ooooooooooo

Is Mahindra in trouble?

Tokarev

More news about nothing.

At this point I'd just be happy to buy a darn oil filter....

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

us17094

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
We'll put Tokarev. These teaser videos are absolutely useless.

B

Bister

We'll put Tokarev. These teaser videos are absolutely useless.
I do agree with you, but until they get approval from the ALJ on the 2021 model (late Oct), they really can't release much more. Their hands are kind of tied. I do like the fact that they are telling us they are sticking around and planning for a 2021 Roxor.

At least I see the glass as half full and they are sticking around, not like Campyman that sold his Roxor and the sky is falling and is here telling us they are leaving, without any facts of course. If they were, why are they still here spending money promoting the Roxor? Cheaper to just leave, buy out the dealers and cut their losses. It might be falling and they might pack up and leave, but I'm not going to post that over and over. I am going to enjoy my Roxor, which I do. I am hopeful they will stick around; if they don't, oh well, I still have a Roxor, not like other that have sold cause they are worried Mahindra might be gone. Either way, I love my Roxor and use it daily. I will not be selling it.

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Bister

More news about nothing.

At this point I'd just be happy to buy a darn oil filter....

My dealer hasn't had much trouble getting parts and they stock lots, I guess I'm lucky to have a great dealer.

Eyellgeteven

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
The way I see it, the worst that happens is they pull out, making it harder to find parts for those of us that are keeping theirs. I'm betting we could still get parts dealing directly with Mahindra in India...or, since they are simple vehicles, they can be modified to accept various parts from other brands of vehicles. Either way, I'm betting they can be kept running for decades, one way or another. I'm most definitely keeping mine.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Agree, MANA can sell parts. I'll keep mine it is a great little machine. Worst case scenario I'll cross reference the part I need

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
:-(
Or given the recent post office news cycle about funding or the lack of perhaps Mahindra isn’t too optimistic about the potential sales/profits from a postal vehicle venture. And/or the COVID uncertainty with supply chain could also be a factor too. Will they pull out of the US altogether? I don’t know. If 2021 comes and no new Roxor I’d say we have an answer. Right now it’s pure speculation on everyone’s part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A conversation I had with my Roxor dealers owner a few weeks back, He stated, MANA stands for MAHINDRA AUTOMOTIVE NORTH AMERICA. He told me that the largest volume Roxor dealers will be the first offered MAHINDRA CAR dealerships when they hit the GO button. He seems to not be worried a bit about the current B.S. lawsuits.

He also mentioned that the thinning out of some upper level management and some workers is due to the current economics and the production halt. Its not because Mahindra is pulling out or shutting down. Its just business. Hope he is right.

BDRAG

Vinny

Supporting Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I do agree with you, but until they get approval from the ALJ on the 2021 model (late Oct), they really can't release much more. Their hands are kind of tied. I do like the fact that they are telling us they are sticking around and planning for a 2021 Roxor.

At least I see the glass as half full and they are sticking around, not like Campyman that sold his Roxor and the sky is falling and is here telling us they are leaving, without any facts of course. If they were, why are they still here spending money promoting the Roxor? Cheaper to just leave, buy out the dealers and cut their losses. It might be falling and they might pack up and leave, but I'm not going to post that over and over. I am going to enjoy my Roxor, which I do. I am hopeful they will stick around; if they don't, oh well, I still have a Roxor, not like other that have sold cause they are worried Mahindra might be gone. Either way, I love my Roxor and use it daily. I will not be selling it.

Blister: You wrote some things here which frankly make no sense at all. Mahindra has pulled out of a multi-billion dollar deal to supply vehicles to the post office. Within this context you wrote that my opinion that Mahindra is probably leaving the US is "without any facts of course". Meanwhile Mahindra cannot even sell a single vehicle in the US because they got their butts handed too them by FCA. Within this context you again wrote that my opinion is "without any facts of course". Seriously Blister pull your head out of the sand and look around. In America things don't look good at all...... Millions of people are facing eviction and homelessness. Almost 200,000 people have died from Covid. I'm a builder and we're seeing MAJOR supply chain issues because many factories are closed. The ONLY reason the stock market is doing ok is because 90% of stocks are owned by the rich. Average folks are suffering in one way or another, and we're the one's who primarily need Roxors. Within this context you claim that my opinion "is without facts of course". Wow.....Seriously Blister are you trying to pull the wool over everyone's eyes, cause it seems like you're spreading fake news!

I really liked my Roxor and I want Mahindra to succeed. But I'm not going to engage in wishfull thinking. I run a successful company myself and the reason why I succeed regardless of whether the economy is good or bad is because I accept the facts, no matter how difficult they are to hear, and I adapt. Maybe you should do the same....

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The way I see it, the worst that happens is they pull out, making it harder to find parts for those of us that are keeping theirs. I'm betting we could still get parts dealing directly with Mahindra in India...or, since they are simple vehicles, they can be modified to accept various parts from other brands of vehicles. Either way, I'm betting they can be kept running for decades, one way or another. I'm most definitely keeping mine.

