ooooooooooo

Roll Cage Dimensions

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I am again away from my Roxor, but have an idea for my next project: a roof.
I have time to work up some ideas. Unforthnately, I left my measurments with my machine and am two states away.

Could one of you help me get some measurements of the factory roll cage, please? 1/4" is a good enough tolerance (I will upsize to be safe).

? I will not hold anywone accountable for measurments!

I am looking for these dimensions:
1. Width of the cage (passenger to driver / left to right) above the seats from outside tube on one side to outside tube on the other side.
2. Length of the cage in these sections (see attached picture):
a. Front section, sloping (point 1 - 2): from the brace where front vertical post and horizontal beam meet (top edge of the windshield) to the CENTER of the bend.
b. Main section, level (point 2 - 3): from CENTER of the front bend to the CENTER of the rear bend (behind the brace where the rear vertical post and horizontal meet)
c. Drop of the sloped front section: top of the level, horizontal tube to top of front brace. Imagine you placed a level on the horizontal tube and measured down to the top of top brace (top of the windshield).

20200609_193938.jpg

Tinfoil Hat

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I'm going to my cabin the week of July 4th, if nobody gave them to you by then, I'll get them for you.

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
@Tinfoil Hat. Thank you for offering. I may be back in Arizona where my machine is next week. If so, I will update the post and close my request.
By the way, your prvious posts helped me when i got my Roxor first. Thanks for sharing al the helpful information.

Tinfoil Hat

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Holy *hit... I didn't realize that YOU were the person that I disagreed with on the open forum! A big part of me wants to apologize for disagreeing with you, but part of me wants us to show the internet how to have a differing opinion and work it out through civil, logical discussion! Even if that means that we just agree to disagree! I'm happy to do anything I can, to help improve our Roxor's and I'm happy to take measurements that will help!

I formally; DON'T apologize for having a different opinion, but I ; formally, sincerely, look forward to our future discussions on this matter. Maybe together, we can both influence future Roxor buyers on whether or not to buy one of these vehicles.

I hate/love that we disagree, lets educate each-other and find common ground!

Take Care,

Jeremy

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hey, i think we've had a great conversation and i appreciate the rebuttal ?. If we dont have different opinions, then what's there to talk about?

The Roxor form is the only one I follow: great folks here!

I have worked the last 25 years for different auto OEMs and suppliers as an engineer. These days, i deal a mostly with contracts and sometines patents. I am probably a bit jaded when it comes to car companies.

Tinfoil Hat

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
This is an example of the best kind of communication that we should all hope for! It's ok to have differing points of view. Thank you for being open to discussion and (possibly) a differing point of view.. Nice to meet you my friend! If we ever actually meet, first round's on me!

Take Care

us17094

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I am again away from my Roxor, but have an idea for my next project: a roof.
I have time to work up some ideas. Unforthnately, I left my measurments with my machine and am two states away.

Could one of you help me get some measurements of the factory roll cage, please? 1/4" is a good enough tolerance (I will upsize to be safe).

? I will not hold anywone accountable for measurments!

I am looking for these dimensions:
1. Width of the cage (passenger to driver / left to right) above the seats from outside tube on one side to outside tube on the other side.
2. Length of the cage in these sections (see attached picture):
a. Front section, sloping (point 1 - 2): from the brace where front vertical post and horizontal beam meet (top edge of the windshield) to the CENTER of the bend.
b. Main section, level (point 2 - 3): from CENTER of the front bend to the CENTER of the rear bend (behind the brace where the rear vertical post and horizontal meet)
c. Drop of the sloped front section: top of the level, horizontal tube to top of front brace. Imagine you placed a level on the horizontal tube and measured down to the top of top brace (top of the windshield).

View attachment 6818
AZROX: I have the four-person ROPS so I could not get you all these measurements, but I could get a few:

1. Width of the cage from outside tubes = 53.5 inches

2. a. point 1-2 = 9 inches

2. b. point 2 - 3 = this one I can't get b/c of my 4-seat ROPS

2. c. drop of slope = 2 inches

I hope that helps (and that they are accurate!)

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
us17094, thanks for thw measurement! Just the level of accuracy I needed and just in time.
I will get some sheet aluminun on Monday and do some rough bends before I get back to where my Roxor is.