ooooooooooo

Most important upgrades in order of importance.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
If you ever drive off-road think twice about adjusting the steering stops. They are adjusted the way they are at factory to prevent the banjo bolts on the brake calipers from hitting the shocks during articulation and turning. You can damage the shocks and banjo bolts/brake lines and lose braking as a result. This is especially important to consider if you disconnect or remove the sway bar.

Wm435

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
If you ever drive off-road think twice about adjusting the steering stops. They are adjusted the way they are at factory to prevent the banjo bolts on the brake calipers from hitting the shocks during articulation and turning. You can damage the shocks and banjo bolts/brake lines and lose braking as a result. This is especially important to consider if you disconnect or remove the sway bar.
Is there an upgrade available for a sway bar?

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Not that I’m aware of nor is one needed. Some put disconnects on the links and others like myself just remove them and leave it off

TomRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
1. Skids plates
2. 33” tires w either rims or spacers
3. CJ Windshield

doschewy

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Would you put that on a 16” original rim?
I did 60A33FF3-3AAE-4761-A966-BD262F3D92EB.jpeg

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
It wouldn't make the highways better tolerated with the winds?
Not really in a leaf spring vehicle. Maybe if your driving like an idiot you might feel a difference but for most I doubt you’d feel a quantifiable difference

Wm435

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Not really in a leaf spring vehicle. Maybe if your driving like an idiot you might feel a difference but for most I doubt you’d feel a quantifiable difference
Thanks for that awesome simple answer

TomRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
In the previous century the sway bar was an option for the first time in ‘78 on the CJ -7.

I had a 77 Cj-5 with a 360. Drove 10’s of thousands of miles In that thing, I didn’t even know what a sway bar was, I lived.
from WW2 to the late 70’s there was no such thing as a sway bar on a CJ

07/09/1966

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
My opinion from most important to least

**check all fluids along with grease zerks ensure it's properly greased up**

1) intake correction kit for boost
2)ecm tune
3)windshield
4)turn signals
5)Locking hubs
6)high flow air filter
7)RX41 turbo
8)intercooler
9)radiator fan
10)clutch
what grease zerks ???

itsaroxorthing

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Can’t imagine hours of running at 28-2900 rpm with the engine clattering away.The first thing I would do to a new Roxor is get rid of that HIDEOUS front end and go back to the old school original of the first generation!

Wm435

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Can’t imagine hours of running at 28-2900 rpm with the engine clattering away.The first thing I would do to a new Roxor is get rid of that HIDEOUS front end and go back to the old school original of the first generation!
I felt the same way about the front end, but it grew on me for sure

The repair manual stated the torque band with ranges from 2000k to 3500k rpms, I don't like pushing it past 2900k rpms

I wouldn't dare to put a big tune, like a stage 2 tune from DF with zero parts upgrade and then run it at 5th gear at 2900 RPMs. The radiator Temps will sky rocket like crazy after 50miles on the highway

Last edited:

Wm435

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
W
I worked on a 2022 it looks like the intake correction piece comes standard now. But the one I worked in didn't come with the red skid plate for the oil pan. Shocks will greatly improve ride quality
What kind of intake correction kit does it come stock with? I'm curious more than anything ?