ooooooooooo

Is Mahindra in trouble?

B

Bister

My local Roxor dealer is selling all he can get, only has 3 left,looking to get more !
My dealer is trying to get his hands on anything he can. Not a lot left out there, he’s bought what he can so far.

Last edited by a moderator:

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Sure would , the whole pandemic has been botched beyond the pail, especially in the US. Canada is doing a much better job. Hell , I am having a hard time getting a Flu shot,they are always sold out,next week ! All this stuff is scary, us old timers have to be careful........if we want to keep shifting our Roxors !

SMF

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
With likely few exceptions, Roxor ownership does not come along with any particular scientific, medical or political expertise. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but just maybe a Roxor forum is best confined to the subject at hand. There's already enough other divisive stuff out there to blow us up. This place should remain a civil safe haven from that. My opinion.

Vinny

Supporting Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
With likely few exceptions, Roxor ownership does not come along with any particular scientific, medical or political expertise. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but just maybe a Roxor forum is best confined to the subject at hand. There's already enough other divisive stuff out there to blow us up. This place should remain a civil safe haven from that. My opinion.
Agree

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
My original point was all about how COVID 19 has created uncertainty,business wise,... There as a result we have shortages of not only daily consumption but all sorts of parts for our Mahindras. Lots of crazy knee jerks, scams, grifter bonanzas afloat, messing up the well laid plans of man and beast. The results will come about in due time, losers and yes a few winners. I am in the logistics business we see the future already, but it’s still no crystal ball by a long shot. Of course politics enters stage left.......right too these days. Ether way they all have a connection , the world will look a bit different a year from now, some for the good , some for the bad......it’s all going to be how we accept and adapt. The Roxors are not going away, if history is any ( always) judge eventually they will increase in value, diesel will be the last internal combustion power to exit the stage..........

oldgreybull

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
What SMF said - I fully agree, ad hominem attacks have no place here and only serve to discredit those who make them.

Realtywill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Back to the original question “Is Mahindra in trouble”. I don’t think so. They are way too big to be “in trouble” at this point. As far as Roxor, I’m taking MANA at their word they are sticking around. I hope and think they are sticking around. With that said, there’s absolutely no way I will be selling my Roxor because they pull out of the US or because it will be hard to find parts later. Most Roxor owners on here seem to be invested in Roxor no matter if they go or not. I waited almost two years for MANA to pay the California extortion fee to be able to sell Roxors here, then I bought the first one in California.
Just an observation- It does seem like some of the statements on here from previous Roxor owners almost seem to be trolling statements. Hope I’m wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Tractor sales seem to be reagional at best. We are a bit remote up here where very little will grow, too rocky by far.......However compact tractors are popular and orange leads the pack ,green follows. Mahindra not so popular. The Harley dealer has a lot of em. Everyone I have talked to were not impressed with them...too bad the compact tractor line is farmed out, Mahindra does not make the small tractors themselves....., so once again I think this Company has missed the market,not quite on target.......same for the Roxor it seems.

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner

Wow indeed. Bister has been posting everywhere that there's nothing to worry about while the American west coast is literally on fire, the Gulf Coast is getting hammered with one hurricane after another, and America is losing a 1000 citizens a day because of Covid 19. This is on top of the fact that MANA literally is making no money from vehicle sales of any kind right now. He does make a good point that none of us know what MANA executives are doing behind closed doors. Maybe they're planning to stick it out, maybe not. There's plenty of reasons to be skeptical, but Bister is claiming there are "no facts of course" to be concerned about. Wow, just wow.......

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner

I agree as well. I could have brought up a bunch of political facts to back up my concerns about the future of MANA but I left those out deliberately. I've seen many other forum sites go way downhill after they created sections for political discussions. Some members began posting some awfully racists garbage, and of course the advertisers on the site pulled out right after. Bister is claiming that those who are concerned about the future of MANA are being naive because their are not any facts to support their concerns. When you actually come back to the planet Earth it's pretty clear there's an overwhelming mountain of evidence that the future of MANA and the country is questionable at best. Bister's comments could be analogous to a Roxor owner driving their rig into a lake while the other drivers plead that he should check the depth of the lake first.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I agree as well. I could have brought up a bunch of political facts to back up my concerns about the future of MANA but I left those out deliberately. I've seen many other forum sites go way downhill after they created sections for political discussions. Some members began posting some awfully racists garbage, and of course the advertisers on the site pulled out right after. Bister is claiming that those who are concerned about the future of MANA are being naive because their are not any facts to support their concerns. When you actually come back to the planet Earth it's pretty clear there's an overwhelming mountain of evidence that the future of MANA and the country is questionable at best. Bister's comments could be analogous to a Roxor owner driving their rig into a lake while the other drivers plead that he should check the depth of the lake first.
I’ve seen those videos. The Roxor driver made it out A ok.

