ooooooooooo

New owner questions about CJ7 Windshield and leveling kit

Busted Knuckles

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Just got the title in the mail for my 2019 base model. Now that it's mine, all mine, I want to do a few mods.
I know that I want to lift the front to level it and get a CJ7 windshield.
I have a local spring guy - is there any reason I can't just have the front springs rearched? He's done a few sets for me and some friends with great results.
Second, when I Google search CJ7 windshields a ton come up. I'd like some feedback from those of you who have installed them regarding vendors - who has done you guys right and who is sketchy?
I plan to send the ECM to Diesel Freaks for their Stage 2 tune and add their intake leakage fix. I'll probably make my own blockoff plate for the EGR. Based on my experiences with gasoline engines, they push some foul crap into the intake and it tends to build up.
I really like the Roxor so far, I DON'T want to change the grill or make it look like a Jeep. One of the best things about owning one is how they get under the skin of Jeepsters, particularly the turbo diesel engine that they have been trying to get Jeep to use for years. We have a once-a-month Cars & Coffee at a local hangout, I want to take the Roxor to the next one, I haven't seen another in my city yet, I'm sure it'll draw a crowd.
Thanks in advance for all your help, I sure appreciate having a forum like this with so many helpful people.

TomRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Jeepglass.com sells a pretty complete kit, painted to your color code and glass installed, premium wiper parts, otherwise I needed to go to 3-4 different sources (websites) to get everything, then get the windshield frame and hinges painted and glass installed

the front shackle lift at diesel freak is so so easy, and affordable, $60? Maybe start there

GiStore

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Thar Owner
Just got the title in the mail for my 2019 base model. Now that it's mine, all mine, I want to do a few mods.
I know that I want to lift the front to level it and get a CJ7 windshield.
I have a local spring guy - is there any reason I can't just have the front springs rearched? He's done a few sets for me and some friends with great results.
Second, when I Google search CJ7 windshields a ton come up. I'd like some feedback from those of you who have installed them regarding vendors - who has done you guys right and who is sketchy?
I plan to send the ECM to Diesel Freaks for their Stage 2 tune and add their intake leakage fix. I'll probably make my own blockoff plate for the EGR. Based on my experiences with gasoline engines, they push some foul crap into the intake and it tends to build up.
I really like the Roxor so far, I DON'T want to change the grill or make it look like a Jeep. One of the best things about owning one is how they get under the skin of Jeepsters, particularly the turbo diesel engine that they have been trying to get Jeep to use for years. We have a once-a-month Cars & Coffee at a local hangout, I want to take the Roxor to the next one, I haven't seen another in my city yet, I'm sure it'll draw a crowd.
Thanks in advance for all your help, I sure appreciate having a forum like this with so many helpful people.
Let me know if you are stuck with windshield,I can list a mahindra Thar one to purchase, Painted windshield+ all fittings + wiper Kit,Glass you need to fix locally as its prone to break during shipping,

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I bought my windshield Frame for $80 remanufactured. It came primer gray. Glass was about 100. Installed myself. Hinges got off Amazon for under 100. Slight mods to get holes to line up but nothing major. Re welded roll cage to bolt upto the frame. I did the RC level kit that comes with extended shackles.

20210110_143134.jpg 20210416_163643.jpg

Busted Knuckles

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
My first mod...recognizing the origin of our Roxors I hope in a humorous way, no disrespect intended for folks from India but kicking sand in the eyes of Jeepsters.
4C6F387D-310D-4E0B-833F-CA58DF5F7723_1_105_c.jpeg

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
My first mod...recognizing the origin of our Roxors I hope in a humorous way, no disrespect intended for folks from India but kicking sand in the eyes of Jeepsters.View attachment 12687
So inorder to add the CJ windshield that little mod will be removed to add the windshield. I had to zoom in

Busted Knuckles

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
As little highway use as it will get, I'm actually considering a lexan windshield that attaches with Velcro.

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Talk to others here but I've heard the complaint about windshields that aren't solid. I know of one where it blew off and cut up a guy.