This is probably true. Mahindra could easily continue selling spare parts to Roxor owners in the US. There's money to be made there and all they would have to do is set up a website, or even sell the parts through eBay.

Tokarev

MAHINDRA CAR dealerships when they hit the GO button...Hope he is right.

BDRAG

Wasn't the plan to start the car dealerships once the post office truck contract was established?

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Wasn't the plan to start the car dealerships once the post office truck contract was established?

Actually the car dealerships were planned back in the early 2000’s when they were gonna bring over a small pickup. Not sure why but that venture never materialized.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B

Bister

Blister: You wrote some things here which frankly make no sense at all. Mahindra has pulled out of a multi-billion dollar deal to supply vehicles to the post office. Within this context you wrote that my opinion that Mahindra is probably leaving the US is "without any facts of course". Meanwhile Mahindra cannot even sell a single vehicle in the US because they got their butts handed too them by FCA. Within this context you again wrote that my opinion is "without any facts of course". Seriously Blister pull your head out of the sand and look around. In America things don't look good at all...... Millions of people are facing eviction and homelessness. Almost 200,000 people have died from Covid. I'm a builder and we're seeing MAJOR supply chain issues because many factories are closed. The ONLY reason the stock market is doing ok is because 90% of stocks are owned by the rich. Average folks are suffering in one way or another, and we're the one's who primarily need Roxors. Within this context you claim that my opinion "is without facts of course". Wow.....Seriously Blister are you trying to pull the wool over everyone's eyes, cause it seems like you're spreading fake news!

I really liked my Roxor and I want Mahindra to succeed. But I'm not going to engage in wishfull thinking. I run a successful company myself and the reason why I succeed regardless of whether the economy is good or bad is because I accept the facts, no matter how difficult they are to hear, and I adapt. Maybe you should do the same....
FYI: It's "Bister", Not "Blister".
Sounds like I hurt your feeling.

You still have no proof they are leaving the US. Just cause they pulled out of a contract and they had to stop selling the current Roxor is not “proof” they are leaving the US. They might be, I don’t know; none of us do, except for you of course.

Tokarev

Ordering parts off eBay and/or expecting to buy stuff gray market is not what interests me. If MANA does close its doors or otherwise abandon the ROXOR then my rig will most likely be put up for sale. This will likely mean a good loss but I think that's better in the long run than trying to find parts off the internet five or six years from now.

ROXOR could certainly help me in this regard with some news. Real news about company plans and not some stupid videos that don't really tell me anything other than something "freaky" is being planned. What does that even mean and how many times are they going to tell us something freaky is coming? I don't want freaky I want dependable, rugged, affordable....

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
FYI: It's "Bister", Not "Blister".
Sounds like I hurt your feeling.

You still have no proof they are leaving the US. Just cause they pulled out of a contract and they had to stop selling the current Roxor is not “proof” they are leaving the US. They might be, I don’t know; none of us do, except for you of course.

So it sounds like your one of THOSE people who cannot accept any responsibility for himself when he's publicly caught saying things that are completely untrue. Where I come from it is COWARDLY to not apologize when you say something that's false. You publicly misrepresented to the entire community here that Campyman believes "without any facts of course" that Mahindra might leave the US. It is there for all to see. But I pointed out 2 facts that are quite compelling. Therefore you LIED to this community. Do you wish to apologize, or are you a coward? If you don't like people confronting you this way than do yourself a favor and think before you write......

B

Bister

So it sounds like your one of THOSE people who cannot accept any responsibility for himself when he's publicly caught saying things that are completely untrue. Where I come from it is COWARDLY to not apologize when you say something that's false. You publicly misrepresented to the entire community here that Campyman believes "without any facts of course" that Mahindra might leave the US. It is there for all to see. But I pointed out 2 facts that are quite compelling. Therefore you LIED to this community. Do you wish to apologize, or are you a coward? If you don't like people confronting you this way than do yourself a favor and think before you write......
I’m sorry I hurt your feeling.

PLEASE tell me what I said that is untrue, PLEASE.

What FACTS do you have the Mahindra is pulling out of the US for sure? You don't have any, so I am not lying.

Cancelling a "BID" on a POTENTIAL multi million dollar contract and having a court case that prevents the selling of the current units are not "FACTS" that Mahindra is leaving. They might leave, I don’t know, but you seem pretty sure of it. If they do, I’m sure you will be here saying “I told you so”.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
It seems to me that all the talk about Mahindra leaving NA is just one more COVID 19 fallout. This Pandemic is not over , at lest another year,maybe more before we see supply chains back to normal.Yesterday I talked to the Mahindra dealer in town and they are having just as hard a time getting parts for their customers as everyone else. ........As far as rumors, our local Mahindra dealer is also Harley Davidson dealer . I was told there is a confirmed deal coming where Harley dealers in NA will become Mahindra Distribution outlets for a pick up truck as well as a car. Any and all speculation on just about everything hinges on the Pandemic, Mahindra and HD is another ,don’t hold your breath whatever it is, including the Stock Market and the Election......

Vinny

Supporting Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #

Wow