ooooooooooo

Lift options

General

Founding Member
So smart! How does it handle? Did the shackle bolts need swapping? What did you have to do other than swapping the plates?

Jeepish

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
So smart! How does it handle? Did the shackle bolts need swapping? What did you have to do other than swapping the plates?
Bolts, nuts and washers are the same front and back. Rides the same as far as I can tell. Might have changed the pinion angle a little but should be very minimal at 1/2”. All I did was jack up the rear until the bolts slid out easily, put jack stands under it, then jacked up the front and swapped them out. Took 15 minutes tops.

Jeepish

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Bolts, nuts and washers are the same front and back. Rides the same as far as I can tell. Might have changed the pinion angle a little but should be very minimal at 1/2”. All I did was jack up the rear until the bolts slid out easily, put jack stands under it, then jacked up the front and swapped them out. Took 15 minutes tops.
A3C11689-7754-4937-A44F-4281057BF678.jpeg

Cobra1169

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Jeepish, what size tires are you running on your beautiful rig??? How does it ride now vs. stock? Thanks

Jeepish

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Jeepish, what size tires are you running on your beautiful rig??? How does it ride now vs. stock? Thanks
The tires in this pic are stock. I have on order some pirelli scorpion mud tires in 235 85 r16 to mount on the stock rims. In inches that’s 31.7”x 9.3”. Same width as stock but 3” taller roughly. I plan on posting pictures in mud tire option thread next week when I get them put on.
As far as the ride, the rig is basically stock except for an add leaf in the front along with swapping the front and rear shackles. It rides a little stiffer with the add leaf but not that noticeable really. In total the front is lifted about 2 1/2”.
Thanks for the compliment and welcome to the forum. You will find some very valuable info about the Roxor here.

Cobra1169

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
The tires in this pic are stock. I have on order some pirelli scorpion mud tires in 235 85 r16 to mount on the stock rims. In inches that’s 31.7”x 9.3”. Same width as stock but 3” taller roughly. I plan on posting pictures in mud tire option thread next week when I get them put on.
As far as the ride, the rig is basically stock except for an add leaf in the front along with swapping the front and rear shackles. It rides a little stiffer with the add leaf but not that noticeable really. In total the front is lifted about 2 1/2”.
Thanks for the compliment and welcome to the forum. You will find some very valuable info about the Roxor here.

Jeepish

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Are you still using wheel spacers with this revised setup?
I have 1 1/2” wheel spacers yes. Thinking of going to a 2” wheel spacers but I’m going to wait to see what happens when I get the new tires put on. Right now the wheels are still inside of the outside edge of the fender flares by about a half inch. Tires will be here Monday.

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
@ Haerterich
I'm trying to decide what to to with my Roxor: add-a-leaf front and back, new spring pack front and add-a-leaf back, shackles, shackle reversal. Would you mind correcting / confirming what I understand after reading your (really helpful) posts, please:
1. Add-a-leaf:
- 13120 adds about 2" lift
- caster does not change
- Need to adjust draglink to straighten steering wheel
- no need to adjust TC height (drive shaft lengths and angles acceptable)
- no need for longer front brake lines (unless adding longer shock)

2. Shackles
- can add 1.5" - 2"
- change caster, require shim on front axle
- no need for longer front brake lines (unless adding longer shock

3. Shackle reversal (On the Rox)
- Do you know what changes / adjustment would need to be made with the shackle reversal kit?

Channon Neal

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
We have 4" lift kits that will be ready to ship next week. The kit will include custom 4" lift springs, n2 shocks, transfer case drop, and extended brake lines. No fabrication required! Some details on the suspension differences that I discovered while building the kit. The front springs are an odd ball length and width. The rear springs are the same dimensions as a cj7 but with different mounting hardware and hole size on the spring due to the greasable bolt that comes on the Roxor springs. The pittman arm is the same dimensions as a power steering cj pittman arm but the wide splines are male on the Roxor and female on an original cj however the steering seems to be fine without a drop pittman arm with the 4" lift. The transfer case drop is the same as a cj7, and the sway bar links are as well. Extended brake lines are required in the front with anything past 2". We plan on offering the On the Rox shackle as a leveling option to be used with our lift or without for those that want a level ride. We will also have an axle flip kit available soon. If anyone has questions give me a shout.

Hello I would like to purchase one of these kits if possible. Can you give me some more information? Channon.neal@gmail.com

Haerterich

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
sorry i have been very busy.

