ooooooooooo

Lift options

YC Powersports

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I am looking for a simple spring over kit that will fit the Roxor. I am needing more ground clearance, but to get that I need bigger tires and to get that I need room for those tires. Does anybody know what series jeep the Roxor suspension came from? Im thinking 3inch lift should clear 35s.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Going spring over will net you way more lift than 3". It also creates several other issues that generally end up using hack fixes as workarounds. The non-hack fixes to these problems usually end up being decently costly. IMO it's a decent rear solution, but not a great front solution.

I don't know of a company that has moved on this market with a complete kit, yet. Knowing the front rake of the vehicle, I bet a company can release a kit based on 33" tires with only a front spring and shocks (and maybe sway bar end links).

Likely if you wanted a kit based on 35" tires, you'd need a bit more involved kit: 4 springs and shocks, end links, brake lines, drag link, potentially drive shafts.

YC Powersports

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Thanks for the response jrobz23. I dont mind spending the money, just want to know what model CJ the suspension is from. It will eventually be linked and coiled on 40s. Just need something for our showroom model to clear bigger tires.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The spring widths match the YJ but neither the fronts nor the rears match the lengths of the YJ. I do not have an XJ handy to see if the rear lengths line up. The ROXOR front is shorter than the rear. I don't know the spring widths of the later FSJs.

I wish I had more info for ya. One of the first things I did was see if YJ spring packs would swap. They wont unless you wanted to plan out what arch you wanted to be at and shoehorn a pack in there.

dmhbc

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
We have 4" lift kits that will be ready to ship next week. The kit will include custom 4" lift springs, n2 shocks, transfer case drop, and extended brake lines. No fabrication required! Some details on the suspension differences that I discovered while building the kit. The front springs are an odd ball length and width. The rear springs are the same dimensions as a cj7 but with different mounting hardware and hole size on the spring due to the greasable bolt that comes on the Roxor springs. The pittman arm is the same dimensions as a power steering cj pittman arm but the wide splines are male on the Roxor and female on an original cj however the steering seems to be fine without a drop pittman arm with the 4" lift. The transfer case drop is the same as a cj7, and the sway bar links are as well. Extended brake lines are required in the front with anything past 2". We plan on offering the On the Rox shackle as a leveling option to be used with our lift or without for those that want a level ride. We will also have an axle flip kit available soon. If anyone has questions give me a shout.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
We have 4" lift kits that will be ready to ship next week. The kit will include custom 4" lift springs, n2 shocks, transfer case drop, and extended brake lines. No fabrication required! Some details on the suspension differences that I discovered while building the kit. The front springs are an odd ball length and width. The rear springs are the same dimensions as a cj7 but with different mounting hardware and hole size on the spring due to the greasable bolt that comes on the ROXOR springs. The pittman arm is the same dimensions as a power steering cj pittman arm but the wide splines are male on the ROXOR and female on an original cj however the steering seems to be fine without a drop pittman arm with the 4" lift. The transfer case drop is the same as a cj7, and the sway bar links are as well. Extended brake lines are required in the front with anything past 2". We plan on offering the On the Rox shackle as a leveling option to be used with our lift or without for those that want a level ride. We will also have an axle flip kit available soon. If anyone has questions give me a shout.

Any pics?

Can longer driveshafts be used in lieu of a tcase drop? Drag link changes required?

dmhbc

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
We are working on a video today that should be posted before we leave tomorrow. Driveshafts would be another way to go, and nothing modified on the drag link.

quickshot

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
We have 4" lift kits that will be ready to ship next week. The kit will include custom 4" lift springs, n2 shocks, transfer case drop, and extended brake lines. No fabrication required! Some details on the suspension differences that I discovered while building the kit. The front springs are an odd ball length and width. The rear springs are the same dimensions as a cj7 but with different mounting hardware and hole size on the spring due to the greasable bolt that comes on the Roxor springs. The pittman arm is the same dimensions as a power steering cj pittman arm but the wide splines are male on the Roxor and female on an original cj however the steering seems to be fine without a drop pittman arm with the 4" lift. The transfer case drop is the same as a cj7, and the sway bar links are as well. Extended brake lines are required in the front with anything past 2". We plan on offering the On the Rox shackle as a leveling option to be used with our lift or without for those that want a level ride. We will also have an axle flip kit available soon. If anyone has questions give me a shout.
are the 4' kits ready to ship? -----axle flip kit ready? What is the contact phone number for ordering?

