ooooooooooo

Extended Cage

Gavinras

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I finally got around to extending my Mahindra Roxors cage this weekend. I used 1.75 by .120 wall tubing and a good friends tubing bender. The rear seat is a rolling tumbler made for a Jeep cj (fits perfect). So far so good, just need to take it all the way off and finish weld everything and prep for paint. I attached some before pics, during pics, and after pics let me know what you think! I have a locker, windshield, and winch plate on it’s way. The plan is to fab up my own bumpers as well. Has anyone done blinkers without one of the 350 dollar kits?View attachment 3325View attachment 3326View attachment 3327View attachment 3328View attachment 3329

DLR

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I can't see the photos either. Says

Oops! We ran into some problems.

You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

Gavinras

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
5C505594-BA7C-456A-ACA3-5A6C2E1B60CB.jpeg
E4C2D4AB-1C25-4BB5-8DDF-F2EC28192D76.jpeg
14195956-6E21-4578-A5B6-7CE505F38437.jpeg
How about now?

Last edited:

General

Founding Member
I'd feel safer tumbling in your rear seat than mine. How long did it take you to design/bend/weld/coat?

Gavinras

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
It took me and a good buddy a whole day of bending/coping/welding tubing. We designed it as we went. I didn’t wanna copy anyone that’s why I have an x in the back of mine. Also got a hitch receiver built today, wanted to be able to put a cargo carrier with a cooler and whatever extra stuff I need on the trail. Hopefully windshield, and winch plate will be here this week. Locker is sitting in the garage ready to install.
99845468-B379-4BCD-86C6-39D350CB1EC5.jpeg

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
It took me and a good buddy a whole day of bending/coping/welding tubing. We designed it as we went. I didn’t wanna copy anyone that’s why I have an x in the back of mine. Also got a hitch receiver built today, wanted to be able to put a cargo carrier with a cooler and whatever extra stuff I need on the trail. Hopefully windshield, and winch plate will be here this week. Locker is sitting in the garage ready to install.View attachment 3346
I'm just giving you a hard time. Ya I wish I had thought of putting an x above the cage too. Nice work.

Gavinras

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I'm just giving you a hard time. Ya I wish I had thought of putting an x above the cage too. Nice work.

No hard feelings I knew you were messing around, I like your Roxor, it does look very similar. ?The x in the cage looks good but I have a feeling full size adults sitting in the back aren’t gonna enjoy it that much the first big bump I take ?

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
they should be fine when sitting. I'm 6'7" and there's plenty of headroom for me. You really feel it when you go over a bump though because your sitting right over the rear differential.

B

Bister

I think you have to run your own. I don’t believe there are wires in the harness for signals, none that I have seen posted anywhere anyway.

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Thanks, I understand a blinker circuit I was more hoping that someone knew the exact wires to tap into so I didn’t have to test them all, I guess running my own wouldn’t be that bad either.

The rear tail lights do have the bulbs for the turn signal. However. Beyond that I’m sure taping into the harness may open a can of worms unless you had a copy of the schematic. Mahindra keeps that schematic under lock and key. Beyond that I know the xtc kit uses a new harness that must be routed back to the rear turn signals and it also includes a new harness for the front too. I’m sure if there was a way to simply tap into the existing harness they would have found it and came out with a simpler kit.

Gavinras

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The rear tail lights do have the bulbs for the turn signal. However. Beyond that I’m sure taping into the harness may open a can of worms unless you had a copy of the schematic. Mahindra keeps that schematic under lock and key. Beyond that I know the xtc kit uses a new harness that must be routed back to the rear turn signals and it also includes a new harness for the front too. I’m sure if there was a way to simply tap into the existing harness they would have found it and came out with a simpler kit.
Thank you! I was not aware the wiring schematics were unavailable to look at. I will run my own harness, thank you all.

Driver8

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Got my cage fully welded up this weekend. Hopefully going in for turbo liner tomorrow along with hitch, windshield frame, winch plate and the stock bumper I cut down

How did you tie the cage into the Roxor?