ooooooooooo

Looking for a 2020 Review

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Folks with a 2020 MR. How do you like the 5.38 gears? Would you rather have the 3.73 gearing like the previous MY's had? What do you use your roxor for?

I am holding out for a 2020+ for the lower gears. But from what I've read elsewhere, not everyone likes the super low ratio. My primary use once I get one is getting my 2 kids outdoors and on the trails. No need for taking it on the highway, that's what my pickup is for.

Max A.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
You’re definitely going to want the 5.38s

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Collin S.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Folks with a 2020 MR. How do you like the 5.38 gears? Would you rather have the 3.73 gearing like the previous MY's had? What do you use your roxor for?

I am holding out for a 2020+ for the lower gears. But from what I've read elsewhere, not everyone likes the super low ratio. My primary use once I get one is getting my 2 kids outdoors and on the trails. No need for taking it on the highway, that's what my pickup is for.
Good morning from California. I just bought a 2020 about 100 miles ago and couldn't be happier. Mine came with a factory lift, manual transmission and of course the 5.38 gearing. I never drove one with the 3.73 but I have only heard positive things for the change. I bought mine purely for recreation to enjoy with my wife and our two kids. Considering this will be driven primarily off road and used for launching our boat, the more low end torque the better. 1st and 2nd are super low which basically pulls you through anything even in 4x2. Shift to 4x4 and I find it nearly impossible to stall in 1st gear. I've installed warn hubs for flat tow, a windshield, back seat and belts for the kids, a bikini top, mirrors, hitch and a spare tire, essentially all for the kids comfort and safety. The factory lift is super stiff but looks awesome and gives it that much more capability. The only true complaint I have is the paint quality. Its shockingly thin so I keep it heavily waxed to protect it. If you have any other questions let me know.

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Thanks for the detailed response. That's perfect.

If you could do it all over again, would you still go with the factory lift, or would you do the YJ springs and a shackle lift?

Collin S.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Thanks for the detailed response. That's perfect.

If you could do it all over again, would you still go with the factory lift, or would you do the YJ springs and a shackle lift?
I would go with the factory lift. I'm a huge believer of keeping things as stock and factory designed as possible. There's a reason things are designed the way they are. A great example are the folks who want to tighten the factory set turning radius (which is terrible lol). I see a bunch of people switch it back due to issues. I just think everything works better when you don't mess with the engineering.