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I'd avoid tcase drops, spring over, and any 'lift shackles'.

I'd be interested if someone made a 2.5" lift (+ front level) spring kit with shocks, sway bar links, brake lines, driveshafts, and length balanced drag link. I understand this is not a cheap method, but it will provide the most OEM fit kit.

Bfree

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I posted this earlier in another thread about lift kits "I live close to SkyJacker Lifts (Monroe, LA.) and so I stopped by there last week to ask about lift options and if they had one that would fit the Roxor. They had never even heard of the Roxor much less tried to put a lift on it. They were getting ready for the SEMA show at the end of October and said that they would be glad to look at the Roxor after that in November to see if can be retro fitted with what they already make or if there needs to be some mods to them and even build one from scratch if need be. I said I should have mine by then and offered it up as a guinea pig. They said great will look forward to doing a build out in Nov. So stay tuned.!!!!!!

Rstan45

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
How would we contact you?

Shortbus

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
That’s what I was wondering we’re all sitting around waiting for somebody to come out with a lift. I know there is a shackle reversal kit out but I read a lot of good and bad on their reviews so not sure about that one. RXRperformance is supposed to be coming out with one pretty quick.

dmhbc

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Sorry for the slow response guys... I have been on leave for the past month. I work at Hattiesburg Cycles, and we do have lift kits available with different options available. The first couple that we did were a straight 4" front and rear. I am doing 6" front and 4" rear for a more leveled stance on the upcoming batch, and I also have some front leveling springs that should be available next week. If you have any questions call Brittany at 6015828611. I will be glad to talk with you as well however my availability is limited. I can be reached by email at david@hattiesburgcycles.com. Again I am very for the slow response.

General

Founding Member
I'm encouraged that businesses are coming into this market, but $800 for +2" front springs and shocks is pretty steep. This isn't new technology, and there's practically zero Research and Development costs. CJ kits are $300-400 for one end. In time the price will come down, like everything, but right now Hattiesburg Cycles has some exclusivity that will attract certain early, high-profit customers. For me though, I'll wait a few months and save a few hundred bucks. @dmhbc message me when we're at $400 and I'll buy it :D

dmhbc

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I'm encouraged that businesses are coming into this market, but $800 for +2" front springs and shocks is pretty steep. This isn't new technology, and there's practically zero Research and Development costs. CJ kits are $300-400 for one end. In time the price will come down, like everything, but right now Hattiesburg Cycles has some exclusivity that will attract certain early, high-profit customers. For me though, I'll wait a few months and save a few hundred bucks. @dmhbc message me when we're at $400 and I'll buy it :D

The front springs are unique to this machine, and that is the majority of the expense. When there are cheaper imported options available then you will see cheaper lifts from distributors that sell the 300-400 kits that you are referring to.

quickshot

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Sorry for the slow response guys... I have been on leave for the past month. I work at Hattiesburg Cycles, and we do have lift kits available with different options available. The first couple that we did were a straight 4" front and rear. I am doing 6" front and 4" rear for a more leveled stance on the upcoming batch, and I also have some front leveling springs that should be available next week. If you have any questions call Brittany at 6015828611. I will be glad to talk with you as well however my availability is limited. I can be reached by email at david@hattiesburgcycles.com. Again I am very for the slow response.
What lift kits are available now? costs? thanks