oldgreybull

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Wow, there's a lot to unpack there! But a couple of observations from my point of view, and yes I'm on planet earth.
  1. MANA may be big but it's not in the same league as "the country"
  2. The West coast is also not "the country". There are a few more folks living East of the Rockies; many are content, not angry, and can read and write well enough to have a basic understanding of economics and world events. A differing viewpoint does not make one naive; slinging insults does make one rude and boring.
  3. Beware of claims based on "overwhelming mountains of evidence" as grossly exaggerated sweeping statements are often camouflage for flimsy reasoning.
And can we please stop this pissing match and get back to engines, suspension and cool mods?

Bhayarock

So just my 2 cents in the last share holder meeting which I attended, mahindra announced that they will lean out their investments in under performing markets. South Korea, ?? and Australia were among them especially covid has hit them hard.

They put up their ssangyong vehicles up for sale, backed out of the usps truck contract, furloughed half of the mana work force, Kyle Maki including... to who ever thinks mana is not in trouble is I would say.. common its pretty evident. Overall they are doing ok and hoping to cash in on some sales on new wranglerish thar in india. But they want to cut their losses and in the report they showed in North America they were losing money fast so... they are in lean mode.. workforce cut. They mentioned they will cut investment into North America but did not specified by how much..may be just the designers and engineers planning on 2021 model but I will be very frank things are sketchy.

Tokarev

So just my 2 cents in the last share holder meeting which I attended, mahindra announced that they will lean out their investments in under performing markets. South Korea, and Australia were among them especially covid has hit them hard.

They put up their ssangyong vehicles up for sale, backed out of the usps truck contract, furloughed half of the mana work force, Kyle Maki including... to who ever thinks mana is not in trouble is I would say.. common its pretty evident. Overall they are doing ok and hoping to cash in on some sales on new wranglerish thar in india. But they want to cut their losses and in the report they showed in North America they were losing money fast so... they are in lean mode.. workforce cut. They mentioned they will cut investment into North America but did not specified by how much..may be just the designers and engineers planning on 2021 model but I will be very frank things are sketchy.
Thanks for some firsthand info.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Vinny

Supporting Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
No offense Campyman, but you sound like you're wound a little tight. Maybe a nice long quiet drive in your Roxor. Oh, and stop watching the news. Your blood pressure will go way down. ?

B

Bister

No offense Campyman, but you sound like you're wound a little tight. Maybe a nice long quiet drive in your Roxor. Oh, and stop watching the news. Your blood pressure will go way down. ?
He can't, he doesn't even own one anymore, he sold his last year cause he didn't want to get stuck with a unit he couldn't get parts for.

I sold mine because I didn't want to be stuck with a rig that I couldn't get parts for. I miss it and I wish I was wrong about what transpired.

That said I was always very puzzled as to why so many on this site engaged in hours long legal discussions about this subject. In some of the posts I read the responders devoted hours to writing long diatribes seeming like they thought Jeep's lawyers were going to read this website and their post was going to alter how this dispute was going to unfold. So great were certain people's illusion they even floated an unbelievable fiction that Trump would intervene in between his weekly trips to his golf courses.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tokarev

He can't, he sold his last year cause he didn't want to get stuck with a unit he couldn't get parts for.

I understand that position. If M&M does abandon the US market I'll likely sell mine.

This comes from owning a 2001 Ural. It was great fun and all but parts for the older rigs, depending on what's needed, can take some searching. Relying on overseas sellers on Ebay is less than ideal.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Harley Davidson is rumored to a deal with Mahindra...........? Etherway they are undergoing a major reorganization. Mahindra has several side by sides marketing thru Tractor dealers, that’s another option.