ooooooooooo

Is Mahindra in trouble?

Captain

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
FWIW on the state of things at the ITC (and possible approximate timing on a decision?), I’ve been poking around the case at USITC - EDIS Home. It looks like Mahindra filed a petition for an expedited proceeding as to the 2020 and post-2020 designs on Jun 18 (only the 18's and 19's have actually been considered by the ITC). That petition was approved on Jul 20th, setting a goal for the judge to reach a determination within three months (so Oct 20).

Fun fact, Mahindra filed a revised petition on Aug 31, un-redacting images of the post-2020 design.

All links are public, but require a free registration. To see more, do an advanced search for investigation number
337-TA-1132.

us17094

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
FWIW on the state of things at the ITC (and possible approximate timing on a decision?), I’ve been poking around the case at USITC - EDIS Home. It looks like Mahindra filed a petition for an expedited proceeding as to the 2020 and post-2020 designs on Jun 18 (only the 18's and 19's have actually been considered by the ITC). That petition was approved on Jul 20th, setting a goal for the judge to reach a determination within three months (so Oct 20).

Fun fact, Mahindra filed a revised petition on Aug 31, un-redacting images of the post-2020 design.

All links are public, but require a free registration. To see more, do an advanced search for investigation number
337-TA-1132.

Good find Captain! I took a look and I have to say I think the 2018-2019 design looks better than the proposed 2021 design. I would have posted images of the renderings here in the forum but the ITC website says documents are available to registered users. Probably would not an issue, but I'm not going to take any chances! Easy enough to register though.

B

Bister

It might look a bit goofy from what we are use to, but at least it looks like it is still going to be here.

"Mahindra on Friday informed that the Administrative Law Judge within the International Trade Commission “has completed his review of the redesigned 2021 ROXOR and in his opinion, has determined that it does not violate the socalled “Jeep Trade Dress”."

M&M finally manages to shake-off the Jeep litigation?

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Who cares what they look like ?...... more time needs to be spent on engineering and less on styling, after all these UTVs look better than any like kind off rd machine Out there. More practical they are too , lots of room, less noise , heat and towing ability far exceeds other UTVs . .....

Tokarev

Who cares what they look like ?

I'd say most owners on this board care. Look at how many owners have bought "jeep inspired" grills. Some have even gone so far as to put Jeep logos on their rigs.

Much of the ROXOR's appeal is its retro jeep styling.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

B

Bister

I'd say most owners on this board care. Look at how many owners have bought "jeep inspired" grills. Some have even gone so far as to put Jeep logos on their rigs.

Much of the ROXOR's appeal is its retro jeep styling.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
I would have cared before, but knowing what I know now, I probably wouldn't, but I can see new potential owners not buying over the looks. Hopefully they do some research and find it has the same under pinnings. Hopefully Roxor can refine it a bit and do some good marketing. With (most) current owners liking their unit, that will help spread the word. I would say those auto cad drawings (hopefully) won't be the final design. I have never tried to make mine look like a jeep, I'm proud to have the Roxor badges on it, but I know some want that.

I'm more function over fashion, but sometimes I think I am rare. lol

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I think the main selling point by Marketing was that the Roxor would appeal to the “ creative” type who Finnish their Rox to meet their own wants and needs.. what ever that is. Their advertising reflected this, but the follow up never got very far off the ground.........so far.

us17094

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
For my application, I think I still would have bought one even if it looked like this back in 2019. The Jeep styling was certainly a plus. But what sold it for me was the full size diesel engine, body on frame design, and above all else the manual transmission and 4WD transfer case.

Last edited:

Vinny

Supporting Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Yep. I'm one of those that wanted a Wrangler. I didn't want to pay Jeep prices for a new one and I didn't want an old one that would always need work. So the Roxor was the answer. All new parts, diesel, price was right, and where I live it could be my daily driver. Removed all Mahindra / Roxor stickers, installed the 7 slot grill, put on a Willys decal and boom......Old New Jeep?

Riverjet502

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
That front end looks gross!! Hopefully after market will come up with a fix for this. If this is indeed a finial production image...

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Interesting , the most expensive Vintage 4 x 4 Is NOT a Jeep, it’s a LR Defender, and that is because of looks. The old Broncos are right up there as well........and the new and latest is the new Broncos , which looks like a IH Scout !