ooooooooooo

Is Mahindra in trouble?

MaineRox

Could Mahindra be in trouble? Discounts on all their vehicles. Sales in quite a slump. Asking government for help. They have utilized a risky amount of credit. All of that has been in the news within the last week.

If so, would it matter to you?

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Well worst case scenario Mahindra will simply stop making the roxor and continue with their other businesses. I guess I'll just drive mine until the engine dies which could be 20 years from now.

Bhayarock

Could Mahindra be in trouble? Discounts on all their vehicles. Sales in quite a slump. Asking government for help. They have utilized a risky amount of credit. All of that has been in the news within the last week.

If so, would it matter to you?
Keep aside the discount and sales, can you please quote the source for the other news about the government credit. I know their vehicles sales in India has slowed down. Last news I read was in US market they were scouting for a new plant..if the USPS contract lands with them.
I dont think they are quiting in another 3 years if this flops as well, they still have a decent tractor business alongside. By the time I am pretty sure people would have figured out replacement parts for a roxor and who cares later on... Roxor is just a template jeep .. it has been passed down from willys to other manufacturers, if not mahindra some one will find out the parts.. and engine and tranny will last easily 10 years under normal usage.

Cshama

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
They are a multi billion dollar business still making profits as far as I can see.

Don't see the Rotor lasting though. Glad I have mine

Bhayarock

This is india market news the whole india auto market is in a bad shape. In the last decade Indian market boomed and this was bound to happen, very few people are now buying new vehicles and rather sticking to the old vehicles. This is not related to US mkt at all.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I wonder if they close shop in the US, if these would go up or down in value or maintain status quo?:unsure:

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I wonder if they close shop in the US, if these would go up or down in value or maintain status quo?:unsure:
Always have value. Worst case you stick a Chevy crate engine under the hood and accompanying trans and t case. The frame and body will be around for a awhile giving you a good canvas to build upon.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Always have value. Worst case you stick a Chevy crate engine under the hood and accompanying trans and t case. The frame and body will be around for a awhile giving you a good canvas to build upon.

Naw , the reason I bought my ROX is the turbo diesel on a compact frame , . Sure I could build my own , but not for 20M . I built up a Susuki Samurai and had close to 30M in it with out the diesel tourq. ......These Roxors are perfect for the north woods logging trails , was a great purchase. Other parts of the Americas may not be as suitable, and I still miss my 1976 CJ 7 I bought new......and , I lived in Chicago those days !

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
It was just an option should parts availability ever dries up.

bordercollie

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Gee, I don't want to believe the source hope it is greatly exaggerated .. as everyone that sees my Roxor loves it. I mean big smiles and hand waving. My farmer neighbors love it ,the JD mechanic ooohed and aahhhed over it when he came to do a computer doda on our big JD tractors. and I love it. However, I am really aggravated over having the pinion seal ordered for almost a month.and hope that is not a sign of trouble. I did the homework with ya'lls help and found a Jeep seal that worked... they wouldn't tell me that at the dealership - otherwise I'd be up the creek without a paddle. I use it every day in my work on the farm.

MaineRox

"Mahindra posted a standalone net income of 23.1 billion rupees ($327 million) in the quarter ended in June. Total income of the maker of Scorpio and Bolero SUVs fell 3.9% to 132.42 billion rupees, while expenses shrank 1.7%.

The latest quarter included an exceptional gain of 13.67 billion rupees from the sale of shares by M&M benefit trust and transfer of certain long-term investments, the company said.

Operating earnings at the automotive unit slumped 31%. Mahindra's farm equipment business saw its operating earnings plunge more than 19%. Sales volumes in the automotive unit shrank 5%, while tractor sales declined 15%.

Demand for passenger vehicles continues to be affected by the slowing economy, which along with tight credit conditions and delayed monsoon, impacted consumer sentiment in both urban and rural India, the company said in a statement."

Mahindra profit jumps on one-time gain from share sale

MaineRox

Their previous attempt to crack the US market didn't go well and this attempt seems to be at the wrong time. They had better get the postal service contract. All just my opinion, of course.

"A decade ago, Mahindra tried to break in to the U.S. market with a low-cost pickup truck. The foray ended in failure and a lawsuit from dealers demanding their franchise fees back. " Reuters

B

Bister

M&M has been around for many years companies and has many different areas/divisions. MANA is one of them. All companies go up and down. All car companies put blow out deals on old stock and last year models. Ford has 'employee pricing' right now. I'm not worried.

Randy Burns

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
We are a multi line dealer including Roxor and if rebates indicate "in trouble" then we have 3 other lines that will be closing their doors as well. Rebates on vehicles and SxS's have been around for a long time and are used to drive inventory levels and prepare for model year changes. We are selling a ton of Roxor's and don't see this line going away anymore than any of the other UTV companies. You will see companies like Arctic Cat and some of the cheapy Chinise companies leaving the industry as their market share shrinks before the Roxor goes away.

Eyellgeteven

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
We are a multi line dealer including Roxor and if rebates indicate "in trouble" then we have 3 other lines that will be closing their doors as well. Rebates on vehicles and SxS's have been around for a long time and are used to drive inventory levels and prepare for model year changes. We are selling a ton of Roxor's and don't see this line going away anymore than any of the other UTV companies. You will see companies like Arctic Cat and some of the cheapy Chinise companies leaving the industry as their market share shrinks before the Roxor goes away.
Do you sell a lot of Roxors then? The dealership I bought mine from said they sell quite a few of them and I noticed that in the week between when I ordered mine and when I picked it up, they turned over at least three of them. I'm guessing they sold, because they had been replaced with different colored/optioned units...I noticed the couple I checked out had automatics. I'm betting the autos will create more demand and will outsell the manuals...most people don't even know how to drive a manual these days.

Randy Burns

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
We sell 1-2 a week and cannot get them fast enough. However we sell almost all stickshift. We have an auto demo but most choose old school stick. We try to stock around 10. They have been a great seller and in our opinion are the best sxs out there for durability. The aftermarket is really coming on strong and about anything you want is available or soon to be.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I spoke to the dealer I got mine from and they said it has been a LITTLE slow, but nothing of major concern. I would still like to see the source of this news.

Paria Rox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The dealer I bought from in Southern Utah claims they were selling 30-40 a month. I do believe the market is strong out west here.