@ Haerterich
I'm trying to decide what to to with my Roxor: add-a-leaf front and back, new spring pack front and add-a-leaf back, shackles, shackle reversal. Would you mind correcting / confirming what I understand after reading your (really helpful) posts, please:
1. Add-a-leaf:
- 13120 adds about 2" lift
- caster does not change
- no need for longer front brake lines (unless adding longer shock)

2. Shackles
- can add 1.5" - 2"
- change caster, require shim on front axle
- no need for longer front brake lines (unless adding longer shock

3. Shackle reversal (On the Rox)
- Do you know what changes / adjustment would need to be made with the shackle reversal kit?

sorry i have been very busy.

Question:
1) that is correct, you can do the "add a leaf" and nothing else. As far as the drag link goes only necessary if you think the steering wheel is off more than you like.

2) any time you use shackels to lift you will affect pinion angle, and caster. so yes you would need degree shims. The TC height does not need to be changed, the shims i used will work fine. Drag link same as above. No brake line change is needed until you add longer shocks.

3) Not a fan, i have been in jeeps with the reversal kits, they always seem like the front wants to dart to the left and right, have never liked them. However i have not installed a kit so maybe the guys that did the work didn't set them up right, Now the ones you are looking at is a very well thought out kit, and very well built. Maybe someone on the site has more informed info on them.

Now with what i did to my Roxor, i was able to reach my goal of 33" tires. I use the BFG Mud Terrain, 255/80/R16, right on the stock rims. I have zero rub, the only thing i had to do was cut off some of the front bumper. I disconnected the front sway bar, put jack under leaf spring mount and raised the rotor until the other front tire came off the ground and cut until the tires cleared lock to lock. So if anyone is curious about tire size this lift an tire size fits great This is the end result.

IMG_4164.JPG

Now lets clear somethings up:

TC drops......BS!!!!! If you lift you toy then drop the TC you lose ground clearance at the cross member, you will increase the upward angle of the front drive shaft witch will mean you will need to lower the front pinion angle and screw up your caster. People don't do this, i have removed TC drops on several jeeps and adjusted the pinion and caster angles without any problems. Just requires the correct angles and drive shafts.

Drive shafts, I just watch a YOUTUBE video of a guy installing 2.5" inch exhaust on his Roxor, he has it lifted pretty high and add tires just like tractors have. Whats this got to do with drive shafts? Well in the video you can see the slip yoke on his front drive shaft, not good, you can see the splines. Both front and rear dirve shafts have about 2.5" to 2.25" of movement. I have measured mine at ride height, the front has just a little more then 1 inch before it is at max extend, the rear is just under 2 inch to max extend. The point is with stock drive shafts be careful of how hight you lift.
If you max out the slip yoke you will need longer drive shafts.

Suspension articulation, the more arch in a leaf spring the less it can bend to allow side to side movement. This is one of the biggest reasons i chose to lift with a combnition of the shackles and add a leaf. I was able to keep very good articulation and get enough lift for what i wanted.

Lift springs, for people going this way be carful, look up leaf spring inversion. I bring this up because one set of lift springs on the market for us is at a hight risk of this happening.

That enough from me tonight.

RCF

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I just installed a new rough country 2.5 inch lift kit and I’m level front to rear and because it dropped the spring evenly front and rear ,caster was not effected rides just like before lift, shock relocation brackets and brake lines came with it started raining before I had a chance to take photos I’ll try to post some tommorow

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Without lifting, I mounted 255/85/16 tires on stock wheels. Added 1.5" spacers. When turning the wheels all the way, there is about 2" between rubber and body.
I removed the stock bumper since the curved and gets in the way of the tire.
I will check this weekend what clearance is when one wheel is elevated (on a curb) and tires turned.

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Add a leaf to level the front done. I had the 13120 added and the leaf that has the clamp riveted to it removed.

Result: exactly 2" additional lift measured at front bumper (I measured from a mark on the bumper to the floor before and after install). Looks very level now.

Ride quality: rides just like it did before. I drove the same roads for the before and after.

Spring stack: The mechanic installed the bottom two springs in a different order. A normal stack would go shortest (#1) to longest (#2) bottom to top. He installed the shortest in #2 position. Picture attached (view of spring pack rear of axle, passenger side). On the rear of the pack, the end of #2 does not touch #3 (picture). In the front, the end of #2 touches #3.
It is kind of like a "half leaf" I have seen added at the very top of a pack (never between leafes).
Swapping #1 and #2 looks unusual, but it rides nice and got the desired lift.

Anyone ever seen anything like this? Comments, thoughts?

20200109_213731.jpg

plumbstraight

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
My ch7 sagged a bit when I dropped in a 350 chev. All I did was put a set of coil over shocks on. It did the 2in I needed to level it. I am sure the same could be done with the RX for just to set it level. I did a 2in body lift off the frame on the CJ, Suspension other than that was left alone.