ooooooooooo

New guy looking for advice...

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
There was talk from Mahindra about offering an option. But it was all talk and nothing ever came from it. Jesse at TorqueKing started working on a kit when Covid hit and I don’t think he ever revisited the possibility of making it. You will find nothing that is a bolt on to make it work. I did a search in the Facebook group to find this so I could show y’all. The t case is a close clone but it isn’t the same internally.
2AD5C4BA-76E3-489E-9752-796A91F517D9.jpeg

Marengo Farmer

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I wouldn't be concerned about investing in a Roxor. My neighbors all bought into the sxs craze to work on their ranches. Every one of them is worn out in 1 to 2 years, with maybe 10K miles. For the same money, who cares if a Roxor dies at 20K? Why look at a Roxor purchase so differently? Why are consumers concerned about this ridiculous FCA lawsuit when Roxor has a laughably low bar to overcome? In my opinion FCAs major profit center is Ram trucks, who are also marketed at ranchers. They would be slitting their own throats to continue this litigation.

Marengo Farmer

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Additionally as far as dealer support, I have only had a few satisfactory repair experiences with ATV dealers. They are selling toys and do not seem too concerned that I need my machine for work. I have faith that my local Case IH and Mahindra tractor dealer will assist with whatever future needs may be.

Wm435

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Hi gang. I was very excited to see that the Roxor existed when I was looking for a side by side for our hobby farm. But then, I saw all of the lawsuit rigamorole. I have experience with old YJs but I wouldn't call myself even a hobby mechanic. It seems to me the largest risk to ownership is fixing these things with zero dealer support and almost nonexistent parts access. Did I sum that up about right?

My question for this group is: do you pretty much have to be prepared to DIY everything?

Thanks in advance for any mind dumps in this thread!

Darrell
Hey buddy I'm probably the "least" hands on person on this forum; I pay someone for about 90% of the work. However that 10% I end up still having to do granted it's very small stuff. That 10% I'm still responsible for is not by choice mind you. But it's definitely worth it if you love jeeps.

If you want a get in and go vehicle please shy away from the roxor at all expense

I drive it on a daily, it's really uncomfortable but starts every time I tell it to

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
There's a sense of pride in owning a Roxor. I've built mine up to where it's at now and it turns heads and drops jaws. I'm not into comfort or speed, these little jeeps are easier to build up than plastic belt driven SxS. I used to own a 85 CJ7 and it's fun getting back the pride in building a rig. Roxors are built for working they are built like a tractor, and many of us have built for working and playing. So they will hold up far better than any modern 4x4 in my opinion. My Roxor more resembles a CJ7 than a Rox. Enjoy the ride, enjoy the sights missed on go fast SXS and enjoy being able to have conversations with your passengers. The Roxor got back to how things used to be built when things lasted.

20220604_175140.jpg 20200104_183902.jpg 20201027_112914.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: lcp

us17094

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Probably not fully on topic here - but I was looking at the prices of the new SxS inventory at the Power Sports dealer where I bought my 2018 Roxor. I was finding four seaters that cost more than twice what I paid for my Roxor. I have been a very satisfied owner (somewhat lucky that my Power Sports dealer still sells and services Roxors) and am thrilled that I took a bit of a chance buying one when the value was unbeatable. I expect that my future grandkids will be able to drive my Roxor around. Finally - you just can't beat the experience of a fully manual transmission. While they have other features superior to the Roxor, no modern SxS offers a manual transmission.

Haerterich

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
@drh1965: I second what Dan H said. Engine is solid, but needs the tune. Any company selling tunes these days offers a great product. Go with the higher performance (some call that a stage 1, others a stage 2). Whatever is higher power, get it.

The CAT is either a left over of the Thar or was part of Mahindra trying to step closer to an actual commercial vehicle sale in the US. There were rumors at the time the Roxor was introduced that Mahindra was bidding on a vehicle for the US Postal Service. That obviously didn't go anywhere. So, I think it is a left over from the Thar. It was easier for Mahindra to just reuse the drive train.

As for the CAT and performance, save your time. Vivid Racing did a series of dyno tests early 2020 (with YouTube videos): With stock exhaust and CAT, bigger exhaust with high-flow muffler and without CAT, stratight dump pipe after the turbo. There were pretty much only single digit HP and torque differences. I thought that was a pretty honest thing to even post the video series in the first place.
The videos are long gone. Vivid is still selling the bigger diameter exhaust with high-flow muffler (I think).
ok, this just really drives me nuts. Diesel motors do not have a cat, they have a PMF, particulate matter filter. and vivid racing is correct they are free flowing, until they get plugged and become restrictive. My family has four eco diesels, two trucks and two grand cherokees and even with the regen to clean the PMF we have had to have the cleaned out with an acid to get the ash out. Yes they reached the point the motor would not run due to the restriction. Remove that dam thing! over time it will become plugged.

OffRoad709

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I wouldn't be concerned about investing in a Roxor. My neighbors all bought into the sxs craze to work on their ranches. Every one of them is worn out in 1 to 2 years, with maybe 10K miles. For the same money, who cares if a Roxor dies at 20K? Why look at a Roxor purchase so differently? Why are consumers concerned about this ridiculous FCA lawsuit when Roxor has a laughably low bar to overcome? In my opinion FCAs major profit center is Ram trucks, who are also marketed at ranchers. They would be slitting their own throats to continue this litigation.
I know some of the mines up this way bought roxors because the side by side weren't lasting and they have had no problems with the roxors so far