ooooooooooo

Max’s Roxor Build

Max A.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Max, are you going to sell the spring hangers for the YJ springs? Not sure if it was mentioned in the previous 5 pages.

Yes, you should definitely read through. There is a bunch of info in here about the kit and a few different ways it could be offered. It’s definitely a little more involved then a kit that’s just for looks like a spring over.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Yes, you should definitely read through. There is a bunch of info in here about the kit and a few different ways it could be offered. It’s definitely a little more involved then a kit that’s just for looks like a spring over.

I've re-read it all. I'm not wanting it for looks. I want functionality over appearance. I found some BDS springs that are a 2" lift. Any idea on what you're going to sell the kits for?

Max A.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I've re-read it all. I'm not wanting it for looks. I want functionality over appearance. I found some BDS springs that are a 2" lift. Any idea on what you're going to sell the kits for?

Trying to keep it below 500.

Max A.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Been a while since I posted an update.

More power!

The Roxor has been tuned by Wade at Diesel Freak. It has been an absolutely wonderful experience working with him. Only a few days till I had the ECU back. He did a hot tune and dropped the idle RPM down a little for crawling, upped the boost slightly and now will be adding his turbo connection kit retaining the grid heater. I do plan to use an intercooler down the road but want to make sure the money is there to finish the build before I go adding extras. I’m now working with Wade to find the best clutch combination for my use.

Steering:

I sent the Toyota knuckles out to a machine shop. I’m having custom flat steering arms made and having them keyed into the knuckle so that the 4 studs on top are only holding the arm on. All the steering force will go through the keyway.

Roll Cage:

I purchased a YJ windshield and mounts from a friends and it pretty much bolted right up after cutting some of the extra off the hinges. The new cage will be lowered to the height of the windshield and will be built to accept a Jeep bikini top.

I made these plates to tie the windshield into the new cage. ($25 if anyone needs a set)

IMG_1338.jpg

Armor:

Today I got a BIG box from On The Rox. A full set of tube fenders! .120 wall DOM tubing. Surely this kit will take a beating. The rear fenders include wrap around steel tub gaurds. This is going to be key to the tire carrier I plan on building off of the Cecco racing bumper I got from Rick.

I believe On The Rox does plan on producing this kit sometime soon.

IMG_1353.jpg

DesertRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Really looking forward to seeing your roll cage and how it hooks into the YJ windshield. I'm really interested in trying this combo on my Roxor. Did you have to modify the windshield at all?

Max A.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Really looking forward to seeing your roll cage and how it hooks into the YJ windshield. I'm really interested in trying this combo on my Roxor. Did you have to modify the windshield at all?

Similar to the way I built this simple yj cage. The Roxor cage will be much more substantial but same concept for the windshield. That way it’s easy to swap out for a new one every time I roll the roxor.

93C8568E-A0EC-49C9-B3D8-9FFF1C9A46AE.jpg

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
You forgot the flame job on that armor.

Max A.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
You forgot the flame job on that armor.

I was wondering if anyone would notice! Yes, Dana did showcase his grinder skills on the inside of the armor. The guys at On The Rox are awesome.

Lwhite5

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
[mention]Spanky [/mention] I’ll sell it eventually. It will be more of a fabricators kit than a complete kit. I think for most doing just the front yj springs with 2.5 lift and a rear 1.5 shackle lift will be the best option for the everyday tinkerer. No welding needed and you still get the improvement of the front springs.

I would be interested in that lift.

As seen here...

View attachment 6327

Bob R

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Coldweather8
I think the back bumper will look great when painted. It will blend in with the Tube Fenders, and Tube Rock Guards.
It looks stout enough to put a Hi-Lift under with no problem.

The build keeps getting better and better.

Bob R

Max A.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
My custom high steer arms and knuckles are back from the machinist. Front range offroad did a killer job keying these into the knuckle.
d69be9b452b700b09ed80eb0500d99bf.jpg

09473d21dbc7c15615ce9b190691acd1.jpg

a8875b86ca853a27e2c1333a729cefdb.jpg