Togo

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Wow, great advice. This will make the job so much easier. Thanks, you saved me a lot of time and expense. I had no idea that switch controls those outlets too. I will use that for my fairlead led. I got an led/ sound bar harness and rocker switch from Sherwood that will run my roof bar and rear facing leds. Im planning on putting a switch on the sound bar wiring.

I’ve also figured out there is an extra switched power wire to the rear light harness that is controlled by the prewired rear and side LED blank rocker on the bash. I’m guessing it is the green with a white stripe. Can’t confirm as I haven’t put a switch or tester on it yet.

Last edited:

75f250

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
No problem, also if your going with the roof light. You can tap into the plug under the passenger side dash to supply power to the roof light by tapping into the yellow wire if u have a heater installed or the white with green stripe wire. Again black is groundA95ECEF5-329C-4FB5-9FD4-AB7BCA6FA03E.jpeg. The rocker switch wiring is image.jpg black is switch light ground, green with white stripe is switch light power, black with pink stripe is accessories power in, white with green stripe is accessories power out

Togo

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Thanks so much for all the incredible information. I am truly appreciative.

Bosn

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I never got the factory light bar cause I don't like the way it lights up the hood. It needs to be set back farther to avoid that. I was quite happy with the factory head lights for most of my driving but I did come across 2 small LED's from a friend and mounted them up a bit above the bumper. They add a nice bit of coverage. I don't like anything that lights up the hood, too much glare; so it has to be roof and mounted back a bit to shade the hood or front bumper area for me.

View attachment 6570

View attachment 6570

View attachment 6570
Try led headlights work great for me

B

Bister

Try led headlights work great for me
Yep, that would probably be my next option. I rarely drive at night. The most I have to do is 1 mile of known trail and 3 miles of gravel road to get back to town from my shack. And the last mile I can’t use the LEDs cause it’s coming into town. The stock headlights are way better than what my old Rhino had. Lol

Once I put my hardtop on, I might move my old Light bar from my Rhino over and place it farther back so the hood is shaded. I hate the hood being lit up. I’m not using the Rhino anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheFurnace

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Thanks, Furnace. Do you get much glare off the hood?
Did you route your wire harness around the pillar?
No glare because of the spot light version...I drilled through the body and ran the wiring through...the install wasn't bad...