ooooooooooo

RC 2.5" Leveling Kit Tips

Grump Fish

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I finally had time to install my Rough Country 2.5" leveling lift this past weekend. In the process, I learned a couple of things that I thought you guys might find useful.
First, I was not happy with the RC solution for bolting the bracket to the rear spring mount since the hole on the inside is much larger to accommodate the stock bolt with grease ports. I realize that the lift bracket has an upper bolt to stabilize this but I was not completely comfortable with it. I bought a 7/8" OD X 5/8" ID bushing at Tractor supply and cut two approximately 1/8" long pieces off of it to put in the holes and make the 5/8" supplied bolt fit snugly on both sides.
The other thing was that I did not like the lower shock brackets that were supplied in the kit. After some research and two trips to the auto parts stores, I found that rear shocks for a 2003 Nissan Frontier are a good fit for this lift. I ended up going with Duralast P/N TS34-30953B. Probably not the best ones but they were black, in stock, fairly inexpensive, and I'm still uncertain how well small truck shocks will perform in this application. All I can say is they seem to work well in the little bit Ive driven it since the lift.
I still have a lot on my list of mods but Im happy with the results on the lift so far.

IMG_4917.jpg IMG_4918.jpg IMG_4928.jpg