ooooooooooo

Front Shackles Leveling

OffRoad709

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Have a question, anybody have any measurements on the aftermarket front leveling shackles so i can make my own ? Shipping from the U.S. to Canada is a killer for buying most things online ?

OffRoad709

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Got er done. 1 7/8" lift , looks way better and front end doesn't bottom out now.

20230828_172454.jpg 20230828_172443.jpg

OffRoad709

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I might take them off over the winter and weld a gusset between them just to stiffen them up. Next project is to make a rear hitch tied into the frame ( wish me luck lol )

InfRoxor

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I might take them off over the winter and weld a gusset between them just to stiffen them up. Next project is to make a rear hitch tied into the frame ( wish me luck lol )
Any luck making a rear hitch with frame tie in

lcp

Have a question, anybody have any measurements on the aftermarket front leveling shackles so i can make my own ? Shipping from the U.S. to Canada is a killer for buying most things online ?
One way to approach this is to measure the front and the back and determine how much you want to lift the front. Double that lift estimate and add it to the length of the stock shackles (hole to hole). You can cut whatever lengths you need of 1/4"x2" flat strap steel, drill your holes as far apart as you determined they need to be, and bolt them on. That's pretty much how I did mine. Luckily I had some scrap flat strap steel sitting around waiting to be useful somewhere.

OffRoad709

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
One way to approach this is to measure the front and the back and determine how much you want to lift the front. Double that lift estimate and add it to the length of the stock shackles (hole to hole). You can cut whatever lengths you need of 1/4"x2" flat strap steel, drill your holes as far apart as you determined they need to be, and bolt them on. That's pretty much how I did mine. Luckily I had some scrap flat strap steel sitting around waiting to be useful somewhere.
Got them made ! Rides and looks better !

20230828_172454.jpg

Reactions: lcp

Uncle Chuck

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Just wanted to give y’all a little reminder…..
If, on the front axles, all you do to lift it is lengthen the shackles, and don’t extend the rear end of the leaf spring, you are altering the caster angle of the alignment. This probably won’t make any difference off-road, but if you drive it much on the pavement, you should probably be prepared for it to not track correctly. Might be more difficult to “keep it between the ditches. “
Just wanted you to know and be safe!

Uncle Chuck

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Oops. Perhaps I should have said “drop” the rear end of the front leaf springs instead of “lengthen”. Sorry about that!