G.Tallant

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I think the cj windshield is the best thing. They are not flimsy or thin like the aftermarket stuff. Also they have the wiper system contained in the frame. Also have the defrost vents in the frame ( if you have a heater). Also jeep doors and half-doors will mate right up. To me, and again it’s just my opinion, jeep stuff has a cleaner look and is more functional than the aftermarket stuff. although the “thar” stuff fits and looks ok, it is much more expensive than the jeep route

8B51FD19-3C4B-43CC-B384-6E1166CFE378.jpeg 2532813F-C11A-418C-97CA-EC5A012F2AC7.jpeg

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I think the cj windshield is the best thing. They are not flimsy or thin like the aftermarket stuff. Also they have the wiper system contained in the frame. Also have the defrost vents in the frame ( if you have a heater). Also jeep doors and half-doors will mate right up. To me, and again it’s just my opinion, jeep stuff has a cleaner look and is more functional than the aftermarket stuff. although the “thar” stuff fits and looks ok, it is much more expensive than the jeep route

View attachment 12689 View attachment 12690
Also cheaper to get parts. When I got my 2020 I knew before I took ownership that I would be going the CJ route. Installed the bikini top channel on windshield. Bikini top only $70. Roxor assesories are pricey

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Look at JC Whitney, or Amazon. So I got my frame for under 100 at the end of 2020. I just found one on Amazon for 125. I got my wipers and motor used from ebay for 100. Wired switch myself. Painted frame black and mounted. Hinges for 67 amazon,

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
It's cheaper all around going this route. Now I have a YJ windshield in mine that has locations to fix the roll cage horizontal bars to the windshield. I fabed brackets and screwed them to windshield. Someday I run them to the floor

Screenshot_20230824_174428_Gallery.jpg

Busted Knuckles

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Any negative comments about Omix? I found a frame on Amazon for $287
Or a kit that contains seals, etc. on ebay
I am guessing that sourcing the extras might put the complete kit within range of the complete kit? All I'd need would be brackets and the whole wiper assembly? I have a buddy in the glass business and he can get the windshield at a reasonable price and install it and would only charge me his cost on the glass.

Grump Fish

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Some info in this thread that may be helpful.

Busted Knuckles

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
^ It is, thanks, I'll sure look at doing it that way.
I saw a Roxor a few days back that had netting covering the rear triangle sections of the roll cage and they completely transformed the way it looks , I think I'll give that a shot.
I have some 17" BFG mud tires that I got for a deal that I've been wanting to run but couldn't find the right wheels and tires. Then I found that they'll need to be spaced outward to clear everything, so I'll just use some adapter spacers and find some 6-luggers that will fit, there's a whole lot more choices there. Also planning to use fender flares but since I won't be on trails, I'll use some Gorilla Glue double sided tape and secure each end with a small screw just to keep the tips from coming loose, that's usually where the trouble starts on something that's taped on. Just can't make myself drill that many holes in my Roxor just yet.

Grump Fish

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
^ It is, thanks, I'll sure look at doing it that way.
I saw a Roxor a few days back that had netting covering the rear triangle sections of the roll cage and they completely transformed the way it looks , I think I'll give that a shot.
I have some 17" BFG mud tires that I got for a deal that I've been wanting to run but couldn't find the right wheels and tires. Then I found that they'll need to be spaced outward to clear everything, so I'll just use some adapter spacers and find some 6-luggers that will fit, there's a whole lot more choices there. Also planning to use fender flares but since I won't be on trails, I'll use some Gorilla Glue double sided tape and secure each end with a small screw just to keep the tips from coming loose, that's usually where the trouble starts on something that's taped on. Just can't make myself drill that many holes in my Roxor just yet.
Sounds like you have a plan formulating! I used wheel spacers when I installed larger tires too. I ended up installing the Jeep fender flares. It wasn't too bad and they have held up great. Have to trim and use a heat gun on the fronts a bit but it isnt hard to do.
For my lift, I went with he Rough Country leveling kit. It was fairly easy to install. Below is a link to some things I learned when I installed it.
Another thought since you are going to be running it on the road, if you dont already have them, you should consider installing locking hubs like the Warn ones I used or Mile Marker ones others on here have installed.

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Any negative comments about Omix? I found a frame on Amazon for $287
Or a kit that contains seals, etc. on ebay
I am guessing that sourcing the extras might put the complete kit within range of the complete kit? All I'd need would be brackets and the whole wiper assembly? I have a buddy in the glass business and he can get the windshield at a reasonable price and install it and would only charge me his cost on the glass.

APDTY 112305 Windshield Frame Kit with Rubber Weatherstrip Seal CJ Models​

1. APDTY 112305 Windshield Frame Kit with Rubber Weatherstrip Seal CJ Models

Found this on Amazon.