ooooooooooo

Is Mahindra in trouble?

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I'm in Northern Utah, and the two dealers up here say about 10-15 a month I believe. I think they are affiliated with the one in St. George.

Eyellgeteven

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I'm in Northern Utah, and the two dealers up here say about 10-15 a month I believe. I think they are affiliated with the one in St. George.
I got mine at the Midvale dealership and they had to go pick it up at the Bountiful one. One of the salesmen mentioned your Roxor...I got the olive green too, and they mentioned yours and how you've fixed it up to look like a military Jeep. I knew instantly which one they were talking about, I remember seeing pics of yours on here. Guess you're kind of a local legend at the dealership, lol.

Eyellgeteven

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
We sell 1-2 a week and cannot get them fast enough. However we sell almost all stickshift. We have an auto demo but most choose old school stick. We try to stock around 10. They have been a great seller and in our opinion are the best sxs out there for durability. The aftermarket is really coming on strong and about anything you want is available or soon to be.
I'm glad to hear they are selling well...also a little glad to hear that manuals are popular, lol.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I got mine at the Midvale dealership and they had to go pick it up at the Bountiful one. One of the salesmen mentioned your Roxor...I got the olive green too, and they mentioned yours and how you've fixed it up to look like a military Jeep. I knew instantly which one they were talking about, I remember seeing pics of yours on here. Guess you're kind of a local legend at the dealership, lol.
Lol, I dont know about local legend! Was Carter your salesman? Great guy.

B

Bister

I spoke to the dealer I got mine from and they said it has been a LITTLE slow, but nothing of major concern. I would still like to see the source of this news.
The links where all listed in post #6, but it's all stuff going on in India, including the rebates, nothing mentioned about MANA.

pejo0501

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
The links where all listed in post #6, but it's all stuff going on in India, including the rebates, nothing mentioned about MANA.
I bought mine in Marquette, Michigan and the dealership told me he sells a ton and makes them street legal like he did for mine.

MaineRox

Don’t you think trouble in India is pertinent to long term survival here?

Togo

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Their previous attempt to crack the US market didn't go well and this attempt seems to be at the wrong time. They had better get the postal service contract. All just my opinion, of course.

"A decade ago, Mahindra tried to break in to the U.S. market with a low-cost pickup truck. The foray ended in failure and a lawsuit from dealers demanding their franchise fees back. " Reuters
If Mahindra would just remove “off road only” from their paper trail I’d bet their Roxor sales would skyrocket.

B

Bister

I don't believe they are in trouble, a dip in sales or in business is not the end. Refinancing is normal in slow times, normal for long term businesses. It's not all sunshine and rainbows all the time. And their Auto industry in India is only one part of Mahindra. I don't think they are going anywhere anytime soon. I could be wrong, but I doubt they would be doing the kind of investment they are if they are leaving tomorrow, but things can change. I'm not losing any sleep over it.

70 YEARS PLUS IN BUSINESS
WORTH OVER $20.7 BILLION US
100 PLUS COUNTRIES
150 PLUS DIFFERENT COMPANIES
250,000 PLUS PEOPLE

MANA is one part of that.

Mahindra Rise - Mahindra Official Website | Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd
Screen Shot 2019-08-17 at 10.00.04 AM.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner

I agree , Roxor is actually an experiment for the lack of a better word. MM is looking for several ways to enter the Western market. If there was a clear path for off rd vehicles they would have just expanded the farm tractor line. They have learned from others who tried this approach and mostly due to the lack ( confusion ) of identity,eventually exited the business. Very few companies have found success with multi markets all under the Main brand, like JD , and MB. The spin out is evolving , hang on, the bumpy ride has atlest one more year to go........

pejo0501

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Is yours registered in Minn. or Mi. .? ( that dealership is 2 miles from me ).
Michigan. The dealership told me they would take care of everything to get it street legal and get it a new title saying on road vehicle.

MaineRox

If Mahindra would just remove “off road only” from their paper trail I’d bet their Roxor sales would skyrocket.
Amen to that! But, they’d probably have to change enough to the vehicle that price would go up too much. Catch 22?

MaineRox

I don't believe they are in trouble, a dip in sales or in business is not the end. Refinancing is normal in slow times, normal for long term businesses. It's not all sunshine and rainbows all the time. And their Auto industry in India is only one part of Mahindra. I don't think they are going anywhere anytime soon. I could be wrong, but I doubt they would be doing the kind of investment they are if they are leaving tomorrow, but things can change. I'm not losing any sleep over it.

70 YEARS PLUS IN BUSINESS
WORTH OVER $20.7 BILLION US
100 PLUS COUNTRIES
150 PLUS DIFFERENT COMPANIES
250,000 PLUS PEOPLE

MANA is one part of that.

Mahindra Rise - Mahindra Official Website | Mahindra & Mahindra LtdView attachment 4446

pejo0501

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Amen to that! But, they’d probably have to change enough to the vehicle that price would go up too much. Catch 22?
The dealership I am going thru said he has a hard time keeping them in stock now since the new law passed

MaineRox

I certainly hope you’re right. Just makes me nervous. Want them to do well enough to support this new venture and more.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Michigan. The dealership told me they would take care of everything to get it street legal and get it a new title saying on road vehicle.

That sounds good , I hope it all works out for you. They do work hard to make it all come together for the customer. They have done quite a bit for me too , we are all family around here in the northwoods , near the end of the World.....!